Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
I read an article the other day that Aykut wants to rest Alex for this game. Looks like Fanatik took it one further with Sow as well...

http://www.fanatik.com.tr/Rus-ruleti_3_Detail_34_258435.htm

Still hard to believe, but I think something tells me that Aykut is mentally preparing his best players for the playoffs. All things staying equal after tomorrow, if we end up beating Galatasaray in both of our matches against them, we'll have our fate in our own hands with the Besiktas and Trabzon games. Just a thought though, I kinda get the risk he's taking and im.... intrigued, im not happy or upset about it, im just curious on how he's preparing the players behind the scenes.

·
*the drum drum*
42,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is the cup match in midweek too.

I wonder how Besiktas and Trabzon approach the play-offs, do they play to win or play to ensure someone else doesn't win? :err:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Yeah the cup is another element for sure, didn't think of that. As much as I despise that thing, its admittingly.... *ahem*important*ahem* to get some sort of silverware this season.

Maybe he's going all in for the cup.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Yeah the cup is another element for sure, didn't think of that. As much as I despise that thing, its admittingly.... *ahem*important*ahem* to get some sort of silverware this season.

Maybe he's going all in for the cup.
Lol, this reminds me of all the adidas is all in commercials they had running for a while. :howler:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
There is the cup match in midweek too.

I wonder how Besiktas and Trabzon approach the play-offs, do they play to win or play to ensure someone else doesn't win? :err:
It's obvious how one team will approach the play-oss. Their sore-loser president might even give a bonus to his players for losing against GS.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Woah, pretty gutsy move right there. Hopefully it pays off.

·
*the drum drum*
42,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's dead set stupid, we always struggle against teams who are there to fight tooth and nail for a draw, even with our best XI on the park. Hell, we lost two titles in this very round at this very stadium!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts