1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match date: April 18th, Saturday, 20:00 Turkish time
Venue: Ankara

So lets recap:
- Title hopes are gone, eight points below league leaders.
- At least we have Europa League for next season.
- Semih and Lugano suspended, Alex is still injured as of now.
- Four wins in 10 games for us.
- Bursa are four points below us but they cannot stop winning, they play Besiktas this week.
- Volkan may be suspended as he was involved in the fracas last game. I don't know what he has done though, Emre B should be included too.

Expected line up:

Guiza
Uğur --- Deniz --- Deivid --- Emre --- Kazim
Roberto --- Önder --- Edu --- Gökhan
Volkan​

·
*the drum drum*
42,880 Posts
If ever there is a time to give Gürhan, Yasin, Abdulkadir, Emreciksin and co. some playing time, that time is now.

Put everything into keeping the best 11 fresh and ready for the remaining Cup matches, and get other players getting some minutes on the park with no pressure and no expectation on their shoulders.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I agree, although Aragones still thinks we have a chance. Comment from yesterday;

"All we need to do is to win all our remaining matches and wait for others to lose points."

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I completely forgot about Gokhan, we need him now more than ever this season, including Alex. But sorting out the injuries should be a priority, I hope our officials understand this.

About playing young players... What's the point? No one is going to shine as of now, the youths should be given a chance to show themselves next season, when Aragones has been dumped.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I completely forgot about Gokhan, we need him now more than ever this season, including Alex. But sorting out the injuries should be a priority, I hope our officials understand this.

About playing young players... What's the point? No one is going to shine as of now, the youths should be given a chance to show themselves next season, when Aragones has been dumped.
the point would be that these young players would finally get some playing time at the senior level. Give them some playing time, see who fits with the team and has skills to develop. We should be looking for the ones that have the talent to fit into the starting 11 or who will be one of the first ones off the bench.

The ones that can't prove themselves can be transferred out to other teams.

Its not worth risking injury to our main guys in a season where the title hopes have been lost.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
I agree, although Aragones still thinks we have a chance. Comment from yesterday;

"All we need to do is to win all our remaining matches and wait for others to lose points."
That's a statement he had to make as the coach of a team of Fenerbahce's stature; whether he believes that or not is anybody's guess

·
*the drum drum*
42,880 Posts
Doesn't matter whether Aragones believes it or not, he'll be gone at the end of the year so there's no reason for him to feel compelled to play with reserves. All he'll want is to win the cup and finish in a semi-respectable place on the table.

This is the run of matches left, assuming of course neither Beşiktaş or Fenerbahçe fails to reach the cup final.

18 April - Ankaraspor (a)
---- 21 April - Sivasspor (a)
25 April - Ankaragücü (h)
1-2-3 May - Beşiktaş (a)
----(?) 6 May - Beşiktaş (n)
8-9-10 May - Denizlispor (h)
15-16-17 May - Antalyaspor (a)
22-23-24 May - Konyaspor (h)
29-20-21 May - Trabzonspor (a)

I don't know if that's the exact date for the final but I assume that it's the week it'll be played in.

Rest players this week, and if it is a back-to-back derby with Beşiktaş across the league and cup then it's ideal. They can't afford to rest players whilst you can, so you'll come into the final fresher and if you go Baki Mercimek on them they'll have to play some reserves in the cup :howler:

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Wow, down to bare bones...No Edu, Lugano, Gokhan or Yasin. Plus probably Volkan Babacan in goal :scared:
I suspect that Aragones might be tempted to use Ali Bilgin, but put more "protection" in midfield in front of them, so may be forced into something ultra defensive:

Ali B -- Onder - - Can :scared: -- Carlos
Selcuk - Deniz
Deivid (Emreciksin) - Alex? (Emre) - Vederson (Ugur)
Guiza​

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Maraton's reporting Gokhan could be out of action for 3 weeks! That backline is not looking good :(

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
What a disaster season, who would we even call up to play central defender? If Yasin is hurt...

Carlos---Deniz---Can----Onder

if Yasin is okay...

Carlos---Deniz---Yasin---Onder

I hope Aragones realizes that Deniz used to be a central defender, actually it's his natural position and he's pretty damn good at it.

This season has been a blessing in disguise, I really want Fenerbahce to participate in UEFA cup next year.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Good call. I forgot Deniz used to be a CB at the height of his Genclerbirligi days...

That might help a lot, altough I suspect Aragones has no idea of this option.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Volkan B
Ali Bilgin - Onder - Deniz - R.Carlos
Gokhan E. - Emre - Selcuk - Deivid
-Ilhan (CKR) - Semih -​

Im sorry but ive had enough of Ugur Boral, he is going to give us cancer :frustrat: And Deivid isnt so bad on that wing, he can cut in and shoot at least, also its about time Gokhan E. started a game...Oh yeah thanks for the heads up, i forgot about Onder...Latest news is that Alex isnt going to make this game either :(

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Do you have something against Onder's play of late, or just forgot?

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
The penalties have been announced.
Galatasaray: 1 maç saha kapatma, 1 maç seyircisiz
Adnan Polat: 45 gün hak mahrumiyeti
Arda: 3 maç
Emre Aşık: 2 maç
Sabri: 2 maç
Lugano: 5 maç
Volkan 3 maç
Semih: 3 maç

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OHAAAAA

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The penalties have been announced.
Galatasaray: 1 maç saha kapatma, 1 maç seyircisiz
Adnan Polat: 45 gün hak mahrumiyeti
Arda: 3 maç
Emre Aşık: 2 maç
Sabri: 2 maç
Lugano: 5 maç
Volkan 3 maç
Semih: 3 maç
Rezalet :mad: Why on earth has Volkan picked up a 3 match suspension? For rubbing his hamstring? :yuck: Its so stupid, they dont see the provocative behaviour throughout the game but the see small things, cezlari kesenin ben ta........ anlindan opem :smileani:

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I knew it. I ****ing knew it! Absolute bullshit

1 - 20 of 99 Posts