Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the word flow forth from all sides of the Atlantic that there were some fabulous, amazing goals scored this weekend. So many that I have decided to expand a top 5 list to a top 10. Great calcio this weekend. Please add your opinions and goals from the Chievo-Juve match, which hasn't kicked off as I start this post. I didn't see Sukur's goal, either. This week was the week of blasts from outside the box.

1. Torino's Lucarelli buries a one hop launch from Asta past Peruzzi from long range.
2. Doni curls in a blast from outside the box into top corner of net.
3. Assuncao scores off a beautiful free kick. Keeper stuck in place.
4. Seringho sets and strikes a beautiful left footer into opposite side of net from long range.
5. Baggio dives into the out of bounds area to save a ball, which he purposefully and perfectly crosses to Toni, who heads it home.
6. Atalanta's Pia settles a hard cross with a flow and a pop off his boot before blasting home past a stunned Manninger.
7. Muzzi whirls a long grounder of a shot from the center of the field past Milan's keeper for an amazing strike.
8. Lecce's Chevanton prances through the Brescia defense before chipping Castellazzi.
9. Predator Vieri, the monster, volleys home a left footed cross into the box with virtual ease.
10. Perugia's Ahn demonstrates perfect header form.
BIG BAD WOLVES IN THE WOOD :cool:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I like Chevanton's goal a lot for two reasons, one, I like him cuz he's uruguayan (I like their football) and two, because it was a text book finish. Technically perfect finishing.

For all round beauty, Baggio's cross and Serginho's shot after a nifty Jose Mari pass get my other votes.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Oh, best miss has to be the Cheivo comination that led to Eriberto's near miss to the right side of Juve's goal. The one touch passing was pure art. Why can't Milan play like that? :( :moan:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Chievo's goal vs. Juve was a thing of beauty, too. Massimo Marazzina's 10th goal of the season in the 59th minute was fired right through Buffon's legs at a very difficult angle. Also Fillippini's goal was great, a masterpiece!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I wonder why more coaches in Serie A can't allow their teams to play openly and passionately like Chievo's. The Serie A could also be a thing of breathtaking beauty and grace, to go along with the tactical organization, if they just allowed it.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dae. I think it's a mentality thing that is slowly cracking, thanks primarily to coaches and thinkers like Del Neri. Already Parma is clamoring for him, claiming they want to return to the "beautiful game." More and more, we'll see that type of play because Del Neri proved one can win with it. Throughout the 1990s, coaches were drawn to catennacio because they thought it was their best chance of succeeding. Trapp, Del Neri, today's Juve and last season's Roma prove that Serie A and Italia are slowly moving toward a more beautiful approach. One can only hope. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts