·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From channel4.com:

Serie A Week 30 - 22/3/08 (14.00 UK)
Udinese - Livorno

Stadio Friuli

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese welcome Livorno to the Stadio Friuli in Week 30 on the back of a four-match unbeaten run. Their Tuscan opponents are in good shape themselves though, after getting their campaign back on track having collected four points from their last two games.

On Wednesday night the Friulani bagged an important away win against Torino which meant they are still competing for a UEFA Cup spot. The Bianconeri lie seventh in the table with 44 points. And Brazilian defender Dias Felipe is hoping they will be able to participate in European football next term. “It would be a pity if we didn’t qualify considering the positive campaign we have had so far.”

Meanwhile, Livorno were held 1-1 by relegation rivals Reggina, but according to Coach Giancarlo Camolese they deserved more. “I believe my team played a great game and normally we should have won. Their goalkeeper, Andrea Campagnolo, was amazing. However, we will have to keep playing at this level and the points will come.” The Amaranto are currently fighting for survival, sitting just one position ahead of the relegation zone.

Last year’s corresponding tie ended 4-0 in favour of the locals, in a game masterminded by Antonio Di Natale. There are no suspension worries for either side, but it is a very different matter on the injury front. Udinese will have to do without Cristian Zapata, Asamoah Gyan and Christian Obodo, while Livorno will travel to the Friuli without Marco Amelia, Giuliano Giannichedda and Nico Pulzetti.

Bianconeri boss Pasquale Marino will line-up with a 3-4-3 formation. Andrea Coda should play centre-back. Chilean youngster Mauricio Isla will be competing for a shirt with Gaetano D’Agostino, while Andrea Dossena will play on the left flank. Fabio Quagliarella could make his return at the centre of the locals’ trident after being rested midweek.

Camolese should reconfirm a 3-5-2 formation with Alfonso De Lucia between the posts. Simone Pavan will be left out since Dario Knezevic has been in good shape recently. Antonio Filippini will start in midfield, but his twin brother Emanuele will sit on the bench. The visitors’ attacking duo will be formed by Francesco Tavano and Diego Tristan.

Keep an eye on: Antonio Di Natale (Udinese) – Magic Totò netted two against Livorno last term and will be chasing his 14th goal of the season.

Last season: Udinese 4-0 Livorno

Form guide: Udinese (L W D D W) Livorno (L W L W D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese (probable): Handanovic; Coda, Felipe, Lukovic; Mesto, Inler, D’Agostino, Dossena; Pepe, Quagliarella, Di Natale

Livorno (probable): De Lucia; Grandoni, Knezevic, Galante; Balleri, Vidigal, De Vezze, A.Filippini, Pasquale; Tavano, Tristan

Ref: To follow...

·
Registered
19 Posts
without a doubt our best performance since the start of the second half of the season. (quagliarella's goal was UNREAL) we actually game out of the gates PLAYING WELL!!!! i thought i was watching a different team in the first 20 minutes. livorno had some chances but nothing great besides de vezze completely scuffing his shot directly in front of handanovi, who continues to impress between the posts. PEPE!!!!!! what the hell is his deal!!!!???? he plays well the entire match and then put him one on one with the goal keeper AND HE COMPLETELY CHOKES!!!!!! he is now officially the BUST of udinese. anyway, great performance, 2 great goals, 3 important points. we hold 6th by a point and we need to keep up these results, especially next sunday.....LA Viola. udinese ale!!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i have not saw the game because my prens saw Toro-Milan.... :mad:
but i'm happy, seems that we've played really good:happy:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Welcome agemang and also welcome back Arianna :D Good win, Udinese fighting for europe still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts