Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're up against Gaziantep tomorrow away.

Fatih Tekke is out with a yellow card suspension.. :frownani: :cry:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
yattara isnt playing either, Im watching teh game and you guys arent doing too well, omer riza missed a great scoring opportunity in a one on one with teh goalie

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Halftime 0-1.

We've messed up some great positions. Gaziantep is incredibly slow to defend on break-aways, so hopefully Yattara will be put in.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Trabzonspor:

Tolga, Ferhat, Fatih Akyel, Stepanov, Celaleddin, Ufukhan, Hüseyin, Szymkowiak, Lee, Ömer Rıza

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, Gaziantep mustve had 50 crosses in our box. We played horribly considering we were missing key players, and f'in Halilhodzic left Yattara out until the 85th minute, and a little later..Yattara steals from a defender and assists Djokaj for his first goal. :howler:

0-2..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Halilhodzic is not a good coach. No offense to his fans(assuming he has any here on xtratime) but the guy is a piece of shit. He made some incompetent decisions, especially in the 2nd half. Instead of putting Yattara in earlier(or even start him) he decides to bench him to prove a point for disciplinary purposes. Halil's done this before, in the first half of the season, and the team's lost a lot of points because of it. He was lucky this time around, since the defense didn't fall apart like in the other games.

Right when Yattara came in he did everything right that all the other players were doing wrong. He killed time, he won 2 corners, and he stole the ball from the Gazientep defense and assisted the 2nd goal.

Another thing...I can't believe Halil insisted on using Omer Riza for 80+ friggin minutes. We could have played one of our youth strikers(who imo are much better than Omer Riza). I wanted to see Ergin Keles or Ali Guzeldal get some playing time in Fatih Tekke's absence. Instead, he opts to use Omer who can't do anything except run. I'm going to be very happy when Gokdeniz comes back and relegates this Omer guy to the bench cause I can't stand watching him play. He missed 2 one on ones with the goalie! I rank him right down there with Saban Sukur. No striker/foward should mess up guaranteed chances like that.

Halil's not a coach for the future. His tactics really suck. They usually involve Trabzon scoring one goal in the first half then sitting back on defense while the other team outplays us in the second half. Senol Gunes, Ziya Dogan, and Sammet Aybaba knew more about tactics than this loser. At least they knew how to employ some counter attacking while holding onto a lead. This Halil guy looks like a very mediocre coach that got a lucky break in Turkiye. Can't believe Trabzon was stupid enough to pick this guy as manager.

Some postives:

I'm really liking Tolga(the goalkeeper). He's played very well the last few games and finally seems confident in himself. Hopefully Halil won't be quick to get Jefferson back in action cause Tolga seems to be doing a great job right now.

The defense is also looking half decent with Stepanov and Fatih Akyel back there.

Yattara was fantastic even though he had less than 5 minutes of playing time. The team always plays better with him on the pitch.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
djokaj... i really like this guy... if trabzonspor's mid can look to him as much as they look to yattara, trabzonspor will have on complete attack... that is when gokdeniz is back... damn gokdeniz back and you've got yourselves back in the running...

ergin keles and ali should have played... enough said there...

a dynamic three at the back could be great for trabzonspor... fatih-stepanov-erdinc... all you need are two good wingbacks (lee and ufukhan)...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just something about Halilhodzic. He is probably one of the best coaches Trabzon has ever had. Trabzon may not be playing beautiful football but the results are not bad at all. Are they? Look at the position of the club on the leader board!? The only negative side of his coaching is that he is too disciplined and that's why he will never succeed at the big club or the club where directors have say whose "relative" will play this weekend. He took Lille from second league to first and then playing in best 32 in Champions league. That is quiet an achievement! Watch him take Trabzon into the Europe!

·
Registered
362 Posts
do you all also think that even if Trabzon finish 3rd that Vahid will go. He is the last Bosnian coach from the 3 coaches in turkiye this year, but i realy get the feeling he will be leaving soon as well:)

·
*the drum drum*
42,569 Posts
3rd would be a great achievement considering where he picked up the team from..

Though yes, I think his days are infact numbered, and rumours of his replacement have already even popped up :eek:

BTW, welcome to Xtratime :smileani: Looks like your from Australia? If you haven't done so already, you might like to take a look at the Australian forum. But I must warn you, Melbourne Victory isn't a very popular team down there :pp

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
damn good game... trabzonspor need to put their all... im anxious to see how the defensive duo do again...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts