The likely line-up:

Timmer

Greene Bahia Hofland de Cler

El Ahmadi Van Bronckhorst
Fer Wijnaldum Biseswar

Mols (Makaay)​

De Guzman out for some time.

Prediction: 1-2
if even Gattuso managed to slice through the Heerenveen defence with an assisting pass, then surely we could too

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Well, in normal times a 2-2 draw at home to Heerenveen would be considered 2 points lost. This year, 2 goals -one from each "striker"- might could should will be the start of a recovery?? Give them credit for a fight back from 0-2.

Janota looked good on the left, getting down to the touchline and putting some dangerous crosses in. Biseswar has the speed to do the same but he tends to dribble too much and get lost in the maze of legs that end up surrounding him. He had one great opening at goal late in the second half but ended up trying to pass across the penalty box where multiple defenders awaited. Ah, the youth.....

Teak

·
Registered
59,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least we saw some fight from the boys.

A relief to get the 2-2 but honestly other than van Bronckhorst and Hofland, we were poor.
Especially going forward we didn't look good. Very little movement off the ball from players like Bruins.

Tiendalli (yes he's still there! totally forgotten about him when he came on lol) coming in for Greene was a good move too. Greene on the ball looks so insecure. I don't know how long Theo is still out but I'd definitely give Tiendalli a shot. At least he had some drive going forward.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Deserved comeback, Heerenveen were completely invisible in the second half. I was hoping you could get a third but no such luck. To be honest; you remind me of AZ last season. Not nearly an awful squad, underperforming for mysterious reasons.

What's your next game?

·
Registered
59,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sparta away on Wednesday. I'm actually pretty confident about that one then the new Roda :scared: away next weekend.

WE miss Hofs though...the traditional Sparta slayer :strong:

Did the ball which hit the crossbar go past the line btw? didn't seem so from where I sat but just wondering as I didn't watch Studio Sport.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Wally, on the internet TV feed you couldn't see where the ball hit as the goalkeeper was in the way.

Going forward the youngsters (Fer, Biseswar, Bruins) tend to dribble into trouble. I think that the older players stand and watch because they don't know the intentions of the dribbler, who don't know either. Bruins for me is not a playmaker; he appears too fragile on the ball, falling down, jogging slowly around, standing and watching when someone else is dribbling.

Let's start Janota, Tiendalli, and Mols the next match. Then the youngsters can be a little hungry for action in coming off the bench.

Teak

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Stefan Coerts, goal.com, reporting on Heerenveen's goals:

"Brazilian winger Paulo Henrique gifted his side the lead ten minutes before the break. Tim de Cler forgot to mark the talented youngster after a corner kick and Henrique had no trouble finding the net from inside the area with his powerful header.

The away side kept on dominating the match after the interval and Croatian midfielder Danijel Pranjic doubled the lead for the away side minutes after the break. Right back Serginho Greene wasn’t paying attention and Pranjic coolly took advantage of his sloppy defending."

Forgot to mark....wasn't paying attention.....de Cler and Greene: haven't most goals against come as a result of their mistakes and/or lax play??

I would love to see van Bronckhorst playing left back like he does for the national team and like he did for Barcelona and Arsenal. How does this look?

Timmer
Tiendalli Bahia Hofland van Bronckhorst
Fer El Ahmadi
Wijnaldum de Guzman/Mols/Tomasson Biseswar/Janota
Makaay​

Makaay really needs good crosses sent in, something of which both van B and Janota seem capable. From central midfield, van B doesn't get as many crosses in.

Teak

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Have you sunk so low that you're happy with a point nowadays? Offside goal btw, so the likes of Vitesse and Volendam must be fuming with this perhaps crucial point in the relegationbattle.

·
Registered
59,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you sunk so low that you're happy with a point nowadays?
wouldn't you after looking dead and buried at 0-2?

If the game had lasted 120 minutes, we'd have won. Just a shame it had to first be 0-2 before we showed any real fight or determination in going forward.

Our kids btw need a lesson in how to move without the ball. Our positiespel is really poor, but then again you shouldn't be surprised seeing what the guys train on :groan: bring back Bert lol

·
Registered
59,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Timmer
Tiendalli Bahia Hofland van Bronckhorst
Fer El Ahmadi
Wijnaldum de Guzman/Mols/Tomasson Biseswar/Janota
Makaay​

Teak

:thumbsup:
Landzaat also banished by you? :nono: :pp

One thing he does have is that he tactically is ok. It's just that he seems so feeble and uninventive that I'd rather even have headless chickens over him.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Sparta away on Wednesday. I'm actually pretty confident about that one then the new Roda :scared: away next weekend.

WE miss Hofs though...the traditional Sparta slayer :strong:
Hofs is a tw4t, proved it again this weekend by putting his shoe on a Twente player's spine.

Don't worry about Roda, AZ will conquer Limburg tomorrow :D

Did the ball which hit the crossbar go past the line btw? didn't seem so from where I sat but just wondering as I didn't watch Studio Sport.
Didn't go in from what I saw.

·
Registered
59,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hofs is a tw4t, proved it again this weekend by putting his shoe on a Twente player's spine.
We miss someone like that....the traditional hack / boo boy...our teams always had :( :hopeful:

One thing I must...after the 0-2...unlike those folks / "fans" up the road (A13 / A4) you didn't see any white handkerchieves, booing and going home early. In fact the crowd at de Kuip stood behind the eleven and cheered them on louder than ever :thumbsup: it's not often I compliment the Feyenoord crowd as you know I cán't stand vulgar people, but this must be said :proud:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Where does the A13 go? Not everybody lives in the Randstad you know ;)

They needed a minute to gather their thoughts though, didn't they? I remember hearing only the Heerenveen crowd for a few minutes. It was a like a collective "Should we? Shouldn't we?" :D

·
Registered
59,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Den Haag - also obviously meant the ADO fans...gloryhunters :pp

The minute of silence was from the shock:hopeful: never did they contemplate to sing "Verbeek / Bosz rot op" :stuckup:

That said I probably had the biggest idiots sitting behind me. "Fans" of Roelof Luinge. From the first minute already..:rollani:

Verbe
Offside goal btw.
Makaay also had a legitimate goal ruled out. ;)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
We miss someone like that....the traditional hack / boo boy...our teams always had :( :hopeful:

One thing I must...after the 0-2...unlike those folks / "fans" up the road (A13 / A4) you didn't see any white handkerchieves, booing and going home early. In fact the crowd at de Kuip stood behind the eleven and cheered them on louder than ever :thumbsup: it's not often I compliment the Feyenoord crowd as you know I cán't stand vulgar people, but this must be said :proud:
New realism. Stay away from the drop is all that counts.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Which goal was considered off-sides?? Makaay's was on a free kick and Mol's was through a bunch of defenders on the goal line.

Teak

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.