Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 14:30

The last game of the regular season. Could get complicated but basically if we win, we're in the play-offs. As to how they work (with the Heerenveen stuff) we'll find out later.

Good news is that Hofland is back in full training. Not sure if he'll start but I certainly wouldn't mind so.

Van Bronckhorst is back too so for the first time, Vlemmings will have to make choices.

My team would be:

Van Dijk

Tiendalli Bahia Hofland de Cler

Fer Van Bronckhorst
Wijnaldum Bruins Biseswar

Makaay​

Bench: Timmer, Landzaat, El Ahmadi, Mols, Pattinama, Leerdam, Slory

Wouldn't be surprised to see Landzaat ahead of Hofland who could be spared for the play-offs or Landzaat in midfield ahead of Bruins. Still I'd rather see Bruins in his natural position and given a go. If he continues sucking well then ok, but lets see what he does until Tomasson comes back.

Also at the back Roda NEED to score so surely they'll start with 2 up front so better to have 2 real CBs. The passing from the back will go down but Bahia can make rushes forward too, esp knowing Hofland will be back covering for him.

Prediction: 3-1 will be really surprised if Roda manage to win this one after seeing their last result against Willem II of all sides. Also troublemaker Hadouir back in their side. That should be interesting

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Roda will certainly give it their best and that'll open up a lot of space. So if we can get one in early, I can see us tearing them up. Otherwise it'll be a long afternoon.

I'd probably play Denny instead of Luigi, as his passing is usually the only valuable asset Landzaat has.

Looks like we'll get 7th, but depending on Heerenveen, either Groningen or Nac will be our most likely opponents. When do the play-offs take place BTW, you know by any chance?

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next week Sunday is the cup final so the Wednesday or Thursday after that is when the first round of them will start.

Wonder what the prices will be like. I say free entrance for all season ticket holders :stuckup:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yes, you've decided to give up the title to us and will be taking our place in the play-offs for that last Euroleague spot. :pp

Of course you're not mate. This is for places 5 to 8, or depending on the cup final, 6 to 9 and the bottom set of teams who will be fighting to stay up against totodivisie sides. Yes, perhaps there's even a new AZ among them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Tiendalli and Bruins starting instead of Leerdam and Tomasson. Hofland and El Ahmadi on the bench again, good to have them back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Start of the play-offs might be moved up to thursday, because of the international games that'll take place at the supposed end of the current play-off schedule.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
0-2 Roda and we're down to 10 men, Dwight the genius Tiendalli and Henk Timmer starring in his horror movie so far...:wallbang:

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Yeah, what was Tiendalli thinking? Or maybe he wasn't thinking. He could have hoofed the ball away himself rather than tackle in the box!!

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
HT 0-2

What a sad first half from our side, started out without any lack of urgency, as if we were AZ playing our last match for the heck of it. Got punished early on, Timmer and Tiendalli the culprits, twice. After the red card there was a period when we tried, but it seems rather hopeless today.

In this terrible team it's hard to single out anyone, but Makaay, my God, is he playing in slow-motion? :wallbang:

Luckily though, our competition is failing as well. Utrecht, NAC and Vitesse are all down at half time, which would mean we'd hold on to 7th, but let's not count on it staying that way just yet.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Disgusting :yuck::yuck::yuck:

I thought that finally Roda would be off to the place where they belong. And then Feyenoord screws up. If I would be Volendam or De Graafschap, I would sue Feyenoord. They must have sold this match.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Mate, you should stop hanging out with those Moldovans, cause it seems they've gotten to you..:wallbang:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Biseswar had a shot cleared off the line, Mols denied a freekick just now and Roda almost scored on the counter..crazy match now..

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
1-3 from counter #435 by Roda..

Seriously though, we had them, a tie was looking the more probable result and now we definitely gave it away.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Hofland came on at a corner, got the ball against his hand, Kah got blamed and of course it's penalty. :D

Thanks ref! :thumbsup:

Makaay 2-3!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts