Xtratime Community banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
For our penalty, there was contact and it wasn't a brush. On the other hand, it wasn't a bulldozer either. So, imo, we're in that grey area where you can't really conclusively say it was simulation or that the opponent hacked him down. In those cases, the pens can be justified and they're obviously given more often when the player goes down for whatever reason. My impression is that Sensi made the most of the contact and went down a bit too easily...but that still doesn't fall under what we know as simulation. So yeah, I'll say the decision seems correct even if it looked soft to me.

None of the pen claims were valid, with the possible exception of the incident where Ranocchia fell on his face since I didn't see a proper replay of it. From what I was able to see, there was nothing to it.

From the 1st 20 mins, you'd have seen the Cagliari fans crying and appealing as if everything should be a red or a pen...that continued throughout the match and a number of mountains were made from molehills. Incredibly obnoxious. For those who didn't watch the match, just imagine an entire crowd acting like the Barça bench in the tiki taka era.
Considering Sensi's momentum I think he might have fallen over even if there was no contact. The pace at which he attempted the spinnaroo was quite high.

Sensi didn't have contact with the ground when he got kicked. So there's no way that Sensi could have kept the balance after the Cagliari player kicked away the leg that he was supposed to land on. All IMHO of course.

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
Even Tuttosport called it a FOUL. Tuttosport. A paper that hates Inter and loves juve.

https://m.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/serie-a/2019/09/01-60652281/serie_a_l_inter_vince_a_cagliari_fiorentina_ancora_ko_tripletta_di_berardi_in_sassuolo-sampdoria/

La situazione cambia al 72’ con il rigore trasformato da Lukaku in seguito alla straordinaria veronica dell'ex centrocampista del Sassuolo che guadagna il fallo che porta alla vittoria di Conte.

Inglese:

"The situation changed on the 72nd minute with Lukaku's penalty following the extraordinary Veronica of the former Sassuolo midfielder who earned the foul leading to Conte's victory.

One of 3 things..

Either pav knows it's a penalty and is simply trolling..

Or he has poor eye sight..

Or he simply is clueless about football altogether.

Essentially what he is alluding to is that the Inter of Conte and Marotta is the darling of referees. But wouldn't that mean that Marotta and Conte won at juve because of refs, pav? ;)

Hmmmm....

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
Why are you guys entertaining pav :p

He only comes here to stir the pot
Indeed. Wise words. And I have been lenient enough with his dumbass trolling 2 matches running now..

Going forward pav's posts in the Inter forum will be moved to the monkey cage thread. That's where they belong based on the huge amount of biased, bitter bullshit he spouts in them.

It sure must hurt juventini to see a juve legend coaching Inter. I understand.. so pav is trying very hard to belittle Conte. In every game!

folks, kindly refrain from quoting that deluded moron in your posts going forward as I only will transfer his troll posts to the monkey thread, so let's keep our threads pav-free. Don't waste your time.

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
Cagliari really should not talk about referees.

Have they forgotten how they won against Inter last season?

Well I still remember.

Cigarini should have been sent off but he wasn't

Their first goal resulted from a free kick after Skriniar won the ****ing ball cleanly.

The nerve some people have..

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
"The situation changed on the 72nd minute with Lukaku's penalty following the extraordinary Veronica of the former Sassuolo midfielder who earned the foul leading to Conte's victory.
It says "earned the foul". So it could well be that it's referring to Sensi winning the foul call by the ref, which is a factual matter beyond dispute, without going into the legitimacy of the call itself.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
So Cagliari has come out slamming the racist chants and has vowed to take action against those responsible. Inter has applauded them and many others have condemned the abuse and stated their support for Lukaku. This is a big change from the usually muted responses to these things we've become used to seeing in Italy in the past. Good signs.

Btw, Inter's "BUU" slogan (designed to turn a monkey chant into something positive - an acronym which stands for Brothers Universally United) doesn't sit right with me.

I mean, Inter's response to Cagliari on Twitter had us tweeting #BUU at them.

I'm just not so sure........ :hmm:

·
Registered
43,540 Posts

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
It says "earned the foul". So it could well be that it's referring to Sensi winning the foul call by the ref, which is a factual matter beyond dispute, without going into the legitimacy of the call itself.
Don't play those lawyer tricks on me, Firdy :D

They would have called it simulazione/simula if they wanted to question the call.

But it was clear cut.

Fallo, foul, so a penalty. You foul an opponent inside the area, you pay the penalty.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Indeed. Wise words. And I have been lenient enough with his dumbass trolling 2 matches running now..

Going forward pav's posts in the Inter forum will be moved to the monkey cage thread. That's where they belong based on the huge amount of biased, bitter bullshit he spouts in them.

It sure must hurt juventini to see a juve legend coaching Inter. I understand.. so pav is trying very hard to belittle Conte. In every game!

folks, kindly refrain from quoting that deluded moron in your posts going forward as I only will transfer his troll posts to the monkey thread, so let's keep our threads pav-free. Don't waste your time.

The inter way

101 - 110 of 110 Posts