Discussion Starter #1
Sunday at 12:15, the Rotterdam derby!

Expected lineup:
Bijlow
Nieuwkoop, Spajic, Senesi, Haps
Fer, Toornstra
Kokcu
Berghuis, Jorgensen, Linssen

Not too sure about starting lineup. Looks like Van Beek is back in training but likely needs second squad matches to get match fit again. Don't know about Geertruida's condition either. Spajic and Senesi looked good together in their first match pairing so think Dick with stay with that. I liked Linssen as the #9, but methinks that Dick is going to give Jorgensen another shot to prove himself. That leaves Diemers out which is too bad. Also, not sure about Kokcu. Based upon the last match, Teixeira >> Kokcu in my reckoning, but then I am not Advocaat.

Will be traveling Sunday morning so I suspect that I will have to watch the match on replay. So no match commentary unless I get up really early (05:15 is match time where I am staying) and push my departure time off a bit later.

·
Registered
59,142 Posts
I'll be at home. There are doubts however whether the game will take place as there were 3 Corona cases at Sparta at the start of the week.

Teixeira will surely get a start against Sparta. Pundits were raving about him. Up to Teixeira to show that he can play like that in more than one game.

If Jorgensen isn't fully fit, then I don't think Dick would mind starting with Linssen. He missed quite a few chances against Willem II, but at least got in those positions and showed determination throughout the game.

Haven't heard anything about Geertruida or Marsman. We probably will on Friday.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
If Jorgensen isn't fully fit, then I don't think Dick would mind starting with Linssen. He missed quite a few chances against Willem II, but at least got in those positions and showed determination throughout the game.
Agreed; Linssen showed much more determination and intelligence than either of our actual strikers have so far.

Also, agree about Teixeira.

·
Registered
59,142 Posts
Game seems to be going ahead. No further reports of positive tests at either Sparta or Feyenoord.

·
Registered
59,142 Posts
Unchanged starting line-up.

More guys on our bench too. Jorgensen, Marsman, Johnston and Geertruida return from injury or Corona.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Wally said, Teixeira started instead of Kokcu, and Berghuis, Linssen, and Diemers across the front three.

44' Teixeira passes out to Haps on the left side who slides a shot over the goalkeeper's foot and into the net, 1-0. We had the bulk of possession, but most shots were high over the bar.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In a corner of the stadium, on the railing, is a professionally done sign showing the naked upper body of a man waving and the caption is "So long, Cunts". What is that all about? No way such a sign would be allowed in a USA stadium, the C word is considered as offensive as the F word.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
VAR gave Hacker Rotterdam a PK early in the second half, player got tripped on the box border but VAR called it in the box. Thy scores to make it 1-1. Feyenoord were poor in the second half, and the Hacker club did what they do best, hack and time waste. The air at the top of the table was too rarefied, we needed to drop points.

Fer pulled a hamstring so Advocaat sent Geertruida in to play the defensive mid position. Very versatile player, this Geertruida. Johnston came in for Diemers and pushed Haps up to the left wing position. Jorgensen came on for Linssen and looked as out-of-sorts as usual. He and Berghuis seemed to argue at one point, I suspect the others are getting tired of Nicolai and his lackluster play.

·
Registered
59,142 Posts
In a corner of the stadium, on the railing, is a professionally done sign showing the naked upper body of a man waving and the caption is "So long, Cunts". What is that all about? No way such a sign would be allowed in a USA stadium, the C word is considered as offensive as the F word.
It's for some fan who passed away.

I don't think Feyenoord realize how offensive it is either. They'd probably be less reluctant to see "teringlijers" be used on a banner.

·
Registered
59,142 Posts
We were really stale in the second half. Haps' goal was nice, but other than that, we hardly created any chances. We could have had the best finisher up front, but he still wouldn't have got any service.
Pretty much played to Sparta's strengths with their 5 man defence by not upping the tempo and using the flanks enough.

·
Registered
59,142 Posts
Oh great, Fer is out for 4 to 6 weeks. Geertruida played as a holding midfielder when he came off, but is he really up for it? is Jens if played there?
Wehrman might get a chance sooner than expected :D

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Dunno why, but I had a bad feeling about this one and so I decided to spend time with my partner instead. Not sorry I didn't watch this, even the highlights were dull. Both sides could have scored perhaps one or two more, it looked like.

I'm not sure how we're supposed to cope without Fer. I reckon our midfield composition will have to be redefined as we don't have an interceptor like Fer in our midfield. Geertruida might be our best bet - and if he's chosen and does well then I think it's safe to say we have the type of a utility player in our hands we really don't want to let go of! I can't see Toornstra in that position, but who knows, I also haven't seen him play that position. He does have the work rate, but I'm not sure if he's at all geared for that type of a position. I'd just end up having a deeper-lying midfield altogether. So in case Geertruida won't do, something like Kökcu-Diemers-Toornstra maybe. Or give the youngster a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts