Xtratime Community banner

Week 25: Fenerbahce 5 - 0 Konyaspor

2K views 89 replies 17 participants last post by  MetinK5 
#1 ·
What is going on?

So begs the question on the minds of the fans of Fenerbahce as they have now lost the league lead to Galatasaray. After dropping a total of 8 points in the last three weeks, Fenerbahce fans look to be going into panic mode. But there is still a long way to go before the league is over. Plus, there's always the league derby between the two heated rivals coming up in about five or six weeks from now. Fenerbahce looks to get back on the winning track as they take on Konyaspor this week at home.

The problem seems to be that the team has gotten extremely lazy over the last three weeks. It seems that the players are wishing that the championship is going to be handed to them. This laziness has been evident since the second half of the season began, and this doesn't look like the team that ran roughshod the last two years. The players will have to shape up in order to get back on track. Galatasaray will be playing against Trabzon this week and that will be a tough match for them. It can only be hoped that the players gets their heads on straight and play decent football.

#5 ·
After the minor distraction in midweek we can once again focus on the real task at hand and that is 3 titles on the trot.

A win against Konya will give GS a very nervy 90 mins against Trabzon who are more then equipped to capitalise. That is assuming that Trabzon play for the win ;)

#7 ·
Starcraft said:
I wish we had a moneytree growing in our garden like you in Fener apparently do..:rolleyes:
Fenerbahce's money doesnt grow on tree....it mostly comes from the fans who doesnt hesitate to buy more than they need or to go to the games.

GS fans love to brag about the Uefa trophy and how they support GS....but when it comes to open the wallet they all disappear.

Only the Fenerium stores have a turnover rate of 20 million euros.

Jerseys sold last year: 295,000

Average attendance last season around 35-40,000.

If you want to help our your club then buy a jersey....;)

#8 ·
I hope we have already reached bottom with the loss against Ankara and that the cup win against GS will give the players some confidence back.

Konyaspor isnt playing good football at the moment but for some reasons all anadolu plays better against us which means they are very focused and motivated in the games against us so this game will be just as hard as any other league game.

I hope to see the same line up we had against GS with servet abd deniz in the team....

#18 ·
Tolga said:
Aykut's loyalties lie in his contract ;)
That's something you cant say about Trabzonspor when they play GS at home....do they even have to play the game when the result is so obvious? :D

GS hasnt lost in Trabzon for the last 9 years if im not mistaken....why should this season be any different especially when Trabzon have nothing to play for....;)

#20 ·
The ref for this game is Vedat Yüksel.

I have never heard of him before.

And please let it not rain/snow this time....i cant recall the last time we played under normal waether or pitch conditions. :D

#24 ·
Trabzon doesn't play with 10% of the intensity against GS that they do with us..

Call it what you like, it's been like that since 1996. Coincidentally or not, it's the 9 years mentioned here that fall perfectly into that time frame;
Cengo said:
GS hasnt lost in Trabzon for the last 9 years if im not mistaken
What can you do.. BJK's biggest fan group made their loyalties crystal clear, Trabzon's football team has for the past decade. I guess you take it as a compliment more then anything..

BTW, Trabzon's new president doesn't seem to be like the rest have been lately, this guy actually respects us and talks highly of us.. I guess it's the right start in changing the piss poor relations between the two clubs..

#25 ·
Tolga said:
Trabzon doesn't play with 10% of the intensity against GS that they do with us..

Call it what you like, it's been like that since 1996. Coincidentally or not, it's the 9 years mentioned here that fall perfectly into that time frame;

What can you do.. BJK's biggest fan group made their loyalties crystal clear, Trabzon's football team has for the past decade. I guess you take it as a compliment more then anything..

BTW, Trabzon's new president doesn't seem to be like the rest have been lately, this guy actually respects us and talks highly of us.. I guess it's the right start in changing the piss poor relations between the two clubs..

For some reason its more the hate for Fener than the love for Galatasaray by the other clubs. "Deniz dusen yilana sarilirmis". I dont understand why everybody wants Fener to fail misrebaly. Is it becuz Fener boast a lot? or is it becuz Fener have the best squad, or is becuz they are the richest? who knows. But its a hate I wouldn't want for my team.

Trabzon might have not won against us in their own stadium but they beat us last seaon at ASY, and eventually took over us the 2nd place.

#26 ·
Tolga said:

You just have to recall what these thre clubs (GS, BJK and TS) did after the Konya game last year.

Just a day after our game all three teams entered their games with an exact same banner saying "El degmemis temiz bir lig istiyoruz". The only difference in the banner was the club colors on it....

So organized and so well done by these three small clubs.

Thas's why there is a new expression:

Fenerbahce and the others.

And there are no 4 big clubs left anymore....there is only one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.