Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 14:30

Another game to use to prepare for the play-offs against a side which'll be without some of their best players in Benji de Ceulaer, Hans vd Haar, Jochem Janssen and also Maarten Martens. So much that they've had to call back Eddie Putter from his loan spell at FC Dordrecht as they're so short up front.

For us Paauwe'll be back but if we indeed are going to use the next few games constructively, you'd expect Collen to be kept at RB and the same with Greene in midfield. Reminder for Drulo, don't forget to bring your teddy for Schreuder :thumbsup:

As for the result, we usually disappoint after a good result but this has all the hallmarks of a potential blow-out. 4-1 I say.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
It's the first thing on my 'to do list'. :D

I think we're going to destroy RKC, therefore 7-1 is my prediction.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Yes, we desperately try to avoid Groningen. :hopefull: ;)

No, this result perfectly describes the story of this season. I think only two teams have played some good football for longer periods this season, Feyenoord and AZ. Yet both won't win the title and must do their utmost best to even play CL next season.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Well, currently Groningen is doing it's best too to avoid you. The R teams haven't been that nice too you this season. You only managed to get 6 out of the 15 potential points.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Laughable result but not surprising considering how we've always seemed to mess up after a good result the week before.

Wasn't able to watch or listen to the game so where were the main culprits? if Kuijt, then he really doesn't seem to be sharp. Also looking at that game against Ecuador. Would rest him after the AZ game.

EDIT: just read Pascal B was responsible for the RKC goal. Again no surprise really :sigh:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Incredible match. The first half we were absolutely brilliant! Constant pressure on RKC's goal and created a lot of chances. Sadly an own goal was the best that we could do. Second half started out the same, but after we again missed some chances, we started to let the tempo drop. We stepped it up in the end, only to see RKC equalize and once again confirm the unwritten rule in football. :wallbang:

Great tribute to Schreuder and family BTW, the 'you'll never walk alone' was beautiful.

Onto the players, once again Greene played very well IMO, this guy is much more useful attacking than Paauwe ever was. Collen also had a good match, just like the entire defence. I thought Kuijt had an off-day, like Hofs. De Guzman however was present again and it seems his form crisis is pretty much over.

Title-race is over, but I think we'll be fighting for the title the next couple of years, cause this Feyenoord has potential. :stuckup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts