Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday Feyenoord travel to Den Haag for the away match with ADO. Looks like 12:15 in the Netherlands, which is 05:15 in the Grain Belt. Too early for me; likely will watch later in the day, while it's raining outside.

Expected lineup:
Bijlow
Geertruida, Botteghin, Senesi, Malacia
Fer
Diemers, Kokcu
Toornstra, Linssen, Sinisterra

Berghuis out due to last week's red card so I suspect Toornstra will move to the right wing position, which he has effectively played in the past. Gee, with 4 midfielders in the lineup, we may actually not lose the midfield battle this time.

I expect a draw. Offense has been woeful of late.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Offense was not very good in the first half indeed. Teixeira looked decent after coming on, but Toornstra should play on the right in my view. And despite Bozenik's goal, I still just don't rate him at all. Slow, lazy, and his technique is so mediocre.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
What an embarrassment. A loss against a piss poor ADO Den Haag. Some observations.

Robert Bozenik is the worst striker we've had in the squad since Dylan Vente, and out of strikers who actually got to start...don't think there's been anyone as bad since...I don't know, Krisztian Simon maybe? Bozenik should just straight up retire. Oh and he thought he could take on Kramer in that little scuffle near the end...Kramer would mop the floor, the windows, and the walls with him, and dump him in the bin once done. What an idiot.

Toornstra had the worst match I've seen from him. The only thing he did well was take out Van Ewijck at the end (which got him sent off, but totally worth it).

Though Jorgensen improved after his goal, how does a professional footballer have the nerve to be that lethargic when on the pitch and receiving the salary he does? Hope we get rid of him soon, and I hope his career doesn't pick up again.

Our second half performance must have been among the worst this season. A series of substitutions, many of them weird (Bozenik and Toornstra remaining on the pitch, Kökcu out), and any notion of a game plan seemed to have gone down the drain with them. The only improvement was Haps over Malacia (though hats off to Malacia for that one world-class sliding tackle - and us being bad wasn't due to him anyway, but Haps was actually quite good).

And that ref, van Boekel? I mean how bad was he? Van Ewijck should have gotten at least three yellow cards (he got one), and we should have received a penalty at the end when Toornstra went down. Not that we deserved much, but a shit ref who really helped ADO play park-the-bus certainly didn't help.

Advocaat sure won't be retiring on a high. Sort of feel sorry for him for that, but also he's just lost the plot with the current team completely and we wouldn't have to be THIS bad.

Any positives, apart from Haps? Well, Pratto looked better than any of our other attacking players, even if he didn't look particularly fit. Geertruida was quite alright. There were a few others who weren't completely worthless. I don't know if I can be bothered to watch another Feyenoord game this season.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the commentary, Clocker. I woke up to find Feyenoord down 3-2 to the bottom club, which had claimed only 16 points at the start of the match. Feyenoord continues their tradition of giving hope to the bottom clubs.

We will most certainly be entering the Europa League playoffs out-of-form and like a few years ago, fail to make European action for 2021-2022. Maybe best for all concerned. That way Arne Slot can clear the dead wood out and start with a younger, more hungry squad that can focus just on League and Cup play.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yeah, pretty much agree. I feel like there may be some considerable upcoming changes in the squad. I'd imagine we might be without Berghuis, Senesi, and Kökcu after the summer, and possibly without the likes of Botteghin, Jorgensen, the loanees etc. Toornstra should be in a more of a rotational role in my view. Don't think Europe would be useful after such a transitional summer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just watched the game. That sucked! So disappointing to see them perform so horribly against the worst team in the league.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Just watched the game. That sucked! So disappointing to see them perform so horribly against the worst team in the league.
Yup. It sucked bigtime. Apparently the players were supposed to have a day off today, but Advocaat cancelled that and will be having a talk with the squad today. Given it's Advocaat we're talking about, it'll probably be a hairdryer treatment. The players deserve one as well. I still get mad when I think of all the poor performance and absolute wrong decisions made by Bozenik especially.

·
Registered
59,339 Posts
What a sad showing. Play-offs for the new European Conference League it will be.

Bozenik's goal was well taken, but that was about it. Next weekend is going to hurt too at de Kuip against Ajax with no Berghuis and Toornstra among others. We can sometimes surprise against stronger sides by playing on the break, but I can't see it this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts