Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 20:45

Important game coming up which Twente's rivals will no doubt be watching too.

We're one point behind Utrecht and NEC but NEC at least have a game they could be able to win (at home to Roda). Utrecht will have Heerenveen visiting them.
We after this have 2 consecutive away games against ADO (place we've lost for the last X number of times) and then Utrecht) so this pretty much is a must not lose game.

News for us is that Bahia is back from his one match suspension but that Fer is now out suspended. Tomasson should be back for this one so:

Timmer

Leerdam Greene Bahia de Cler

Landzaat Van Bronckhorst
Wijnaldum Tomasson Biseswar

Makaay​

Slightly worried about Leerdam facing Elia. This is the first real decent left winger he'll be facing. Also our centre back pairing..

Still under the lights, I'm going for a 2-1 home win with Tomasson getting the goals.

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Slory's gonna start :scared: while Krle's favourite Greene returns to the bench

Team to start:

Timmer

Leerdam Landzaat Bahia de Cler

Wijnaldum Van Bronckhorst
Slory Tomasson Biseswar

Makaay​

Bench : Van Dijk, Greene, Vincken, Mols, Tiendalli, Nieveld, Pattinama

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Well considering the fact what I'd have to deal with when Twente wins the league, I don't mind this scenario :)
Why you say that Styg why you want Twente to win it.

Come on Feyenoord score a goal:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Makkay has scored:thumbsup::thumbsup: and Douglas got sent off as well.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Why you say that Styg why you want Twente to win it.

Come on Feyenoord score a goal:thumbsup:
No, I wanted Twente to lose because else I'd have to deal with all those Twente maniacs around me thinking they can still become champions :doh:

So, thank you Feyenoord :)

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No, I wanted Twente to lose because else I'd have to deal with all those Twente maniacs around me thinking they can still become champions :doh:
Bunch of losers, their away fans are. Yes they make noise, probably the loudest to visit us, but to act like a bunch of crybabies, trying to ram into the Feyenoord section using their flag poles after full-time just isn't on.
Apparently they also continued after the game http://www.ad.nl/rotterdam/3159719/Twentefans_gaan_tekeer_bij_de_Kuip.html

As for the game, first half, Twente created two real chances and Perez :yuck: hit the crossbar from a freekick.
2nd saw a far more determined Feyenoord and us creating chances too. (Wijnaldum and Makaay). On the balance of play, I'd say a draw was justified but with us ending the stronger and Twente failing to score in the first, it wasn't surprising that we got the winning goal.

Marks:

Timmer 7 One great save low to his right in the first half

Leerdam 6 a bit shaky against Elia. Played later in midfield where he fared better

Landzaat 6 Not bad

Bahia 6,5 One crucial block against N'Kufo but also a lapse of concentration when he let the same guy run behind him to head the ball in the 2nd half. Generally solid.

De Cler 7 Superior against Arnautovic

Wijnaldum 6,5 Not bad in for him at first weird position (DM against Perez lol)

Van Bronckhorst 6,5 Red carded

Slory 5 Out of his depth. Should be sold

Tomasson 7 Linked up well and showed some nice touches. Worked hard as well

Biswswar 6,5 Not really in the game until the 2nd half when we played more balls on the left hand side. Got the penalty thanks to Douglas's challenge on him

Makaay 6 He rarely loses the ball but he lost all 50/50s. Kept his nerves off course for the penalty

-------------

Tiendalli 7 Made a lot of good sliding challenges and seemed to really want to make a statement. Based on todays performance I'd start him. Now for us to see that every week :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read that Slory got subbed for tactical reasons after less than 40 minutes (or whatever it was). He really is terrible. Can hardly remember him having a good game for us. Willem II, de Graafschap etc please get him

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Nice! 1-0 over Twente, I will take *this* season. Sets us up for the playoffs for the Europa League. This team is starting to show a fighting spirit and none too late.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Bunch of losers, their away fans are. Yes they make noise, probably the loudest to visit us, but to act like a bunch of crybabies, trying to ram into the Feyenoord section using their flag poles after full-time just isn't on.
Apparently they also continued after the game http://www.ad.nl/rotterdam/3159719/Twentefans_gaan_tekeer_bij_de_Kuip.html
Yeah I heard about it from a couple of friends who were there. They claim they were provoked during the game :howler: but I told them they were just sore losers. They didn't appreciate that :D

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I heard about it from a couple of friends who were there. They claim they were provoked during the game :howler: but I told them they were just sore losers. They didn't appreciate that :D
you befriend these people? :nono:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Nice weekend overall people! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

My thoughts on the match. First half was sh!te from our side, Leerdam got skinned, we barely played on their half and basically looked to be playing for a 0-0 draw at home. Dissapointing to say the least.

Second half was much better, Leon put some fire into the squad and it became a match, with Kenneth doing his usual whining of course but the crowd silenced him in a way only they can. :proud:

We put pressure on them earlier on and it resulted in chances, Wijnaldum was much more effective on the wing because his playing field is limited, the man is great with the ball, but only sees players directly surrounding him and doesn't have much depth to his game yet. I see you Wally rated De Cler's performance, I think if Arnautovic'd had more balls, he'd have flew by him, his response level wasn't that good IMO, but it's still good to have him back. I also thought Tiendalli was very solid and I heard an interesting fact, with Tomasson in our squad we've only lost one of out the 11 matches he featured in and I have to say, we do play better with him in the side. :thumbsup:

We had a little luck with the ref, although the penalty was a clear one. But based on the second half we deserved the result and now we're aiming for 7th, NAC better watch out!

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
. I see you Wally rated De Cler's performance, I think if Arnautovic'd had more balls, he'd have flew by him, his response level wasn't that good IMO, but it's still good to have him back.
He showed a couple of nice touches but if truth be told, I expected more from Arnautovic with all the praise that he's been getting. Maybe an idea to play him next to N'Kufo instead of the right wing? although that would mean having to change system too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts