Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is....

Personally my 2nd least favourite fixture of the season (after the Turin game).

No idea how this one's gonna go......

Looks like Ramsey is gonna start for Juve in a 4-3-1-2.

I hope De Ligt has a bad game.

Brozo-Barella-Sensi vs. Pjanic-Khedira-Matuidi will be the decisive battle.

I would honestly be tempted to rest Asamoah. I can see him having a tough time against Cuadrado.

As always, the GDS probables:

HANDANOVIC 1
GODIN 2
DE VRIJ 6
SKRINIAR 37
D'AMBROSIO 33
BARELLA 23
BROZOVIC 77
SENSI 12
ASAMOAH 18
LAUTARO 10
LUKAKU 9

BUFFON 77
CUADRADO 16
BONUCCI 19
DE LIGT 4
ALEX SANDRO 12
KHEDIRA 6
PJANIC 5
MATUIDI 14
RAMSEY 8
RONALDO 7
HIGUAIN 21

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
It's been a relatively long time since we won this fixture (last win in 2016 under De Boer, Icardi and Perisic scoring headers in a comeback win)

Still early in the season but obviously I prefer +5 or +2 over -1. And whoever wins will get a psychological boost that would probably lead to more wins.

I would be delighted with a win but a draw would be ok/acceptable.

Inter's midfield has won Inter points directly this season so hopefully more of the same. I was a bit encouraged to see Leverkusen dominate juve's midfield in Turin for a half (only watched the first half though)

Cuadrado is a good, skillful player who tends to perform against us but a good memory I have of him struggling is the Barzagli og the season before last, but we no longer have Perisic on the wing..

I read that the gate receipts will reach a record 6.5 mill. Interisti are the best :heart: , attending in numbers even in past seasons when the club didn't win. Looking forward to the coreo of CN on Sunday evening, they tend to make class ones.

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
My favourite moments from this fixture:

Seedorf scoring a late rocket in 01-02

The goal of Toldo, another late equalizer. 02-03.

Stankovic's motm performance in a 3-2 win in 03-04. He did everything. Score, assist and win a penalty

And of course, Maicon's goal in the Treble season.

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently Lukaku is not certain to play.

He'll have a late fitness test.

Politano has been hopeless as a starting forward this season and I doubt he'd get any change out of De Ligt / Bonucci. Let's hope and pray Lukaku is fit.....

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
No Lukaku would be crippling because you like to play long balls he takes down or flicks on. Midget attack will require you allways play short most likely.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Good win for the Primavera boys earlier today

Mulattieri looks promising

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Lukaku would be crippling because you like to play long balls he takes down or flicks on. Midget attack will require you allways play short most likely.
This is really just down to Politano not being an actual forward/SS. But you're right. Politano can't hold the ball up. Neither can Lautaro.

Sanchez can though. The midget attack of Sanchez and Lautaro pulled Barca and Samp apart in the last week.

In fact I'd say that partnership has looked marginally better than Lukaku-Lautaro.

Sanchez clearly still has the ability to play top level. That red last week could be really costly :facepalm:

But Yeah, Politano-Lautaro is just nonsense...

I also can't see Lukaku getting any change out of Bonucci/ De Ligt in the air this evening. The midfield will play plenty of balls in to him but hopefully more to feet than in the air

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
How is Lautaro a midget btw? Politano yeah, Lautaro is actually decent in the air, scored some decent headers for us and is hardly a midget.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
I checked and Lautaro is only 3 cms taller :D odd, I felt Politano was much shorter tbh. Anyhow, Lautaro is decent in the air.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,644 Posts
Lautaro is extremely light weight though, he tosses himself to the ground as soon as there is the slightest hint of physical contact.

And Lukaku isn't a target striker despite his size. He's shit at controlling the ball, shielding the ball and flick ons.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Insigne-Mertens-Callejon

Mane-Firmino-Salah

Short front lines but shitloads of goals

Height isn't everything

Zlatan is a big guy but rarely scored headers for us. 1 or 2 may be.

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
You have to know your coach tho, he plays a direct style, and that entails playing some direct long balls to striker that has to have some game playing goal to his back.

I remember he was so stubborn in his ways that he even played Giovinco as CF and still played him off last shoulder with long ball or two.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
L&L upfront.

DD preferred to Candreva as Rwb, probably because DD is originally a defender (and coming up against Alex Sandro) moreover Candreva could be tired from the Barca match

Hope to see Politano in the second half if we couldn't create much

Forza Inter. Vinci per noi.

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here we go bros.....

I missed the last home game against Juve.

The nerves are always horrible for this game

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rocchi :facepalm:

·
Greta joke sharer
22,644 Posts
Hopefully we'll avoid using Dumbro in the buildup phase as much as possible. The dude is too afraid of the ball.

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
Nice of them to hold a minute of silence for Antonio Conte's hair.

·
Registered
14,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Abysmal giveaway from D'Ambro

Worst possible start :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 170 Posts