Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the winterbreak ended Fenerbahe has dropped 7 points, 2 draws and one loss surprising loss against Ankaraspor. Last weekend Fenerbahce lost 2 points to rival Istanbul team Besiktas in a very exciting game. Fenerbahce had more of the chanes but Besiktas were the efficient ones with two goals scored in the strangest way.

Despite losing many points Fenerbahce has created lots of chances and could have won all games easily if the strikers had scored a 10th of the goal chances created. The team however doesnt look as solid and confident as it was before the winterbreak. Maybe it's usual phenonomen called underestimation or the fact that Fenerbahce is simply playing badly.

My opinion is that the other teams have stepped up 2-3 levels because more than half the teams are in the risk of ending in the releagtion zone if they lose 1-2 game sin a row.

Kayserispor, currently on a inspiring 3rd place, have prooved they possess the quality to fight for an uefa spot with leading goalscorer Gökhan Ünal who recently played his first international game for Türkiye.

Fenerbahce won the first game in the constantly reovated Sükrü Saracoglu stadium with a convincing 3-0. Goals scored by Alex, Nobre and Anelka.

Goallinks

The game in kayseri will force Fenerbahce to be at their best if they dont want their financial troubled arch rivals, galatasaray, to be given the chance to take the top position in the league table. Kayseri, who appears to be determined to keep their Uefa Cup dreams at live, will give Fenerbahce a hard time for sure.

-------------------Volkan---------------------

Serkan--------Önder------Servet---------Ümit

--------Appiah------Aurelio-------Tuncay-----

--------------------Alex----------------------

----------Nobre----------------Anelka---------

·
*the drum drum*
42,559 Posts
Fenerbahce won the first game in the constantly reovated Sükrü Saracoglu stadium with a convincing 3-0. Goals scored by Alex, Nobre and Anelka.
And we must all remember how hard it was to break down Kayseri in that game until the last 15 minutes..

It took a moment of brilliance from Alex to score off a free kick to break their confidence and force them into a more open game..

They may well easily frustrate us just as much this time around, they're more then capable of it..

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
serhat09 said:
You think Volkan is gonna get the start Cenk abi?
I know it probably has nothing to do with the goaltending, but Fener has dropped more points in 5 games this half with Rustu starting than in 17 games with Volkan. So maybe Daum will go with Volkan

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
KanadaliTurk21 said:
I know it probably has nothing to do with the goaltending, but Fener has dropped more points in 5 games this half with Rustu starting than in 17 games with Volkan. So maybe Daum will go with Volkan
You cannot blame the goalkeeper for loosing those points. Fener has just not been as good as they were in the first half. And the defense had some very poor clearances in the game against Besiktas for example alongside the constant problem of wrong positioning. But I guess this is what you get when no of the players play at their regular position, it is clear that they need some more time together.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I expect us to be back in business this week... Daum and the players have not made any press conferences and there's no footage of interviews with any of them which can only mean they are re-focused.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Jemster said:
I expect us to be back in business this week... Daum and the players have not made any press conferences and there's no footage of interviews with any of them which can only mean they are re-focused.
Maybe the Turkish media is just being respectful and letting Fenerbahce focus on playing the game on the field......HA! :howler:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
serhat09 said:
You think Volkan is gonna get the start Cenk abi?
Im not sure but Rüstü hasnt been himself lately....

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tolga said:
Nice avatar..

We need to make a collection of these types of photos, there's so many that come to mind :D

Some avatar material....

Attachments

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, do you have any other line ups/formations you'd like to see against Kayseri....or should we continue with the same we have had in the last games?

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
I hate that we always use the same lineups, because I think you said this before that we always use the similar one, and I think teams finally cracked our tactic lately.

I'd say

---------Volkan----------
--Onder--Luciano--Umit--
----------Deniz----------
----Appiah-----Aurelio---
---------Tuncay---------
----------Alex-----------
-----Nobre----Anelka----

Breaking down this tactic before anyone dismisses it.

Defense: Now some of you maybe looking at this, and saying, Fenerbahce's defense is so poor, that playing 3 in the back is dangerous. I agree, however, this wont be too much of a factor for 2 main reasons. The midfield system that I implemented in this tactic, and the pure fact, that if we look at past games and our goals. Most of the time it's usually Onder and Luciano back there! Where Serkan is usually missing or Umit because he moves up. Having 3 defenders will force the defenders to play much more zonal, rather than doubling teaming a play which they tend to do, and leave another player open for an easy 1v1 agains the keeper. Of course, Umit has to be encouraged to play more defensive and do his odd run up the side, but has to make sure, one of the 4 midfielders are going to cover his side while he is absent. Another thing is, teams won't expect a 3 man defense from Fenerbahce, so, they may have to adjust their tactic via the game rather than having time to break it down before a match. It'll be new, so the fact of being able to adapt to that quickly will help Fenerbahce.

Midfield: Tactic style is a little different, its a more centralised one, relying more or less on sustaining attacks using a 3 pronged midfield system. I think Fenerbahce's main problem in the last few games is having a lack men in the middle to stop some runs. I'm not saying Appiah and Aurelio aren't doing their jobs, but I think the 2 just got overworked because a lot of teams realised that its really only those 2 playing the midfield if anything, so they flood more players on the attack. So this is why I have the: Tuncay (first wave) Appiah Aurelio (2nd Wave) and Deniz (3rd Wave)...3 waves of players that the attack has to go through. Tuncay, has to play much more conservatively with this tactic, but still encouraged a free role. Due to his fitness, I would say help Alex up there on the attack, but make sure you are back in your position in the midfield when the other team gets the ball. Tuncay has a never ending work ethic, and is good at putting pressure, it will be a challenge already for teams to get passed this guy I think. Once they get passed him, which is probably going to be achieved by a lateral cross, or a nice give and go, then you got Appiah and Aurelio to pass, no mean feat...If they get passed Appiah and Aurelio, then you got Deniz (or Serkan, i'd prefer Deniz, but I still dont know whats going on with that guy). This is why, i put Deniz on. He actually does a very good job at getting the ball back like the other two. Deniz can totally play a "Sweeper" role in the midfield. But Deniz has the odd problem of giving the ball away easily, but because he has 2 runners like Appiah and Aurelio close by, I think its safe to say that they will have him covered most of the time if that happens.

Forwards: Fenerbahce doesn't really have a problem with scoring, and they seem to score often in games, so I didnt really decide to tamper with the trio of Alex, Anelka and Nobre. With the odd support of Tuncay and Umit's crosses and maybe Appiah's long shots, but otherwise, keep that the same.

One more thing, KEEP VOLKAN IN NET.

It's not about him being better or worse than Rustu. Right now, it maybe a psychological thing, since Rustu's been in net, Fenerbahce has gone through it's most stale play in recent weeks. Plus, we have to keep developing the younger guy, for Fenerbahce's and Turkiye's sake really. I love Rustu, and I can honestly say that we DO have one of the best backup keepers in the world right now, but he has to sit his ass down for a bit. :)

There, I think we should try that out, but Daum doesn't visit here.

·
*the drum drum*
42,559 Posts
I'd go with the above idea of Deniz in midfield, but keep the flat back four..

Deniz can cover for Selcuk while he's injured and rekindle the midfield trio. We just need to drop one of Nobre and Anelka to make it work :groan:

P.S - for the pictures, I meant more like the hilarious pics, like Kemal and Servet's homo-erotic moment, Anelka's dating service picture, Semih in the golf buggy etc :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tolga said:
P.S - for the pictures, I meant more like the hilarious pics, like Kemal and Servet's homo-erotic moment, Anelka's dating service picture, Semih in the golf buggy etc :D
:howler:

1 - 20 of 204 Posts