Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely huge game for us. Inter play at Lazio which is difficult for them. Cagliari are in good shape recently so this is more difficult than some may think.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
De Rossi, Vucinic and Perrotta are banned for the game, so it sure would be tough. Add to that the Man Utd game a few days later and it gets really difficult. Maybe it's time to start Esposito now.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad De Rossi and Perrotta are not there really, they need rest for Man U probably anyway. Cagliari are in great form, with Inter choking, I would not be surprised to see us choke again and lose this one. We havent faired too well in the away games against the relegation battlers.

In any case with them 3 banned the team should be:

Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; Brighi, Pizarro; Giuly, Aquilani, Mancini; Totti.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
This has draw written all over it. Especially with our 4-2-3-1 formation which never works against small teams away. Add to that Vucinic absence, Manicini & Totti off form.. basically those are the players who I can see making a difference in such games.

Thank god i'll be on a plane to Europe to attend a conference.. I don't think I can handle the pressure.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Doni; Cicinho, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; Brighi, Pizarro; Giuly, Aquilani, Mancini; Totti.
Guily on the wing sucks.. he does not have the enough strength to be a winger anymore, especially against physcial sides and on crappy pitches. His main strength now is his speed in open spaces and as supportive striker.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
On Popolo GialloRosso everyone is discussing how the laziosi can't decide if they have to win to try to get 4th spot (in their dreams) or if they should lose to hurt us. :D

All games until the end of the season will be huge for us.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I say:

--------------------Doni--------------------

Cicinho-----Panucci------Mexes-------Tonetto

------------Brighi-----------Pizarro-----------

----Giuly-----------Aquilani---------Mancini---

--------------------Totti---------------------

I'd rest Juan and Taddei for Man Utd. I'd like Esposito to get the start over Giuly but that won't happen.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,224 Posts
I would rather see Guily in the Perrotta position. And maybe even try Aquilani on the right, I remeber that Spall' played him there sometimes. With Cicinho on that side this should be enough fire power.
Esposito maybe has a chance in the 2nd half to come on, if the result would go in our way.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Aquilani shouldn't be playing on the wing, IMO. He is a central midfielder and can play as a holding mid or a trequartista. I don't mind Giuly as trequartista, but if we do that, then Taddei or Esposito should start on the right wing.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
That would be my team:

--------------------Doni--------------------

Cicinho-------Juan ------Mexes-------Tonetto

----------Aquilani-----------Pizarro-----------

----Taddei---------Guily--------Mancini------

------------------Totti---------------------

- Juan & Mexes should spend some playing time together before ManU.
- If things going well by 60 Min insert Brighi & Esposito.. Maybe Panucci/Antunes in Tonetto's place.
- If things aren't going well, we're screwed. No body on the bench can make a big offensive difference unless Esposito miraculously picks up his 2 years ago form.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
I got Esposito scoring this weekend...hopefully lol.

We should be able to get three points but will need the right mentality.

·
Registered
63,806 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Cagliari's best players besides Foggia.

:(
True, but De Rossi and Vucinic are our most in form players at the moment and they are out for us. Cagliari is at home and fighting to survive in Serie A...they are the most dangerous kind of opponent to face right now especially as we may have our minds on Manchester United....they did beat us 3-2 last season at Cagliari as well.

·
Registered
63,806 Posts
Yeah I had hopes of them stopping you lot but now I doubt they can pull it off without their DM and top scorer..

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Yeah I had hopes of them stopping you lot but now I doubt they can pull it off without their DM and top scorer..
Jeda is dangerous and I am sure they will play for a result, meaning 9 players behind the ball. We usually struggle against teams that don't allow us to play our game.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I just come across this interesting piece of info; we actually have not won in Caligari since God knows when.

2000: draw 1-1
2004: loss 3-0
2005: draw 0-0
2007: loss 3-2

:dazed:

1 - 20 of 208 Posts