Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite a couple of recent losses to the gobbi, we've had the best of this match-up in recent years & IMO they have more reason to fear us than vice versa. With their strike force depleted by Zlatan's ban & Trez's recurring injuries, I'm cautiously confident in a Lazio win.

It remains to be seen if Papa will continue to experiment with the tridente, we looked much more solid when he went back to the 4-4-2 in the second half at Cagliari. It's doubtful PDC will start again, he looked very tired & barring injuries to Bazzani or Rocchi, he'll likely be seen only as a sub for the rest of the season.

Keep fighting lads, avanti Biancocelesti!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
well, they broke the crying dog curse recently...

Its time to start a new 5 year cycle :D

It's only Juve, we can do this :thumbsup:

FORZA LAZIO!!

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Another big game for us. If we can manage to win our relegation worries will be practically over and apart fro mthat every victory against Juventus is sweet. :) Lazio is probably the team which has been doing best against juventus in the past 6-7 years so we have nothing to fear from, especially with Ibrahmovic and other important players ruled out from the game. If we play our game and give our best I believe that we can win this game, let's hope Rocchi is eager to repeat his last year's hat-trick against Juve. ;) But since the Scudetto race is becoming ever more desperate, I expect the ref to try to help our opponent in some way but I hope I am wrong. We have no problems with injuries and suspensions (which in itself is ubelievable, considering how bad the things were for most of the season concerning missing players) and we need to capitalise from Juventus' bad form.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
63,223 Posts
A good omen for you Laziale. :shades:

Last season the gobbi played against Inter and then Lazio, and they lost both games. 3-1 in Turin and 2-0 in Rome. So will history repeat itself once more ?

Anyway, Zlatan was great against us :star: so they'll miss his presence. Del Piero - Zalayeta upfront isn't exactly a scary attack.

good luck ! :thmbup:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,184 Posts
The day after Ratzinger is elected as Benedict XVI, a little Laziale boy goes to the piazza San Pietro in Rome to see the new Pope. He's real excited and shows up early in the morning to pick out the best spot. He stands there waiting for hours and then finally the Pope shows up for his first mass. As he walks by the boy reaches out his hand, but the Pope walks right past him. He's really sad because of that, but then he notices that a little further on there is a Juventino boy standing in the crowd. And to his shock the Pope stops to talk to the Juventino boy!! So the next day our little Laziale friend decides to dress up in a Juve jersey and again he gets up early to make his way to the square. Again after waiting for many hours the Pope shows up, this time the boy is dressed in a Juve jersey and he feels confident the Pope will finally talk to him. The Pope walks down the aisle, but goes right past the boy again. But then all of a sudden he stops and turns around. The Pope looks at the boy and his Juve jersey. He walks towards the boy, who is overjoyed with excitement. The Pope bends over to the boy and says "What are you doing here again, you no-good rubentino?! Didn't I already tell you to piss off yesterday!!"

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Any word if Pandev will be ready?

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Makedonec vo TO said:
Any word if Pandev will be ready?
I think he and Di Canio are likely to feature in this game! But Peruzzi is out so Casazza will start in goal :eek: and Couto is likely to miss out aswell! Juve without Ibrahimovic are much weaker and have great difficulties breaking up defences and we've shown several tiems this season that in big game, we can put up some great defensive performances and I expect another one tommorow with us depending on counters. Let's hope Cesar is at his best because if he is we can be deadly on counters especially now with Rocchi in good form!

It's been some time since I last saw Lazio play live, so I'm very excited for this game! Hopefully the boys won't disappoint!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,184 Posts
This is Bianconero, the Juve fan dog, I've tracked him down and will be watching the game with him. As you can see, he doesn't look very confident, he's close to tears already.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
So far the game has been really boring. We can't find our offensive game without Liverani (why is he not playing?) but if Zauri had passed a bit better on two ocasions when we counter-attacked we would have taken the lead. Apart from that Takinardi should have been sent off for fouling Fillipini from behind when he was already been booked but Fillipini could have been sent off for diving so maybe the ref isn't that biased, just stupid. ;)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I was left wondering why Di Canio made that run? He made life harder for himself and Zauri for darting across to the edge of the six yard box, rather than keeping a more central position.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Well, we played badly and so did Juventus but they got lucky and won. With Liverani not playing and Cesar having a bad day we had zero creativity and played too cowardly. The only players who deserve a bit of praise are Bazzani, Oddo and E.Fillipini. Tachinardi should have been sent off fro his practically third bookbale offence against GG but what can we do, that's football and the ref had none of it.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Trefoloni once again...I can't possibly understand why this guy is allowed to referee Serie A matches. Tacchinardi should probably have been sent off already in the first half, but definitely in the second half. And one minute of added time! I've never seen that happen in a Serie A game...let alone in one that had as many stoppages as this.

Fvck this.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Typical Juve to win with a late 1-0 without playing well, it was probably their 25th 1-0 victory this season. Hard luck for Lazio, you deserved a draw. Why only one minute of stoppage time? Most games have up to 5 in Serie A.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Are you really surprised by Juve not getting a man sent off. After all they are the team with fewest red cards. If some Juve fans come in here and start talking about tactical fouls just ignore them.

1 min of extratime :yuck: :thmbdown:

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Solo rubare, sapete solo rubare...

To quote our cross-city rivals:

27 scudetti: 24 rubati 3 da dopati.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts