Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feyenoord visit the city of Twente on Sunday for a 12:15 match (05:15 in the Grain Belt, 04:15 in Nampa, ID). Too early for me and RK (I suspect), so will watch on replay.

Expected lineup:
Marsman
Geertruida, Botteghin, Senesi, Malacia
Fer
Toornstra, Diemers
Berghuis, Linssen, Sinisterra

Some of the boys might be getting tired and, thus, rested by Advocaat. I would like to see Berghuis to get a break so that he doesn't go picking up silly fouls. I would also like to see Haps in at LB and give Malacia a break. How about Kokcu? Is he ready to start again?

FC Twente will be tough at home. Now that we have been bounced from the Cup, the only way to make it to Europe is to finish in 3rd-7th, and hope to advance through the Eredivisie end-of-season playoffs. We didn't do too well the last time they were in those playoffs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I'm up at 4:15 tomorrow, then my weekend will have taken a surprising turn! Not to say it hasn't happened before... Most likey I will watch this one after church with a couple of beers.

I'd like to see Kokcu start. I'm also hoping to see Bozenik come on again.

This should be an entertaining match!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
2 down after 15mins. We've been panicking as a result of Twente's high pressing, which led to Spajic making a catastrophic pass, the result of which was Narsingh brought down by Senesi. Penalty -> goal. A few minutes later Narsingh holds up the ball, plays a clever combination with another attacker and crosses a ball through Spajic's feet -> easy goal.

We've got our work cut out for us now. And it's against goddamn Ron Jans again. And we are playing with a weird line-up.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
...and Toornstra launches a rocket into the goal from just outside a box after a decent attack from us. 2-1.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Fer on for Kökcu. Kökcu was inefficient throughout. Same with Sinisterra, and Linssen hasn't achieved much either. Malacia has been decidedly average in both attack and defense. I'd sub off all three but not sure what to do with the left flank in that case.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
And just after me rubbishing Sinisterra, he's brought down inside the box. Penalty, and Berghuis concerts. 2-2!

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just watched the replay. Yeah, poor performance again from the start. Mistakes all around.

<sarcasm ON>That Twente winger Narsingh sure looked sharp; I wonder if we could get him on a loan deal.<sarcasm OFF>

And now they have to go Up Nort again, midweek, against Groan-again for the missed match on Snow Sunday.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I'm not sure why we ever acquired Narsingh. Perhaps there was going to be a deal (us selling someone) that fell through. I thought he always looked like a decent back-up capable of starting when needed, but since there was no budging Berghuis from his favored left-wing position, Narsingh was never played in his native role. That said, his decision-making always left room for improvement. He could have been the new Schaken for us. Instead, he thought he was Robben but actually couldn't finish - which was very fortunate for us yesterday.

Indeed we didn't play very well. Our overall composition improved when Fer replaced Kökcu though. Maybe Kökcu is rusty, but I'd expect more from him. Currently both Toornstra and Diemers are more useful than him in midfield, and he's technically much more gifted than Jens. I don't understand why we didn't sub off Linssen relatively early in the second half. He's not a battering ram, and Twente were just trying to defend. I also don't understand why we keep starting Malacia. For me he looks average every single time. So did Nieuwkoop btw. He's good at timing his runs and I like his work rate, but Geertruida is better at just about everything apart from perhaps the timing of the runs. Especially defending in one on ones.

Was a bit of a weird one in many ways. Spajic made some really stupid mistakes early on but otherwise looked solid. Marsman had an adventurous afternoon wandering far away from the goal on several occasions, almost costing us once if not for Senesi acting as a makeshift goalkeeper. Berghuis wasn't great, though not that bad either. I just get the feeling he doesn't want to take on defenders in order to conserve energy because he fancies himself a playmaker, but that sort of makes our use of the right flank not quite effective as it could otherwise be.

Anyway. I feel like we could have and should have done better.

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Thanks for the player analysis Clocker.

Was only able to see the highlights myself and the last 15 minutes. Game of blunders indeed. Concerning going into the Groningen and AZ away games in the next week.

Reactions: Clocker
1 - 10 of 10 Posts