Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 20:45

New kick-off time for me. Personally don't mind it though as I can now have dinner at a more normal time.

As for the game, it most probably will be Jon Dahl Tomasson's first game for us in a serious game as he came through the 90 against Portugal last night.

The long term injuries (Makaay, Vlaar etc) and to add to that Bruins and Landzaat are doubts too. More should be known about them tomorrow. Hofland and Lucius should be back though after coming through unscathed in our last reserve game.

Volendam...well should be interesting to see Jeroen Verhoeven's like in real life for the first time

[tub]9wAtvOsJAyw[/tub]

Also want to see what Jack Tuyp's like. Derksen claims he's a striker who's slow who needs to be in the opposing side's penalty area to be of any use...the last thing a relegation needs in games away from home where pace on the break would be needed. Lets see

Starting line-up I expect:

Timmer

Lucius Bahia (Landzaat) Hofland de Cler

van Bronckhorst
Fer Wijnaldum
(Bruins) Janota?

Tomasson Mols

Prediction: 3-1 win.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
When was the last time Volendam came to the Kuip? Wasn't it the season when Ronald Koeman was in the squad ?

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only remember 2 games against them. One opening game in '95 I think when we won like 5-1

and the other one where :proud: Pablo Sanchez :proud: scored with a sublime lob. Haan was boss then and yeah the fat Koeman was at the club too.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I seem to remember Volendam were in the Eredivisie just a few years ago but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Should be a comfortable win for you guys.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
From wiki:

Volendam was relegated again in 1960, was promoted in 1961, was relegated in 1964, was promoted in 1967, was relegated in 1969, was promoted in 1970, was relegated in 1972, was promoted in 1977, was relegated in 1979, was promoted in 1983, was relegated in 1985, was promoted in 1987, was relegated in 1998, was promoted in 2003, was relegated in 2004 and was promoted again in 2008.

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
while I am :mad: :(

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
oh great, thanks to the Judoka's new fitness regime which they say will work in the long run (I still believe), Landzaat and Bruins definitely out (according to de telegraaf) and Lucius & Hofland only got playing time with the reserves with an eye on the game next week so for tomorrow....

Timmer

Buijs :scared: Greene :scared: Bahia :scared: de Cler

van Bronckhorst
Fer Wijnaldum
Tomasson

Mols Biseswar​

or Janota starting in Tomasson's spot with Biseswar on the bench

We'll probably now struggle for a win.

2-1 I say now

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Our these guys eating the proper food to endure GJV's trainingsregime? Otherwise I know a good cook:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Buijs and Greene in the same team :D

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just in...

Boys and girls, with pleasure I can tell you Buijs won't be playing :proud:

feyenoord.nl said:
12-09-2008 LANDZAAT EN BRUINS DEFINITIEF NIET TEGEN VOLENDAM

Denny Landzaat en Luigi Bruins zullen zaterdag definitief niet aantreden tegen FC Volendam. De twee ondervinden nog te veel last van hun blessures. Dit maakte Gertjan Verbeek vrijdag bekend tijdens het wekelijkse persmoment. De trainer wil geen enkel risico nemen met de twee. Tegenover de afwezigheid van de twee middenvelders staat de terugkeer van Andwélé Slory, Kevin Hofland en Theo Lucius bij de wedstrijdselectie. Alledrie zijn weer volledig fit en kunnen spelen in de eerste thuiswedstrijd in de competitie.

Naar Bruins en Landzaat moet Verbeek nog zes spelers missen, namelijk de geblesseerden Ron Vlaar, Karim El Ahmadi, Roy Makaay, Danny Buijs en Tim Vincken en de geschorste Jonathan de Guzman. Vlaar is op de weg terug. Hij heeft vrijdag met de beloften mee getraind. Roy Makaay hoopt dinsdag of woensdag weer met de groep mee te kunnen trainen.
Hopefully Lucius and Hofland won't be spared and will be starting.

Slory back I guess is an improvement on Biseswar when it comes to pace but obviously not one when it comes to finishing....

hopefully :hopeful:
Timmer

Lucius Bahia Hofland de Cler

van Bronckhorst
Fer Wijnaldum
Tomasson

Mols Slory​

WE"RE GONNA WIN :hopeful: :happy:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Well, 5-0 win, looked good. I was able to watch live at freesoccer.nl with streaming the entire first half, but only images in the second (a new photo every 3-4 seconds). Connection is still too slow on this end.

Teak

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Wijnaldum wont be playing long for Feyenoord if he keeps this up :)

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm I didn't think he really stood out. Then again he didn't irritate me like Landzaat or Bruins have been doing.

Flattering scoreline for us. Obviously helped by the fact we got those penalties early on. Biseswar despite his 2 goals and assist didn't do a thing right but who knows.....there might have been scouts watching who came into the stadium late.

All in all, a 6,5 out of 10 performance for me. Not bad, not brilliant but obviously hopefully one which'll give the boys confidence going into this important week.

Marks:

Timmer 7 - 2 good saves...one with his feet and the other on the line (off course) with a dive to his right

Lucius 6 steady
Bahia 6,5 didn't do badly in front of his whole family who were there yesterday.
Hofland 6 ok
de Cler 6

van Bronckhorst 7
Wijnaldum 6
Fer 6
Slory -

Mols 6
Tomasson 6

---
Biseswar 6,5

As for Volendam, they surely will be going down.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
You're forgetting AZ there...:nasty:

Your man Verhoeven didn't do too bad btw. Even had Boots trying to emulate his keepingskills (certainly dumbest and most blatant handball of this season).

·
Registered
59,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, what was he thinking ?

Also must say Verhoeven isn't that fat anymore :( (or perhaps never was). Wasn't able to take any funny photos.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Wijnaldum wont be playing long for Feyenoord if he keeps this up :)
I played against him 1.5 years ago on the street, he didnt have a contract by then from what I remember but he was really good, made me wonder how good the likes of Kaka, Messi etc were if I had to play against them. ::embarass:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts