Discussion Starter #1
Sunday at 14:30 in Sittard.

Expected lineup:
Vermeer
Karsdorp, Botteghin, Ie, Haps
Fer, Tapia
Toornstra
Berghuis, Sinisterra, Larsson

I expect Jaap to stick with the Thursday winning squad. Fortuna is second to last place and we typically screw up and throw away points in situations like this. Hopefully, a leader in the squad will motivate the starters to get some early goals and put this to bed. Otherwise, a draw or loss would not be out of order given the recent history.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Yeah, lets hope we won't see another 2/10 performance after an encouraging midweek result. I also expect no changes. Maybe Kokcu (if he has recovered from his flu) for one of the midfielders.

Fortuna has an interesting squad. Full of guys / freebies from all over Europe looking to make a name for themselves to make that step up. Hardly any guys from Holland as they're considered to be too expensive for what you get.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lineup is as expected.

We can shut out Porto, but not bottom side Fortuna, 1-0 at 2'. Lazy defending loses shutout right away.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boy this is frustrating. What a stupid, casual mistake from Haps.
And the first Fortuna goal was because Tapia let his man go and get an open shot.

I see no way back in this match. With a 2-goal lead Fortuna will park the bus in the second half and time waste. They have done well in the first half taking away our passing lanes.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
It's kind of strange how Stam just doesn't seem to be able to organize the defense. Though to be fair the whole team seems to be relying on individual quality and spontaneous teamwork rather than an actual game plan of which there is no sign, never has been with Stam.

Also, the final ball in our attacks has invariably been poor.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
4-1. Seriously we need to drop Botteghin. Ié has been covering for his mistakes for some time now, he's just in an absolute piss poor form. I'll be surprised if there aren't talks of firing Stam after this.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
How embarrassing but predictable as well

Jorgensen now on for Tapia

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Well, Toornstra did improve in the second half when he was moved into the bottom of the midfield. Actually looked like he could be a decent regista. Fer was absolute rubbish all game basically, I don't know how anyone's passing can be that inaccurate, and he also missed an absolute sitter. But I guess most of all, drop Botteghin (captain wtf!!!) from the starting line up, stop playing Kökcu even as a back-up (he's not ready, and I'm not sure if he can develop his other abilities enough to compensate for his lack of pace), and fire that excuse of a coach Stam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts