Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 16:30

This could already be the championship deciding week with PSV visiting AZ and us having a tough trip up north. Bad news for PSV is that Andre Ooijer, their only half decent defender imo alongside Alex, will be out for 4 to 6 weeks, but still I fancy them not to come away empty handed from Alkmaar as they've had a couple days more rest than AZ.

As for us, Groningen uit has always been tricky for us. I remember us losing there when Robben still played for them and last season I think, we threw away a 3 goal lead to end up drawing 3-3. Also the fact that they're playing in a new stadium doesn't help with my Gelredome-phobia.

Team news is the same. Would expect the same team to start.

As for a prediction, we may well drop points here, but with Kuijt rested yesterday, I expect him along with Kalou to cause Kruijswijk and co problems at the back like in the de kuip where we brushed them aside 4-1. Salmon is a guy we should look out for and I also like ex Excelsior and ras Feyenoorder Danny Buijs on their right, but provided we play positively and take the game to them, we should do it. Last week Groningen weren't convincing against a much weaker Hoogendorpless RKC either. So I say:

1-2

Kuijt & Kalou refinding his scoring touch

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
24/4/2005 FC Groningen Feyenoord 0-2
2/11/2003 FC Groningen Feyenoord 3-3
3/11/2002 FC Groningen Feyenoord 0-2
10/2/2002 FC Groningen Feyenoord 0-1
17/12/2000 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-0
28/9/1997 FC Groningen Feyenoord 2-0
3/11/1996 FC Groningen Feyenoord 0-1
3/3/1996 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-0
2/10/1994 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-1
12/9/1993 FC Groningen Feyenoord 0-4
31/5/1993 FC Groningen Feyenoord 0-5 :star: :proud:
12/4/1992 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-0
11/11/1990 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-1
18/2/1990 FC Groningen Feyenoord 3-3
19/2/1989 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-1
31/1/1988 FC Groningen Feyenoord 2-0
1/3/1987 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-0
25/5/1986 FC Groningen Feyenoord 4-1
3/4/1985 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-1
19/2/1984 FC Groningen Feyenoord 1-0

Only 6 wins in the past 20 meetings.

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
and it's not looking good. 1-0 behind already :( Fledderus after sloppy defending from Bahia and Vlaar. Far too much space given by them

0-1 Fledderus

Nothing working on Sopcast either. Great day so far, might as well already congratulate the boeren while I'm at it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pinchhitter Hooijdonk already coming in after '34 :eek:

In for Hofs too :dazed: that said, heard him along with de Guzman have been our weakest links.

Guess it'll be another aerial bombardment on our part ala NEC.

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and to make it worse, Lodewijks stretchered off after clashing accidentally with Bahia.
Gabber Aerts in for him and we know what happened when he last played.

No chances created by us yet either. Expect Koeman to be throwing his tea cups right now.

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our first chance after 65 minutes :D

It can only get better.

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
PUT YOUR HANDS UP FOR PI-AIR

1-1 van Hooijdonk

1-1

:cool:

Goal created by PVH in his own half and finished off by him thanks to Castelens cross. Heard de Guzmans been playing better in the 2nd half too. Kuijt's been playing in midfield though

come on, 20 mins for 1 goal :thumbsup:

edit: FT 1-1 :sigh:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well, it's over. That sucks, especially because I seriously dislike the playoffs. I hope we can get rid of the PO after this season.

Bad positioning from Vlaar with Groningen's goal but then again...Pascal B. :sigh: Just too lazy to cover that big gap in the penalty area. This is No korfball Pascal.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Dissapointing, this weekend turned out to be a total flop for us. I expected PSV to drop points, while we were supposed to close in and the opposite happened. We can forget about the title now and concentrate on keeping that second spot, so that we face the #5 first in the playoffs. Then, hopefully it's a rematch with the Joden, since they're an easy target for us this year. They can even bring out a new DVD for this one.

Still, it was too good to be true at this point during Koeman's reign. The guy took over and is definitely cleaning up the onkruid this season and has done a good job in general. I think we couldn't expect more from the guy so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts