Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday 20:00

The one and only derby in the whole calender :hopeful:

Sparta themselves haven't started so well either and with the momentum we have, we have a chance. That's off course if we continue where we left off against Heerenveen.

Team I think will be :

Timmer

Tiendalli :hopeful: (Greene) Bahia Hofland de Cler

El Ahmadi (Fer) Van Bronckhorst
Wijnaldum Bruins Biseswar

Makaay​

prediction: 1-2:hopeful:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Ultimately of course it's Timmer giving the goals away. Frequently.

I was a little edgy when we replaced him with Waterman (duh) but now we have Romero so all will be well. What you need is a keeper who makes you go "Oh thank God" when the teams enter the pitch before kick-off. Timmer never had that, never will.
Got any youth talents in the keeper department?

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wally, you guess 1-2 eh? So, who's giving up the goal this time: Greene or de Cler?

Teak
De Cler, as I'm hoping Greene will be dropped.

I didn't see it in the stadium but having seen the highlights on the website...what the hell was Greene doing during the 2nd Heerenveen goal :confused: you cannot be serious :wallbang:

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ultimately of course it's Timmer giving the goals away. Frequently.

I was a little edgy when we replaced him with Waterman (duh) but now we have Romero so all will be well. What you need is a keeper who makes you go "Oh thank God" when the teams enter the pitch before kick-off. Timmer never had that, never will.
Got any youth talents in the keeper department?
Edwin Mulder - 19 year old - he's now on loan at Excelsior

Darley 18/19 year old Brazilian - currently 3rd choice goalie

Kostas Lamprou - 17 year old Greek goalie who's baan at the club since he was 13 or so. Greek u19 international.

Only ever seen Mulder play once (last season against Heracles I believe when the lijnkeeper got injured and Ekramy was injured too) so I can't really say if these guys will be good enough to replace Timmer.
While I'm no big fan of Timmer either, he's done well this season IMO (although I'm not sure if he could have done better when Heerenveen scored their first goal) and is at the level Zoetebier was at his peak. Not great but no joker. We better replace him this summer or the next though or he will become like the Zoetebier we saw at NAC.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I didn't see it in the stadium but having seen the highlights on the website...what the hell was Greene doing during the 2nd Heerenveen goal :confused: you cannot be serious :wallbang:
I would describe what Greene was doing as "jogging" along behind Pranjic. In fact, he helped out by picking the ball out of the net!!

Here's to hoping that Tiendalli gets a start. I think that some of de Cler's mistakes were in being out-of-position in attempts to cover for Greene and Bahia. I really like de Cler's fighting spirit so don't think that he should be dropped just yet.

How soon before Landzaat recovers from injury? Tomasson?

Teak

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're out for a couple of weeks at least.

That's what happens when you get old and more injury prone players :(

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Up at 3am....trying to connect to TVU....no luck. I can get the Eintracht Frankfurt - Bayern Munich match, but not Sparta - Feyenoord. TVU, you let me down!!

I will need a report Mr. Wally, Slag, Andor, whoever, when this is over.

Teak, back to sleep

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Up at 3am....trying to connect to TVU....no luck. I can get the Eintracht Frankfurt - Bayern Munich match, but not Sparta - Feyenoord. TVU, you let me down!!

I will need a report Mr. Wally, Slag, Andor, whoever, when this is over.

Teak, back to sleep
In all honestly, a draw would be more deserved for this game even though the Dutch media says it was an undeserved win. Wijnaldum was the best player on Feyenoord side, he proved time and time again how slow the Sparta defenders were, Vermes almost got a red card because of him. Fer was also dangerous, with some good runs but was stopped most of the time by Adeleye and Knol. Biseswar ruined some good scoring oppertunities by shooting self. Greene did some awesome defending on the 1:1 :howler: Guess he was searching for money. El Ahmadi is the Rotterdamse Suarez :yuck: Diving all over the place. Makaay had a big chance but his header went just past the post, for the rest of the match he was tightly marked by Adeleye :strong: Same went for Mols when he came on. The rest didn't really stood out.

Lower than Fortuna Sittard, that IS low :D
At least then they can win more than 1 game :D

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Jupiler League is Dutch 2nd Division, correct?

On another forum, one poster said basically 'don't worry, Verbeek will have us fighting for the title next year'. What I didn't realise was that the poster meant the 2nd Division (Jupiler) title, not the Eredivisie.

Janota only on in the 85th minute eh? Biseswar is running out of time to prove himself, IMHO.

Teak, awake and under the table and dreaming.....

·
42,192 Posts
De afgelopen dagen verschenen vooral positieve berichten over de Feyenoord-fans, omdat ze ondanks de sportieve malaise achter hun ploeg bleven staan. De 2-1 nederlaag tegen stadgenoot Sparta heeft echter de eerste oproer veroorzaakt. Feyenoord staat nu zestiende.

Na de 2-1 van Sparta in de 87ste minuut richtte de woede van de fans zich tot het bestuur, terwijl de spelers werd medegedeeld dat ze 'moeten werken voor hun geld'. Na afloop van de wedstrijd probeerde een groep van zo'n twintig supporters, een klein gedeelte van de totale aanwezige Feyenoord-aanhang op het Kasteel, het hoofdgebouw van het Sparta Stadion binnen te dringen.

Aan de binnenkant van het stadion probeerde groep via de mixed zone, de plek waar journalisten en spelers en trainers elkaar kunnen spreken, binnenin het stadion te komen. Ook hier werden leuzen tegen het bestuur uitgesproken. Een cameraman kreeg een tik op zijn hoofd, maar verder bleven incidenten achterwege. De groep kon uiteindelijk door stewards worden tegengehouden en worden verwijderd. Hoe de fans bij de mixed zone terecht konden komen, is niet bekend.

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
luckily I missed it all :hopeful:

Tim de Cler :mad:

Read Greene stuck his middle finger up at the travelling Feyenoord fans though :D after giving the assist for the 0-1. Hope to see it later in the highlights

·
42,192 Posts
There was a little bashing contest going on a half hour before kickoff. Both sides were signing against each other. Too bad the Sparta officials had to ruin it by turning the volume up of the music :yuck:

The Feyenoord fans need to come up with some new material, cause they were only signing Hand in Hand and SP-ER-MA :yawn:

We on the other hand had enough material :D Like, we hebben meer geld dan jullie ! and jullie worden toch geen kampioen ! and offcourse homo's lopen hand in hand :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
luckily I missed it all :hopeful:

Tim de Cler :mad:

Read Greene stuck his middle finger up at the travelling Feyenoord fans though :D after giving the assist for the 0-1. Hope to see it later in the highlights
So De Cler has some more explaining to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts