Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days before crucial match against Arsenal we play against Lazio. It has been elevator movement between 4th and 5th place, and now we have to try keep up with Fiorentina as we dropped 2 important points against Catania. Fio is having an away game against Juventus and I can't see them getting more than one point, so this is a great opportunity to catch them again.

The big question: is Carlo going to rest any of best players? I think Gilardino will start and maybe Pato too. I would give Ambro some rest since he has been playing a lot lately. Pippo should get some minutes to prepare himself for the big game.

Forza Milan

·
Registered
16,122 Posts
Kalac or Fiori
Cafu-Simic-Bonera-Favalli
Brocchi-Emerson-Serghino
Gourcuff
Paloschi-Gila
Good line-up. Kalac will be fine to play because fatigue isnt a factor.

I think a few of our key players should come into the second half around the hour mark, like Pato, but others like Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta and Kaka should all be fully rested.

Considering the relentless schedule our team has been going through and the likely line-up we'll field, I dont think we can be too optimistic about the result. A hard fought win is possible but I cant say I'm confident. Mentally we'll be too focused on the Arsenal match. Nevertheless, forza Milan.

·
Scudetto
23,598 Posts
Don't dream, Gourcuff won't start this game.

Anyway, I hope Kaka is at least in the squad for this one.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Let's deal with this game as Coppa Italia game :lala:

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
Don't dream, Gourcuff won't start this game.

Anyway, I hope Kaka is at least in the squad for this one.
I think he will, Carlo always before a CL games starts the reservs BUT when we are talking about Gourcuff we would never know what Carlo holds against him (exept poor form and lack of confidance:))

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
On form, they probably should. Then again Juve always finds ways to get points. However, I am not sure what I want really, not sure what is godo for Milan - probably a draw.

·
Scudetto
23,598 Posts
A draw is best for the long term. But a Juve win is the way to go in terms of the players having a slight peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I´m becoming increasingly worried that Milan might miss out on the last CL place.
We have had several oppertunities to pass Fiorentina and had we been able to do that we would have had a 3-4 points ahead of them. These oppertunities might not be available in the future.

I dont understand one thing. How come teams in england play more matches than any other league still, they dont complain that much as we do about fatigue?

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
I dont understand one thing. How come teams in england play more matches than any other league still, they dont complain that much as we do about fatigue?
You could be right, but I will be shocked if any other team has played as many games as us the last 2 months (actually less than that). It has been Wed-Weekend every week since New Year bar one (and there was one NT Wed round too).
Plus the time when EPL teams have it rough is around Xmas with their traditions - playing on Boxing day, playing on Dec 1 and all that. And some of them did/do complain a lot - Rafa, Wenger, Jose M.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Yes, we have had many games after xmas, I´m well aware of that.
Still I think that had we had a better bench we would not have been suffering this much.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gazzetta predicts:

Kalac; Oddo, Simic, Kaladze, Bonera; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Pato, Gilardino

Looks like we are playing with our best. Favalli not predicited to be even on the bench, so maybe Carlo is resting him for Arsenal game ;).

·
Registered
16,122 Posts
However, I am not sure what I want really, not sure what is godo for Milan - probably a draw.
At this stage of the season with the current numerical difference in points, a draw is definitely the best result that we can hope for. It's too early for us to be hoping either team wins.

Gazzetta predicts:

Kalac; Oddo, Simic, Kaladze, Bonera; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Pato, Gilardino

Looks like we are playing with our best. Favalli not predicited to be even on the bench, so maybe Carlo is resting him for Arsenal game ;).
Interesting prediction from Gazzetta. I'd like to see Kaladze at left-back. Not ideal playing our first choice midfield (Kaka aside). Carletto should start Brocchi and Emerson at the very least.

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
Gazzetta predicts:

Carlo has gone mad ... Gattuso,Pirlo,Ambro,Seedorf, Pato, Oddo and Kaladze should rest. Play Brocchi,Emo,Serg,Gourcuff, Paloschi, Cafu (or someone from primavera) and (aslo someone from primavera).

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Well it's a very difficult situation the team is in now. And they have no one to blame but themselves. Very interesting to see how the team copes with these two very important games. Let's hope for the best!

Forza MILAN

1 - 20 of 252 Posts