Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday 20:30 - Live on RTL5.

We must win to keep everything in own hand. It's tricky, I would like to end as Nr2. but that means we probably play against Ajax in the playoffs. We have their number all season but still you never know.

Lets watch Feyenoord humilate SC Heerenveen, so we can lean back in the sofa on Sunday when 020 plays against AZ and The farmers vs Gruningen.

Pascal B. is back again, so we have to score twice to win this game.

28/11/2004 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 2-2
23/8/2003 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 1-0
7/12/2002 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 3-1
1/12/2001 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 1-0
31/1/2001 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 1-0
5/3/2000 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 3-0
11/9/1998 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 0-1
11/9/1997 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 0-0
15/11/1996 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 1-0
8/12/1995 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 0-1
21/9/1994 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 0-4
2/10/1993 SC Heerenveen Feyenoord 1-3

Doesn't look too good but we should have won last season, unfortunately we screwed up in the final minutes.

Prediction: 1-2

Kuijt
Boussabon

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Rataplan said:
Pascal B. is back again, so we have to score twice to win this game.
can't someone just injure him? :groan: ...ah well at least Excelsior got promoted so we got a place for him next season.

As for the game, I wonder what Koeman'll do. Draft Greene back into midfield and drop Paauwe or keep Paauwe and have Bahia/Greene in the centre of defence, which'd be my favourite option.

I don't really fear Heerenveen this season so like with the Gelredome curse, I fancy ourselves to break the record and to nick it on the night too with a 1-2 victory.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
To be fair, I've seen us play 7 entire games now this season and Pascal was usually ok IMO. Sure, he's far from a complete player, but he makes up for all of it through hard work and he's hardly had any mishaps.

Heerenveen away is a tough match, I honestly expect a draw from this one. Hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
K®Le said:
To be fair, I've seen us play 7 entire games now this season and Pascal was usually ok IMO. Sure, he's far from a complete player, but he makes up for all of it through hard work and he's hardly had any mishaps.
but we need a scapegoat :groan: who should we blame for all our misdemeanours?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You forgot Pascal B. had to cover Berger vs RKC ? Not to mention those other mistakes he has made during the season. Look, I don't want to blame him for everything but somehow he's always in some way involved with the goals against.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Ahh yes, Kluivert, the man who knows only one joke and sticks to it at all costs. :D

Rataplan, I hear what you're saying and Pascal B is far from complete like I said, but he's been doing ok these last months IMO. We certainly don't have a better wingback at the moment and I'd rather see Greene in midfield instead of Paauwe to be honest, so Bahia is not an option for me either at this point.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't invest in a quality left back though.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Unieke" absentie van Dirk Kuijt dreigt

It's what you call unique...

In vijf jaar tijd hoefde Dirk Kuijt zijn club in de Eredivisie nooit in de steek te laten. Maar een voetblessure dreigt een einde te maken aan die onafgebroken reeks van 183 wedstrijden. Feyenoord kan vrijdag waarschijnlijk niet beschikken over Dirk Kuijt. De spits heeft een voetblessure opgelopen, die meespelen uiterst onzeker maakt. Erwin Koeman wil de Katwijker (nog) niet afschrijven voor het duel met SC Heerenveen.

'Dirk heeft een forse bloeduitstorting, het is maar de vraag of hij het redt. Ik heb er uiteraard overleg over met de medische staf. Als hij risico loopt, speelt hij niet', aldus de trainer op de website van Feyenoord.

Voor Kuijt, die vrijdag aan een laatste test wordt onderworpen, zou een afzegging een einde betekenen aan een mooie reeks. Sinds zijn optreden namens FC Utrecht tegen PSV op 18 maart 2001 miste de Katwijker geen enkele competitiewedstrijd van zijn club.

Met zijn 183 wedstrijden heeft Kuijt de langste reeks staan van de huidige spelers in de Eredivisie. Alleen Bas Roorda blijft enigszins in het spoor. De keeper van FC Groningen heeft tot nu toe 65 wedstrijden op rij gespeeld.

vi.nl

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I would rest him if I was Koeman. No need to risk your most influential player with more important clashes coming up. Certainly with the game against PSV coming too can't see Feyenoord still making it to second place. You have to beat two teams none the less in the play-offs.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
If he doesn't make it, I'd give Ali B a run out in the middle of our attack. It's what we got him for afterall.

Poor Aerts not making the trip at all btw. :depress:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Thanks for reminding me Wally, Prince, it's your choice, do you want it now or at the end of the season? :cool:

I'd also rest Kuijt, the play-offs are all that count anyway. Second place means jack when you could still end up playing intertoto.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2 huge chances already ! Kalou hit the post en Kuyt had the 0-1 on his feet. If we lose this game than we can only blame ourselves and that's nothing new this season.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Thankgoodness we didn't lose this. Would have gone mad, had we looking at how we should have led after the first half. All in all, a 6 out of 10 for everyone I thought. No-one really stood out positively or negatively. It was a case of everyone could have done better but just done enough to not get slagged off by me. Ekramy bar that one freekick where Hansson headed the ball over looked like a pretty brave young goalie to me. Looked confident when he was called upon.

As for Heerenveen I don't understand why they got rid of Bakkatti. He wasn't the most technical but he at least would have defensively been better than this new guy they got from Sweden. While with Breuer you could see why we let him go a few years back.....just so slow. Drost too definitely didn't look like a talent despite being in our u20 team last summer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts