Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upcoming Wednesday.

Very tough one, Catania are a decent side and they'll be fired up at home. They managed to hold Genoa at Marassi today which is a respectable result.

Hopefully we'll win to gain some momentum. We'll need to because juve and Milan will win their matches imo.

Forza Inter. :fero:

·
Registered
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankfully Catania no longer have Vargas.

They'll have a couple of players suspended for our game: Izco and Terlizzi (Terlizzi scored our winning goal in the corresponding fixture)

Problem for us is that both Samuel and Chivu picked up injuries...and you guys know what that means...

B...

·
Registered
45,333 Posts
Shut your mouth!

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Well we dont know the extend of these injuries yet. It might not be serious and more of a precaution that they were subbed.

Lets refrain from uttering the "B" name, untill we know for certain:stress:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Carson's next fav team are going to buy him.

He maybe gone tomorrow.

There is still Rivas.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang: the world is so cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
but anyway, we gotta play santon...he is the next great thing...the next bergomi!!!!!!!!!!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I think we would see Santon again. ;)

While Ibrahimovic is Back, doubt Mourinho would use Amantino to support him.

Figo, did show some proper way to link, the guy should play... but to start? Dont know.

Then Cambiasso to play in defense would mean Stankovic dropping into CM/DM

Toldo
Rivas - Defense Sub
JimeGol - Midfield Sub
Quaresma/Amantino - Winger / Fake 2nd Striker.
Cruz/Obinna - Strikers/2nd Striker/Fake Wing.

Thin in Mid? there is always DACOURT :happy: why not.

The proxy of Dacourt refrains the voices " Olivier will not dress the mesh rossoblù >Click<

Fine then, Nico can go to London NOW !

·
Registered
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fellas: we might see Cambiasso in defence. Chivu and Samuel injured and Burdisso out with the flu.

What's up with Materazzi? is he injured or is he excluded from Mourinho's plans for some reason? is it true that he's set for a move to Spurs?

I want him to retire at Inter. :(

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
its about time Rivas get his chance now that Samuel, Chivu and Materazzi seems to miss the match.. Burdisso have ****ed up to many times now.. Rivas deserves to play, has not played one single game but still he hasnt complained one time.. i like him, very strong and tough player, faast and with great header of the ball due to his explosive jumps.. sounds a little like Cordoba haa :D

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Any news on Chivu's injury? I haven't read anything in the Romanian media. This guy is making me really depressed though, comes back and plays and never gets into a groove due to injuries.

·
Registered
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wait until tomorrow, surely Mourinho will be asked about the injuries/absentees in his press conference.

its about time Rivas get his chance now that Samuel, Chivu and Materazzi seems to miss the match.. Burdisso have ****ed up to many times now.. Rivas deserves to play, has not played one single game but still he hasnt complained one time.. i like him, very strong and tough player, faast and with great header of the ball due to his explosive jumps.. sounds a little like Cordoba haa :D
Rivas has been injured I believe, in the match against Bologna. Agreed, he's very good. :thmbup:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
samuel and chivu are out... :( adriano is suspended...glad that ibra is back...

·
Registered
59,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Balotelli yet again. :neutral:

Baresi: "Catania atmosphere won't affect us"
Tuesday, 27 January 2009 14:36:31

APPIANO GENTILE - Inter travel to Catania in the third and final midweek round of the 2008/09 Serie A championship. In today's press conference ahead of Wednesday's match Inter vice coach Giuseppe Baresi, who wore black and blue 559 times in his long playing career, spoke in place of the suspended José Mourinho.

Of the players not called up for the Catania trip, Olivier Dacourt and Victor Obinna have been omitted for technical reasons. Patrick Vieira, Francesco Bolzoni, Christian Chivu, Marco Materazzi and Walter Samuel are out injured, while Mario Balotelli has been left out for disciplinary reasons.

Baresi told journalists: "Mario belongs to Inter and he will remain here. This is the club's position. He is not and will not be on the transfer market." As for the team to face Catania, he revealed: "It will be decided at the last moment. We know it will be a difficult match, but the atmosphere doesn't worry us. It's eleven against eleven on the pitch, and it's only a game of football."

In Sicily tomorrow night Baresi will be reunited with his former team-mate Walter Zenga. "He's much more thoughtful since he has become a coach; he studies and learns from his colleagues," Baresi said. "His team has personality and he wants to go far. Walter is a person with determination and character."

---

Twenty-one player squad for Catania v Inter
Tuesday, 27 January 2009 13:46:08

APPIANO GENTILE - Inter vice coach Giuseppe Baresi, who will take José Mourinho's place in the dugout in Wednesday evening's match away to Catania, has named a 21-player squad for the Serie A Week 21 clash at the Stadio Massimino (kick-off 20:30):

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar, 22 Paolo Orlandoni;

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 6 Maxwell, 13 Maicon, 16 Nicolas Burdisso, 24 Nelson Rivas, 39 Davide Santon.

Midfielders: 4 Javier Zanetti, 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Luis Figo, 11 Luis Jimenez, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Sulley Muntari, 33 Amantino Mancini, 77 Ricardo Quaresma.

Strikers: 8 Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 10 Adriano* :confused: , 18 Hernan Crespo.

---

* Could it be because the club is awaiting the result of the appeal? anyway, no way his ban will be totally removed, I think the appeal is a futile attempt.

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
Burdisso or Rivas that is the question... :undecide:

My magic ball tells me Burdisso... :nervous:

I guess we'll have to score four goals then... :hopeful:

·
&#9484;&#8745;&#9488;(&#9699;_&#9698;)&#9484;&#874
31,893 Posts
LOL Balotelli is as good as invisible.

Banned Adriano is still ahead of him.

Ok Rivas, we dont know how match fit-he is... but a CB is not that exhausting.
A Full Match for him and Cordoba ;)... with Cambiasso a back up

Go to Spurs Nico.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts