Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rossoblù only sit a point ahead of us in the table, with the elusive 40 points within the grasp of both clubs this round. The matchup with Bologna has become more & more of a rivalry in recent years, not the least of which because of the riomanista Mazzone fanning the flames. With no suspensions or injuries from last week's starting XI, there should be no reason for Papa to change his line-up after the success of the 3-4-1-2 against Livorno.

I predict another 2-1 scoreline, with the visitors taking the 3 points. Goals from Rocchi & Liverani ;)

Avanti Biancocelesti!!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
A victory in this match will firmly set us in the mid table and might even see us overtake roma. Which should then be the target for the rest of the season, to finish ahead of them. ;)

Bologna will be difficult, but the team should have the necessary confidence from the Livorno victory to help them along. My biggest worry is that they'll start too defensively and let Bologna make the match and then only attack when they get the inevitable goal against. Also with the clash against Juve up next Papa might decide to rest some players for that encounter, while we really should take it one match at a time and fight for each victory. But hopefully he'll have enough sense of realism for that.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
This is exactly the type of match we always seem to lose 1-0 this season. And you're right Boyo, it's due to too defensive tactics. Let's hope we field a fighting and aggressive side, but still try to play our own game.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
All I can say is, keep our fingers crossed. FORZA LAZIO!

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Kafka said:
This is exactly the type of match we always seem to lose 1-0 this season. And you're right Boyo, it's due to too defensive tactics. Let's hope we field a fighting and aggressive side, but still try to play our own game.

FORZA LAZIO!

I agree, 1:0 loss seems quite possible, alas.:rollani: But whatever formation we choose, let's hope it will do the trick and beat the negative trend that we have against Bologna.

·
38,110 Posts
Woohoo! :happy: Chalk up another 3 points for Lazio! I was quite worried in the first half, especially since the scenario we talked about before the match came true. But we fought back well and managed to gain the lead and hold on to it. The result could have even been more in our favour, as we were unlucky a few times. But the important thing is that we got the victory. :)

Oh, and UP YOURS Mazzone! :finger:

http://www.kataweb.it/sport/serie/classifica.jsp?serie=a

:D

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
2:1 for us it ended, well done! We are now in seventh place in the standings and although the relegation zone is only 7 pouints away, the number of teams below us will probably mean that aa few more points will secure our Serie A status. Rocchi scored again and Oddo proved he should be the penalty taker in our team.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
6,300 Posts
7th Place! Well done indeed. Just think that a little while back we were number 14 on the chart. Couldn't be better. We've got the victory, let's continue this way :happy:

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Giannichedda :star: was the one who was brought down in the area and we got a penalty, then he made an assist for Rocchi for the second goal. Who would have expected him to be vital for both of our goals? Well done, GG!
I see that we have played without Cesar for most of the game and still managed to win which is impressive.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
romansky said:
I predict another 2-1 scoreline, with the visitors taking the 3 points. Goals from Rocchi & Liverani
Fairly close on the prediction, though at the half I thought the 1-0 scenario you guys talked about earlier was likely. Not even considering how close Siviglia came to the autogol, save for la traversa keeping his desperate header out :relieved:

But we looked a different team in the 2nd half, pity that might be set to lose GG to the gobbi over the summer, he has arguably been our best player this season & even if he does leave, he certainly gave his all to keep Lazio up. Rocchi rewards us with a very cool finish for the winner, & Peruzzi makes a big save near the end to ensure the 3 points.

What a great feeling to achieve 40 points, made even more satisfying with the wolves withering against Reggina at home, a new low point for them in a season of low points.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Giannichedda always gives everything on the pitch. If he decides to leave, it'll be sad, but I guess he deserves a chance at Scudetto. A wonderful fighter who should not end up rotting on Juve's bench...

The first half looked just like we feared it would. But somehow Lazio found a whole new gear for the second half. This is the kind of result we have waited for all season.

Nice prediction romansky. :)

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kafka said:
Nice prediction romansky. :)
Thanks mate, it seemed a lucky bet considering now our last 4 games against Bologna finished 2-1 to one team or the other ;)

A bit worrying that we make up seven places in the table, yet are still only seven points above the drop zone!

·
38,110 Posts
First the derby victory and now surpassing them in the table, despite their 'superiour' line up of expensive star quality players, if we can keep this up this season will be one to remember for a long time. The season were we achieved results because of our fighting spirit and not because of high priced superstars. To play like that and be victorious means much more than a hollow victory brought about by 'hired guns'. Take a look at the Filippini twins, how they battle each and every match, despite not having had any previous connection to Lazio. After all the suffering we've been through, that's the stuff that makes the fans proud and is what has been lacking for so long, for our players to love the club as much as we love it. :)

·
6,300 Posts
Boyo said:
if we can keep this up this season will be one to remember for a long time. The season were we achieved results because of our fighting spirit and not because of high priced superstars. :)
If we can keep this up, I think we deserve an end-of-season poem ... this time, by Boyo! :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
this remind me of the times when the only thing we were looking to achieve in a season is victories at the derby and a higher place than the romisti at the end season table !!
I love that !! old Lazio is back again !!

·
38,110 Posts
Bonita said:
If we can keep this up, I think we deserve an end-of-season poem ... this time, by Boyo! :)
It's a deal! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts