Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 14:30

Battle of the worst 2 goalies in the eredivisie ofwel Jeroen Verhoeve vs Henk Timmer

We've been struck by the bad news that Karim El Ahmadi will be out for 3 weeks, but on the plus side Landzaat has returned to full fitness and looks set to make his 2nd start of the season. Ideal opportunity also to see what he's like cos with all this cutting costs business at the moment, he'd be high up on my list of players to let go in the summer as he actually is our 2nd highest wage earner behind Van Bronckhorst.

Other injuries still are the same: Tomasson will have to sit out this one while I'm unsure whether de Cler will make it.

In any case, the probable starting line-up will be:

Timmer

Leerdam Lucius Bahia Van Bronckhorst

Landzaat Fer
Wijnaldum Bruins Biseswar

Makaay​

Prediction: 1-2 Bahia & Biseswar

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been didn't do his work to full extend on friday so you'll have to win!
Utrecht too doing their best lately :cool:

Feyenoord starting with the expected line-up

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1-0 for Verhoeve :D

ofwel doelpunt Makaay na een blunder van de bolle met een assist van Theo :proud:

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Channel - 74177 is your friend :)
Outstanding quality.

Also watched the last 15mins of the other game on it.

Roda hooligans :doh:

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and now a blunder from the Feyenoord captain :doh:

1-1

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heh

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
leave me alone :finger:

:pp

The pathetic outcome off course :doh: Volendam simply showed more will to win in the 2nd half and justly got what they deserved. Unacceptable.

·
Registered
40,683 Posts
Terrible setback after a great series. I was really getting proud of the boys lately, not only for getting decent results, but mostly for the way they stood their ground and fought until the end of every match. This is exactly what lacked against Volendam. Five decent games where enough to install a laid back mentality into this squad and that's killed us and seriously dented our chances for European football.

I have eredivisie live since december and I've watched every game, so here's my squad analysis. Gio and Makaay are worth even less than Theo Lucius and I mean this seriously. Roy is a shadow compared to the player he once was, he wouldn't have even scored against Volendam if the goalie would have reacted half decently. He's slow, his passing is getting worse with each week that passes, his shot is just terrible. Gio, supposed to be the most experienced player, some even expect him to be a leader, well he's just fill up material. Guys like Fer, Biseswar and Wijnaldum, despite their age are much more eager to receive the ball and 9 out of 10 times do more with it. Even Leerdam is really getting there and it's becoming painfully clear to me that having these so called experienced players is more of a burden than it is a positive thing.

The defence is mostly improvised on a week to week basis. Do have to admit that Hofland has been much better since Gertjan left. Bahia really shined against PSV, but didn't look as good last weekend, although he seems to be in decent form lately.

Midfield has been the key for our recent success. El Ahmadi finally seems to be finding his Twente-form and you could see how difficult it was against Volendam with the invisible Danny '2 games a year' Landzaat in there. Wijnaldum is not consistant, goes from great games to really poor ones, often holds the ball too long and lacks a really decisive pass, but he's still young and can work on all of these things, given the proper support. Fer has really developed and is truly becoming a favourite of mine, the man has it all, a bit slow at first but when he gets on steam, he makes up for it. Combines well with his teammates, jumps high, good header, even has a scoring touch while doing his job defensively, filling the gaps etc. Biseswar is my other favourite, on the ball he's a bit like Rooney to me, strong and decisive. Adds a lot of flair and danger to our wings and is someone we should definitely hold onto.

A lot of the youngsters who got their chance this season grabbed it. I hope we continue to build a team around those homegrown talents as they definitely do have the potential that is needed to win the dutch league, but obviously, defensively and in attack, we'll need reinforcements.

Anyway, there's still hope as Mario seems to keen to help us and Utrecht aren't exactly a winning squad either.

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I blame Landzaat too :pp he's actually didn't do badly against Volendam but looking at his injury record and what's he produced so far since coming from Wigan, he'd be the first player I'd put on the transferlist (for free btw)
He's not a player we will or have missed. Even if one of El Ahmadi / Fer gets injured, we could also play Leerdam in midfield as that actually is his natural position (despite him admittedly doing well at RB or LB)

Starting to agree about Makaay. First I thought it was cos he got no supply which definitely was true for a large remainder of the games under Verbeek where he got terrible service but since the winterstop he's had his chances and his finishing has been terrible. I really don't see the same player we saw at Depor. Off course he's going to get slower but if his finishing goes down, what remains of him?

Van Bronckhorst I'm still a fan of though. Admittedly he's been less of a presence on the field than last season but I'd actually keep him at LB with de Cler's performance being that bad before getting injured. Really don't know what to do with him despite him actually being a good player.

As for the heroes of this season: yes the youngsters but of the oldies, if there's one I love even more than before he left, it's Jon Dahl Tomasson :thumbsup: so noticeable we become so much better in attack when he's there. The clever work he does off the ball too :thumbsup: Landzaat should take note

ps. agree on Theo. Might not be the most exciting player in the world but he does always give 100%.
Hoping to see that Dani Fernandez next season (if we could get him for free) as the staff really seem to have lost confidence (again) in Tiendalli. Shame but I'd have to agree now that it is time for him to find a new club.

·
Registered
40,683 Posts
I don't think De Cler was THAT bad, but rather that he was going through a bad phase. So I'd actually prefer him on that left back position which would allow Gio to move up and be El Ahmadi's back up. :D

Tomasson has been great when he's played, sadly we count those games on one hand. But I love his spirit, it says a lot that when he's in the squad, HE does the peptalk before the match starts, instead of Gio.

However, we were down and out and yet even if ever so slightly, regained ourselves.

·
Registered
40,683 Posts
Evo care..don't recognize your username though, new? I mean I watched the movie and I recommend it to anyone, I support the Basques. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts