Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
62,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another toughie..

Vieira will miss out due to suspension, and according to Gazzetta his replacement will be Pele. I'd prefer Chivu though.

Thankfully Di Michele and Il Chino are suspended, yet the likes of Rosina and Stellone are a handful still.

FORZA INTER !!! :fero:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 34 - 20/4/08 (19.30 UK)

Torino - Inter
Stadio Olimpico

With only one win in their last six games Torino welcome Inter to the Stadio Olimpico where they have the second worst home record in the League.

Walter Novellino is under pressure. Last weekend’s 3-0 defeat at Genoa leaves the Granata only four points from the drop-zone while Inter, who are only four points ahead of Roma at the top of Serie A, appear to have overcome their crisis and are in a ruthless mood.

Injury problems and suspensions have given Novellino serious selection problems over the last two months. The absences of no less than six first-team regulars, including captain Gianluca Comotto and goalkeeper Matteo Sereni, has severely unbalanced a side that went eight games unbeaten in March.

President Urbano Cairo has been particularly unimpressed by Toro’s attitude in the second half of their last two matches. Just to read the ratings of Torino’s players from their performance in Genoa is a revealing exercise. Davide Di Michele was given a 4.5 and described as “a collector of offsides” while Alvaro Recoba fared worse, receiving a 4 and was said to have been “useless for and damaging to Torino.” Both, along with Salvatore Lanna, are suspended for this one.

Worryingly for Toro, the fans have begun to turn on the team. A group of 20 vehicles blocked the Granata’s bus on their way out of Genoa, as Ultras sought a meeting with Novellino while fans also damaged a handful of the player’s cars back in Turin. Torino’s next two games against Inter and Roma will determine their season and the fate of Novellino.

Inter travel to Turin having collected an impressive second consecutive victory against a tired but still dangerous Fiorentina side. The Nerazzurri were a stern test for Viola goalkeeper Sebastien Frey who, having kept them out on a number of occasions in the first half, ultimately capitulated to strikes from two men revitalising Inter’s season. Esteban Cambiasso and Mario Balotelli have been the architects of the Beneamata’s turn-around, as has Patrick Vieira who put in a man-of-match performance on Sunday, dominating the midfield and laying on the opening goal.

The restoration of Cambiasso and Vieira’s partnership, which has been frustrated by injuries and suspensions, is crucial to Roberto Mancini’s side. Of the 18 games they have started together, Inter have won 15 times. Unfortunately, as all too often throughout this campaign, Vieira will be unavailable after receiving a yellow card in the 90th minute against Fiorentina. The Nerazzurri can afford to draw two of their remaining last five games of the season, one of which is the derby against Milan, and still win the Scudetto.

Keep an eye on: Esteban Cambiasso (Inter) – The elegant Argentine scored his sixth League goal and eighth in all competitions at the weekend which is a great return for a player who sits in front of the defence. President Massimo Moratti has already earmarked Cambiasso as Javier Zanetti’s successor as Inter’s captain once the Nerazzurri legend retires.

Last season: Torino 1-3 Inter

Form guide: Torino (L L W L L) Inter (D L D W W)

Torino (probable): Fontana; Motta, Di Loreto, Dellafiore, Pisano; Lazetic, Barone, Grella, Diana; Rosina; Stellone

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Burdisso, Chivu, Maxwell; Maniche, Cambiasso, Zanetti; Stankovic; Cruz, Balotelli

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
62,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last season: Torino 1-3 Inter
A match that should be remembered for breaking Serie A's all time consecutive wins record, which was previously held by Roma (11)

Zlatan's beauty of a goal from a difficult angle also deserves a mention.

·
Registered
62,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Batigol..

Man, I love him like any sane football fan should but his short stint at Inter (second part of 02-03, no?) wasn't exactly memorable.

I recall calling him Batislow once or twice. :D

It's a case of signing a player too late (Moratti made an offer but Bati prefered Roma back then, btw)

Short story - In the crazy 3-3 home draw with Roma he almost snatched the winner for us late into the match but his shot hit the post. Would've been sweet revenge for Gabriel because he didn't leave Roma on good terms (Sensi called him washed-up, and said that Inter were tricked into signing him etc..)

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I remember all of what you said. I remember us getting him when Crespo got a thigh injury and they never played with each other. I remember Batigol was not completely fit as well.

I was just happy and honored that he played for Inter (no matter the circumstances).....matter of fact, I've been very lucky in terms some of my favourite players playing for this club (Paulo Sousa, Baggio, Figo and perhaps Quaresma to follow :)).

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Should get teh points, they are going through some tough times with their manager sacked few days ago.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Mexes says that if we fail to win here the Scudetto is going to Rome....they are 100% Milan will win against us.....:dielaugh:

The dream is winning the Scudetto in the derby and Milan not been able to make the Uefa Cup spot after that loss :drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Mexes says that if we fail to win here the Scudetto is going to Rome....they are 100% Milan will win against us.....:dielaugh:

The dream is winning the Scudetto in the derby and Milan not been able to make the Uefa Cup spot after that loss :drool::drool::drool:
Come on man don't be so cocky, plus a derby is a derby anything can happen. Whether AC makes it to that elusive 4th spot or not is irrelevant, I just want the scudetto damn it:D

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Come on man don't be so cocky, plus a derby is a derby anything can happen. Whether AC makes it to that elusive 4th spot or not is irrelevant, I just want the scudetto damn it:D
He's not the cocky one, Mexes is.
Candyman isn't saying a win against Milan is certain, but it isn't a 100% loss either.

We don't have to look forward and take game by game. First we need the 3 points tomorrow

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I guess we lost already according to Mexes

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
He's not the cocky one, Mexes is.
Candyman isn't saying a win against Milan is certain, but it isn't a 100% loss either.

We don't have to look forward and take game by game. First we need the 3 points tomorrow
:thmbup:

You can never be comfortable for a derby game (maybe the Tim trophy one in the summer....but i still want to win those :D) but the Roma squad are certain we will lose against Milan and drop points elsewhere too and they will win all their games left....:nervous:

Ancelotti had an interview on Milan channel earlier today and he said his team will need to win the remaining 5 games for the CL and also have a duty to stop us from winning the Scudetto :fero:

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I predict the Super Mario show to burst loose this weekend.

Balotelli MOM with either 1 goal 2 assists or 2 goals and 1 assist.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ancelotti had an interview on Milan channel earlier today and he said his team will need to win the remaining 5 games for the CL and also have a duty to stop us from winning the Scudetto :fero:
Real classy guy. While Mancini on the other hand said that "He always roots for a team coached by Carlo Ancelotti.".

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
What does that mean?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You are the very lucky that the Chino and Di Michele is not play. If you win the game you win the scudetto. Only difficult game will be derby after but even if lose (very not possible) and Roma win all...still one point.

But i remmeber "Inter dei record" in 1989 26 wins (34 games) only one lose all season then in last games face Torino (almost serie B) and lose 2-0...maybe story repeat again ;)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
GOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 274 Posts