Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the day has arrived for Paqueta to play his last match with Flamengo. He got emotional during the final whistle and the 21 years old chap will finally step up and move to grande Milan. He is taking the same step as Kaka and hope to emulate him. Rumour is he will be wearing number 39.

May he be the answer to our Midfield issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
New AC Milan signing Lucas Paqueta has spoken with Brazilian media about his future move to the San Siro. The Brazilian will arrive in the January transfer window and has already chosen his squad number: “I’ll wear the shirt no. 39”, the Brazilian starlet said.

“I had luck with it and I hope the same will happen in Milan. I chose the Rossoneri because of Leonardo, he called me and convinced me immediately. I know AC Milan have a serious project for my career and that’s a vital step for a young player that arrives in Europe. I am looking forward to beginning.”

Sick of those unordinary numbers players get.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Some guy from my ex work place said he's the best player in Brazil right now.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Really hope this works out.

We need to be patient — it’s hard to imagine another young player doing a Kaká or Pato and being so explosive from the outset.

At the same time, it’s true that if he clicks quickly he might be key to the club moving to the next level.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Yeah those Tifo vids are great. I love the ones about tactics, you really don't see relatively detailed tactical analysis often these days. There's one about Sacchi too.

On that note, it will be interesting to see how Rino managers Paquetá. We've joked a bit about it, but in reality unfortunately LW seems less crazy by the day. I would definitely favor a much deeper role, like the one in the video frank posted.

The injury situation also conditions the whole thing of course. But there's also the man-managing aspect. Some coaches just throw the young players out there, some are much gradual about. Gattuso seems extremely conservative in this sense. I really hope Paquetá gets to play a lot.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I expect that we will return to 4-3-3 in January and Paqueta will play in one of the two CM spots, in lieu of Bonaventura.

If Bonaventura were healthy Paqueta would have to fight to earn the spot but as it stands, he has little competition and should play right away.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
That would be good and it's the most likely scenario by far I think. The right sided mezzala might have been a better fit for him, but slight chance of Kessié being moved (nor should he necessarily, though I keep thinking it's an awkward fit for him somehow... not that the left be would be better, more and more it seems to me he's just better suited for a 2 men midfield, like someone else has pointed here recently) .

Another possibility would be something more like this, with Paquetá in a very free role:

-----------Kessié---------Bakayoko-----------

-------Suso------Paquetá----------Hakan---

------------------Higuatrone------------------

Although even more with Conti back it would be quite unbalanced towards the right.

If we do sign Zlatan we might see quite different stuff though.

·
Registered
15,680 Posts
I still feel 4-4-2 is the best formation for this Milan. Cutrone, Higuain, Ibra; on paper all would compliment each other.

Bakayoko and Kessie in the middle until Paqueta can find his feet. Or perhaps at the expense of Hakan. Maybe Paqueta on the left side with freedom to cut in could be effective, and with a solid Bakayoko-Kessie duo anchoring the midfield it could give freedom for Rodriguez to occupy the attacking third more often, where he is most dangerous. His crossing is very good and with two forwards all the more reason for this. Same applicable to Conti.

Kessie --- Bakayoko
Conti -----------------------------Rodriguez
---V----Suso > ---------- < Paqueta----V-----
--------Higuain ---- Cutrone (Ibra)​

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
That's another very strong possibility too. For home games at least.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The arrival of Ibra is something of a giveaway that we will move forward playing 2 up front.
I think Paqueta could slot in-between the middle.

Kessie moving to the left playing like Seedorf is something to think about.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Paqueta has just be named best midfielder for the 2018 Campeonato Brasileiro, so expectations on him will be high, much higher than Kaka when he first arrived. I think his best position is the #10 at the tip of a 442 diamond, though playing this formation very much depends on whether Ibra arrives too in January. If not, he should slot in nicely as a left sided mezz'ala along Bakayoko and Kessie. But if Gattuso plays him as LW then he can expect needle piercing rituals of voodoo dolls from me.

·
Scudetto
23,377 Posts
Expectations surrounding Kaka were not high because at that point, the two rising stars were Diego and Robinho.

His modest price tag of EUR8m combined with the fact that we had Rui Costa and Rivaldo in front of him.. Fans were busy dreaming of other things.

Pato, on the other hand, came with all the hype in the world. He played some 8 professional games before joining, right?

But I must say he certainly did live up to the hype before the injuries crippled him. Being the biased-fan I was back then, I was certain he would have been up there challenging for the Ballon d'Or by now.

Sigh. Good times.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then again, the news of Fabregras will put the mids position to a toss here.
The diamond mids could be a good solution. Bona and Kebab will surely be affected with the appending new arrivals.

Gattuso will have a good headache for sure. But he better not screw up.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Expectations surrounding Kaka were not high because at that point, the two rising stars were Diego and Robinho.

His modest price tag of EUR8m combined with the fact that we had Rui Costa and Rivaldo in front of him.. Fans were busy dreaming of other things.

Pato, on the other hand, came with all the hype in the world. He played some 8 professional games before joining, right?

But I must say he certainly did live up to the hype before the injuries crippled him. Being the biased-fan I was back then, I was certain he would have been up there challenging for the Ballon d'Or by now.

Sigh. Good times.

How about Cuff Cuff Jani, the stuff where we thought he would be the next Zidane

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Re: Pato, he was very hyped indeed. Didn’t help when Berlu stated before his debut that he would score 30 goals between January and June.

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
We play better with 2 upfront. Especially since Kessie and Bakayoko are better just to sit back and do the simple stuff.

Paqueta will probably play LM or LW :)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Re: Pato, he was very hyped indeed. Didn’t help when Berlu stated before his debut that he would score 30 goals between January and June.
He cost a lot of money for his age and we actually had him for half a season without playing, as he couldn't start playing for us, to make sure he settled well. And after he arrived and impressed... I remember endless debates about whether he or Aguero were the best young strikers of the day. IMO he was just as good. Really terrible about the injuries, and then I think he also just lost confidence at some point.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He end up scoring Barbara during his injuries

1 - 20 of 54 Posts