Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:boxing:

We have some matches before Inter,but my mind is already at the match with team of Mancini.

The match of San Siro that we were winning 0-2 at2 minutes from the end is a terrible thing that is already alive in my brains...so I'm here ,waiting for Inter...that day it will be a battle...

·
Registered
46,404 Posts
The hope is that Inter will have the 3rd place granted before that game and are still in the Champions League so that they will think just to the CL and maybe play against us with no interest. Mancini could remember that he has played 15 years for us... :nervous:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Inter is fuked. They don't give a shit now about anything but Coppa. good news for you

·
Registered
46,404 Posts
Do you mean the Coppa Italia? Well, winning it maybe breaks the spell and Moratti finally wins something after the UEFA Cup.

I see from your avatar that you are trying to jinx Milan. :D

·
Registered
46,404 Posts
The day is near.

Inter are 3rd with 8 points more than Sampdoria and Udinese. That means: this game means nothing to them.
Their coach is Mancini, player of Sampdoria from 1982 to 1997, captain of Sampdoria, simbol of Sampdoria. He left Sampdoria not without controversies, on the contrary, he literaly split the supporters in two parts, which are still divided and quarrelling after eight years!
I read the posts in the Italian forums of Sampdoria in these days and the message to Mancini is clear: "If you feel something for Sampdoria after 15 years spent with us then you have to do EVERYTHING in order to lose this game". :tongue:
I noticed that not just the opponents of Mancini, but even his supporters are waiting for this game as a test, a test of sampdorianità.

My opinion is that we should not consider the next game as a test for il Mancio, probably the last of his desires is to stop the run of Sampdoria towards the Champions League spot. Yet, I hope he considers his past... :tongue:

·
Registered
822 Posts
You can't blame a coach for trying to win. If he deliberately tries to help Samp, then he's not doing his job. But you can always kind of hope that he sort of forgets to name a few key players... ;)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Mancini, even if he probably would like to see Samp do well, won't deliberately throw this match. He's not an idiot, and knows that he hasn't fully convinced Moratti or anyone else that he's a descent manager. Obviously he'll be concentrating more on the cup, but I don't think he'll play a bunch of jokers just to please us.

The real hope for us is that the players may not play quite upto their best as this game means nothing to them, while it means a lot to us. Having said that, some players may still have a point to prove to Mancini, though others (e.g. Emre) are on their way out and so may not care.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well honestly Inter have a game on the 18th.

Then Samp on 22nd.

Then last Serie A game on 29th.

Then Coppa on 12th I believe.

So I am thinking this. He won't rest players out of necessity for saving them for the big match, as there is no match for a week. However, if players are tired from the Coppa, then he might give them a rest.

Honestly, unless some of our players have serious problems after Cagliari, I see no reason why Mancio won't play his starters b/c in reality, he is not going to play them the next week, the last week of the season, before a Coppa final, so he will want them to play that Samp game to play a competitive game and keep them in a playing mood.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
To add, I'm rooting for Samp in this game against Inter as we have nothing to play for and I'm a semi-Samp favoritism-shower, as I won't call myself a real fan, out of fear of being labeled a gloryhunter. :tongue:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
To add, I'm rooting for Samp in this game against Inter as we have nothing to play for and I'm a semi-Samp favoritism-shower, as I won't call myself a real fan, out of fear of being labeled a gloryhunter. :tongue:
Your an Inter fan, we could never accuse you of that :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You'd be suprised at what Toni can come up with however :D

·
Registered
60,511 Posts
Matux said:
Your an Inter fan, we could never accuse you of that :D
Actually Toni did label us (foreign supporters of Inter) as gloryhunters. :mute:

I ask, what glory ? :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
46,404 Posts
I don't want to transform this in another thread about glory-hunters yet my opinion is that Inter have had the budget, potential and players to struggle with Juve and Milan. At the beginning of almost every season in the era Moratti (and even before) Inter have been at least an outsider for winning the scudetto and even the Champions League.
Something that the supporters of Sampdoria or Udinese can hardly dream.
The 2nd position in serie A is considered a failure at Inter, that explains the situation well enough...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
So tell me Toni, frankly, suppose you wanted to follow the NFL or NBA or MLB

Does that exclude you from following the Lakers, Yankees, Knicks, Redskins, Cowboys or 49ers?

·
Registered
46,404 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
So tell me Toni, frankly, suppose you wanted to follow the NFL or NBA or MLB

Does that exclude you from following the Lakers, Yankees, Knicks, Redskins, Cowboys or 49ers?
No, no one is excluded from anything... it was just a consideration. If I supported Lakers I would know that I do that because of the "glory" of Lakers, but this would not prevent me from supporting them.

That said, I hardly care for the USA sports. :D

Isn't the sport in the USA more balanced from a financial point of view?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Of course !

Unlike in football where there's a need financially for big clubs to do well in all competitions to drive attendances and interest both fan-based and commercially, in USA sports, there is not really that much of a need.

That being said, there is a good deal of favoritism showed towards clubs in big markets.

You also probably know about the salary cap which does not let teams go out and spend as much as they want, there's a limit and often, people like Glazer have to cut their entire Superbowl-winning team if they are to stay under it.

In the USA you don't buy players for money. You either get the top guns by signing them as free agents, or you trade them for players (and just a bit of cash).

NFL- Most successful sport in terms of salary cap, teams are often forced to disband b/c of it. That is why it is so hard to do what the Patriots and Eagles are doing, which is effectively beating the sallary cap by playing smart, releasing players when they need to, not signing huge contracts and letting those players go, and find adequate replacements in the draft (as you probably know, a way of transferring players from college to pros , the worst teams get to pick first, and they get the best players). These two teams sign these draft picks to long deals for smalll money so that they are not faced with an expiring contract and forced to give out huge deals. They are smart and stay on top. That being said, they always say that the New York and LA (when there was one) and other big markets are favored by the referees, but not as much as in....

the NBA: Where dynasties are the name of the game. The salary cap is still in effect, and teams suffer, but it is easier to put together a great team and have a good run like the Bulls and Spurs and Lakers. There's a whole media conspiracy behind the NBA, b/c you probably know, fouls are so judgemental and it seems like the NBA refs always favored the Chicago's and the NEw York's. I would estimate about 3/4 people really believe that the refs float games in that league.

In the MLB, there is no salary cap. I live in Jersey, so I'm 20 minutes from New York, so you can't call me a gloryhunter for supporting the New York Yankees. Actually, I started supporting them when I was 9 years old and they were in losing years.

Its a huge shame that there is no salary cap in baseball, many people complain. The Yankees go out and act like Real Madrid, they buy everyone. However, there are two things to consider:

1) The Yankees have a huge base of finance, including their own TV station (very few have one) and all the endorsements/publicity from their stars. George Steinbrenner loves spending money and he spends so much, he wants All-Stars at every position. Right now, he is like the Moratti of the USA, he spends and often stupidly, getting playres that were once superstars but now are only on their way down. Big contracts, huge names tied up, such as Giambi for 80 million when he is really a minor league player now (b/c of steroids). Randy Johnson no longer throwing the 90 mph+ pitches.

A lot of people don't think there will be a salary cap for some time, there are bigger issues right now. In the last two years, the luxury tax and revenue sharing have been implemented, kind of like a cap, but more of a condolescence. Owners voted, like 31 to 1, you can guess who the one is. Steinbrenner. The Yankees now pay about 50+ million in taxes and stuff. Its so much that their payroll, once sky high, is now on limits. And you have to pay more percent each year you are above the luxury tax. Revenue sharing helps spread hte revenue from bigger teams to smaller on the base of salary. The Yankees prety much pay it all, and they finance smaller teams' acquisitions and signing of stars to long term contracts, LOL.

In my opinion, and most, there won't be any work done on the finance for a while. The main issue is steroids right now. However, one day there will be a cap, this is getting out of control. Not that it helps, b/c the Yankees have not done well the last few years, and small market teams have won it all. That's a case for our side of the isle, but at the same time, many point to the stupidity of Steinbrenner and Cashman, the General Manager, aka President. (moggi, etc.) They made stupid moves, and Steinbrenner wants all stars. You can compare them to Moratti and Oriali, the idiots in charge of Inter. There's also a huge power struggle, Steinbrenner is Tampa based and has his own crew of people, and them and the NY managment always fight over which players to sign. Usually Steinbernner wins out, and lately, more stupid decisions than smart ones have been made.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The unpleasant possibility of a wage cap is the NHL scenario, which could wind up killing the sport if it drags on another year. Here in Sweden, where ice hockey is a big sport, there are lots of decent NHL players keeping promising Swedish players on the bench, while just a few come over to really make the difference (like Forsberg and he is Swedish). Meanwhile people in the US drift away from hockey (don't expect the Canadians to abandon hockey anytime soon...) and start following other sports. So these conflicts are dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Forza Samp Kick Inter's ass!!! :)

1 - 20 of 128 Posts