Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fenerbahce suffered their first loss of the season last week in Ankara. Although the pitch was crap as Umit Ozat inferred, Fenerbahce put in their worst performance of the Turkcell Super League season. Luckily, Galatasaray only managed a point against Sivasspor to close the gap between the two front runner to three points. This week is one of the matches that highlight the Turkish soccer (football) calendar. This week Fenerbahce takes on Besiktas at the Sukru Saracoglu stadium.

One of the main concerns will be off the pitch, as the video posted on one of these threads will suffice. Besiktas fanatics will be hard to control, as well as the Canary fanatics, but it seemed from the video that the Eagles fans were the ones raising hell. In response to this, the Fenerbahce club board has barred Besiktas fans from entering the stadium. It should be noted though that Besiktas did the same thing at the frist game between these two clubs this season, but there were some Fener fans who suck in and decided to gloat on how they snuck in. I fully expect some Besiktas fans to do the same thing.

On the pitch, both teams are coming off losses. Fenerbahce lost against Ankaraspor and Besiktas lost against Caykur Rizespor. However, it seems as though Besiktas may be under more pressure due to losses against second division Inegolspor along with the Rizespor loss. A win against Sariyer in the Fortis Turkish Cup did some morale boosting, but two straight losses in the league is nothing to be proud of. Fenerbahce has a game against Tarsus Idmanyurdu in the Fortis Turkish Cup, in which the result is still yet to be determined as of this posting.

Fenerbahce will most likely come with its first team lineup for this match. Besiktas will most likely do the same.

The game will be on Sunday night, but the real match may begin much earlier than that.

Records: Fenerbahce have a record of 16-4-1 (52 pts.) and are in first place. Besiktas has a record of 9-5-7 (32 pts.) and are in fourth.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Great preview doc. :thumbsup:

It's going to be a great game.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Despite their indifferent form BJK has the best away team record at SSS.... They have beaten us 6 times in the last 14 years whilst we have only beaten them 5 with the other 3 being draws. They do not have much to lose, and their prestige to gain as they have lost all of their derby matches so far this season. The pressure is on us and the way we have been playing of late it is clear to see that this will be a tough game...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
...and who can forget the wonderful match last year between these two teams. Hopefully the match is of the same quality, but with a different scoreling :)

·
*the drum drum*
42,595 Posts
I think after all the thrillers we've had, both sets of fans would probably be happy with a dull and predictable game this time around..

May the team playing the better football on the day win, and win by scoring a nice and simple goal scored at a humane minute and without any red cards or penalties!

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Here's my line up:

------------------Rüstü-----------------

Serkan-----Önder-------Luci--------Ümit

--Appiah---------Aurelio--------Tuncay--

------------------Alex-------------------

----------Nobre--------Anelka------------

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Tolga said:
scored at a humane minute
COuld you please define what an 'inhumane' minute is? :D
Bets of luck guys (thats a figure of speech I really don't wish you luck :D) Im looking forward to this one, shoudl be a thriller once again :)

·
*the drum drum*
42,595 Posts
D-lite said:
COuld you please define what an 'inhumane' minute is? :D
Bets of luck guys (thats a figure of speech I really don't wish you luck :D) Im looking forward to this one, shoudl be a thriller once again :)
Preferably something within the start and mid sections of the game, and not in the 90+ minutes, or worst yet twice in the 90+ minutes :howler:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Fenerbahce v Besiktas: Always a fiery encounter !!!

All is set for another Istanbul derby, between reigning champions Fenerbahce and the low-flying eagles, Besiktas, on Sunday at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium !..

Preview of the giant Istanbul derby !..

Fenerbahce’s ground will be serving at full capacity for the first time since it’s reconstruction began in 1999. The Sukru Saracoglu Stadium, labelled the “temple” by Fener’s fans, will be packed by 52,500 spectators, all of which will be wearing the colours of Fenerbahce, as Besiktas fans were denied entry in a security meeting held earlier this week.

The reverse fixture earlier this season saw Fenerbahce fans mix in with their rivals, before they revealed their true allegiance by taking off their shirts and chanting for the visitors. They were removed from the stadium in some controversy, with the Besiktas fans being left frustrated, particularly in combination with the result of the game; a 2-1 win for Fenerbahce.

With Besiktas enduring a torrid season, seeing an exodus of players and a change of management so early in the year, the club is eager to grab as much as they can from the prestigious derbies. President Yildirim Demiroren’s provocative comments and the fans’ frustration could spark yet another derby that is talked of for non-footballing reasons for days on after.

On the pitch, Fenerbahce are strong favourites, though the “derby factor” has played a major part in plenty of occasions involving these two veterans of Turkish football.

Last season was possibly the best example of what derbies can shape up to be. Fenerbahce lost their first league game at home, 4-3, playing the last 15 minutes against a 10 man Besiktas team, with Romanian midfielder Daniel Pancu playing in goal as Oscar Cordoba was sent off after three substitutions were already made.

Besiktas have a new forward line, with Brazilian Bobo and Czech Tomas Jun coming to the club during the winter break. Coach Jean Tigana is yet to find his best 11 and is undecided whether to forgive Ahmed Hassan, after the Egyptian returned late from his country’s African Cup of Nations squad. Hassan was demoted to the club’s reserve side, but was allowed to train with the seniors once again at the start of the week.

Fenerbahce could be without Fabio Luciano, one half of their best central defence, who is suffering from the flu and missed Thursday’s training session. But German tactician Christoph Daum will not be allowing any slip-ups, particularly when Galatasaray are looming only three points below in the league table.

Report: Alp Ayhan

·
Registered
18,438 Posts

Too bad he cant be in the goal tomorrow night....:D

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I thought this release from Toroman would interest you guys as well since its filled with positive messages prior to a derby viewed as war by extremists among the fan groups of both teams :

Statement from İbrahim Toroman (its such a good statement that Im going to translate it in full:

Dear Besiktas fans;
Its time once again for the derby. There are only hours left to the game everyone has been waiting for...This weekend we will witness another historical Fenerbahce-Besiktas game. Like any other derby, this match will take its place in history. Perhaps it will bare witness to new records, or perhaps it'll just be another dull game...

İf we win, we will have gained the opportunity to make our fans happy, we've already made them sad enough this year. İf Fener wins they will have taken an important step towards winning the championship...İf teh game ends in a tie, Galatasaray will be happy.
Of course that's if they can manage to win Vestel Manisa, a strong opponent.

I have a request to make from both sets of fans. Whatever the result, let's not forget that football is just a game. Let's hope fairplay and friendship wins.

A fan should be able to say: 'my opponent, Im happy you exiist'
İf Besiktas didnt exist ther wouıld be no fenerbahce, if fenerbahce didnt exist there woudl be no Galatasaray and if gala didnt exist there would be no Besiktas. Of ocurse they would physically always be there, but without competiton between these teams, we wouldnt get the same taste from football.

Our grandfathers started this race, and it will be there forever as we carry the flag onto our grandkids. THis is probably what makes football great as well. İf you can remember what happened at Sukru Saracoglu last year, you'll probably understand why this game could be filled with excitement. Me not being able to play in this game really saddens me. İts torture for me to have to watch such an important game from t eh sidelines...

While watching tehgame you play it in your head as if you're on the field. You get as tired as if you were in the field. But nothing gives you the satisfaction of actually competing and winning. I hope my teammates experience such satisfactionn this weekend.

With hopes ofcoming out of teh derby happy...

İbrahim TORAMAN

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Btw, i have bought myself a recordable DVD with a hard drive (250 GB) which means this game will be the first one in my derby archive. :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
D-lite said:
With hopes ofcoming out of teh derby happy...

İbrahim TORAMAN
Dude, stop with the propaganda.....:D

1 - 20 of 118 Posts