Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I now remember when Suazo scored for us in this fixture in 07-08 and was racially insulted. Back then me and TAZZ pointed it out. Might look it up later.
Well the Curva Nord is just as bad. It's Italy-wide to be honest.

Anyhow racism is a general issue tbh, even in England black players have been abused recently,
AFAIK that was on Twitter though. Not that that makes it OK, but I don't think it is something that happens in stadiums there. But I could be wrong.

and both Salah and Mido were called terrorists etc..
This was on Twitter though, right? Abusing people like this on the net is also vile and disgusting but it is always easy for a racist to hide behind a keyboard. I'm not saying it's "less bad" as a social problem, but I think it would be a huge indictment of the game and the fans in England if people were shouting abuse in stadiums a la Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia etc.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
Very harsh

Most of what he did defensively was solid today. Cagliari did have 2 chances after all. And one of those was a freak pinball scenario
He wasn't tested much defensively. But he was lazy in the marking twice and it almost cost us. Other than that he was probably the biggest culprit in giving away possession for no reason.

He had a little triangle of rubbishness going on the right flank along with Candreva and Vecino. Those three along with Lautaro were probably our weakest players tonight.

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
Well the Curva Nord is just as bad. It's Italy-wide to be honest.

AFAIK that was on Twitter though. Not that that makes it OK, but I don't think it is something that happens in stadiums there. But I could be wrong.

This was on Twitter though, right? Abusing people like this on the net is also vile and disgusting but it is always easy for a racist to hide behind a keyboard. I'm not saying it's "less bad" as a social problem, but I think it would be a huge indictment of the game and the fans in England if people were shouting abuse in stadiums a la Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia etc.
Mido and Salah were discriminated against in English stadia for sure.

CN insulting black players is so dumb. We currently have (and have had) black players ffs. Including fecking treble winners who are black.

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
I can't blame Brozovic for that. He was already on a yellow so he can't be committing to a tackle...you'd just hope he puts pressure and makes it tough to get a cross in. That's what he did.

Credit to Nandez for a blazing play.
A tackle would have meant a second booking/sending off yeah but a little shoulder nudge could have proved enough to unbalance Nandez. Brozovic can be a bit soft sometimes. I remember the goals of Spurs away, PSV away and Parma at home last season. Rewatch them and focus on Brozovic.

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
It's just one match and could be a flash in the pan but something has to be said for playing half-assed but being able to turn it on when you have to and get the 3 points. This would have been a definite draw or loss under Spalletti.
Harsh. The Lazio and Empoli CL qualification games, the Spurs game in Milano, the late win at Samp last season, the late derby win last season etc..

Not saying we didn't have choking moments under Spalletti. We did.

Still early anyhow. Inter beating Lecce and Cagliari should be treated as normal, Conte has achieved nothing yet. But it's a good start, good for confidence and morale especially as we have quite a lot of new players. We aren't at full strength yet so hopefully we will see improvement.

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
Milan Skriniar speaks to the media after a huge victory away at Cagliari.

“It was very important victory. We suffered here in previous years but we are very happy for this win. You can see the wining mentality of the coach, he never gives up. We worked hard during preseason and we want to make something important this year. The racist chants against Lukaku? I heard things that should not exist in football so I told the Cagliari fans to shut up.”

Source: FCIN

Attachments

·
Registered
57,650 Posts
Lukaku 'very happy' despite racial abuse
Football Italia

Romelu Lukaku admirably shook off racial abuse from Cagliari fans during Inter’s 2-1 win on Sunday, declaring ‘to score wearing this shirt is a great feeling.’

Lukaku netted the winner from the penalty spot in Sardinia, but it was not without controversy as Cagliari supporters greeted him with monkey chants during his run-up.

“I’m very happy about these first two League victories and about tonight’s success,” he told Inter TV after the game.

“It was a tough match, we had to fight but that's what we'll have to do in every game, I'm happy for the team and for our fans.

“To score wearing this shirt is a great feeling :heart: , I want to help the team even more, through assists too: the goal is to continue like this.”

Members of the Rossoblu faithful have also been guilty of subjecting Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi and Italy forward Moise Kean to the same, vile treatment over the past year-and-a-half.

Meanwhile, joining the Belgian on the scoresheet for the Nerazzurri was strike partner Lautaro Martinez.

“It’s improving week after week and I'm happy about his goal, which was important for us.

“Now there will be a break for national team commitments, it will be important that we all come back in good condition and then work best in preparation for the matches at San Siro against Udinese and Slavia Prague.”

---

Those games against Udinese and Slavia are must wins really. Both of them.

Hopefully no injuries in the international break.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Correct pen won by Sensi

Nice turn
Wow. Lol.

Is that the general consensus here? Hardly any mention of the two PK incidents.

This win had little to do with Conte. Pure gift from the ref, and the game had looked very even at that point.

Cagliari fans might be worst offenders of racism in Serie A.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
A tackle would have meant a second booking/sending off yeah but a little shoulder nudge could have proved enough to unbalance Nandez. Brozovic can be a bit soft sometimes. I remember the goals of Spurs away, PSV away and Parma at home last season. Rewatch them and focus on Brozovic.
I'm talking about this specific incident. He did the right thing. A nudge could have seen Nandez tumbling and could have resulted in action. If that had happened, everyone would be mad at him. He did the right thing by putting pressure.

His foul to earn the yellow was reckless but I can appreciate his maturity here.

Normally, we'd expect a tenacious player on a yellow to become the more likely choice to be subbed. Here, Conte had faith in Brozovic keeping his composure in those tough situations and Brozo repaid that faith.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
Wow. Lol.

This win had little to do with Conte. Pure gift from the ref, and the game had looked very even at that point.

Weren't there 3? I didn't rewatch Ranocchia's fall but there was nothing in the other claims.

Even leaving the racism aside, the Cagliari fans struck me as perhaps the most annoying and classless set of fans I've seen in Italy (maybe Europe). They cried for everything and nothing from the start of the match.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Horrible miss in the last minute

But Rebic is signing for Milan tomorrow so Politano is staying 😕 Colour me unimpressed
When Politano came on we almost scored more. If Lukaku finished that sitter (it is, Nacka), he would have had an assist tonight.

Also scored a screamer v Lecce, not his fault Lukaku was standing in an offside position.

He is contributing under Conte.

Politano I believe had better numbers than your favourite player last season if I am not mistaken
Who's my favourite player? He definitely didn't have better numbers than Rebic last season.

Politani has been Ok , yeah.

Awful miss yesterday, but he should have had an assist from the Lukaku sitter.

I just don't see a forward line of Sanchez-Politano or Lautaro-Politano striking fear into Barcelona, Juve or Dortmund in the event that Lukaku gets injured.

Rebic is obviously not Pele but he is a fighter and a tireless worker. And a WC finalist.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
Wow. Lol.

LOL, here again with your hot takes are you. Cagliari were screaming for a penalty for handball on three occasions. Neither of them were a penalty.

Which ones are you claiming should have been a penalty?

The ones involving Asamoah and Ranocchia didn't even hit the arm. Brozo had his arm tucked against the body and the Cagliari player blasted the ball into him from short range.

I'll be right here eagerly awaiting your big brained rule interpretations.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
As for the people claiming that Lukaku missed a sitter I have no idea what to say. Maybe we have a different definition of the word sitter. In my World a sitter is a chance that's almost a guaranteed goal. So let's say that it's a chance that's an 80% chance of becoming a goal.

Exhibit A

The pass is behind Lukaku and Lukaku himself is outside the first post. Getting a decent shot on goal from that situation is difficult to begin with. I'd say most players won't even get 50% of the shots on goal.

If I'm incorrect it's pretty easy to prove me wrong. Just go get a friend and head out to the nearest pitch. Have him feed you low crosses behind you and send those "sitters" into the net. Please send me the youtube-link once you've uploaded the results.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Weren't there 3? I didn't rewatch Ranocchia's fall but there was nothing in the other claims.

Even leaving the racism aside, the Cagliari fans struck me as perhaps the most annoying and classless set of fans I've seen in Italy (maybe Europe). They cried for everything and nothing from the start of the match.
Only watched 20 mins or so of 2nd half. Was referring to back to back PK incidents. Brozo's arm (ridiculous to give a PK for that but they're being given now) and equally silly case for which you got a PK moments later (no arm rule interpretation needed for this one).

Cagliari has good midfield, WBs and Simeone up front who held their own. Conte didn't have much to do with this win.

Sensi looks good btw.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Correct pen won by Sensi

Nice turn
Wow. Lol.

Entire panel of German commentators disagreed with your judgements, which are generally a joke, as evidenced your "Icardi family wearing black and white mean Juve transfer" hilarity on the Serie A threads over in the Italian forum

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
As for the people claiming that Lukaku missed a sitter I have no idea what to say. Maybe we have a different definition of the word sitter. In my World a sitter is a chance that's almost a guaranteed goal. So let's say that it's a chance that's an 80% chance of becoming a goal.

Exhibit A

The pass is behind Lukaku and Lukaku himself is outside the first post. Getting a decent shot on goal from that situation is difficult to begin with. I'd say most players won't even get 50% of the shots on goal.

If I'm incorrect it's pretty easy to prove me wrong. Just go get a friend and head out to the nearest pitch. Have him feed you low crosses behind you and send those "sitters" into the net. Please send me the youtube-link once you've uploaded the results.

Fair point Nax. Looking back it's a tougher chance than I thought.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts

Only watched 20 mins or so of 2nd half. Was referring to back to back PK incidents. Brozo's arm (ridiculous to give a PK for that but they're being given now) and equally silly case for which you got a PK moments later (no arm rule interpretation needed for this one).

Cagliari has good midfield, WBs and Simeone up front who held their own. Conte didn't have much to do with this win.

Sensi looks good btw.
Yeah, silly...

[ame]https://youtu.be/6CD7JUYVEhY?t=159[/ame]

·
Registered
43,540 Posts

For our penalty, there was contact and it wasn't a brush. On the other hand, it wasn't a bulldozer either. So, imo, we're in that grey area where you can't really conclusively say it was simulation or that the opponent hacked him down. In those cases, the pens can be justified and they're obviously given more often when the player goes down for whatever reason. My impression is that Sensi made the most of the contact and went down a bit too easily...but that still doesn't fall under what we know as simulation. So yeah, I'll say the decision seems correct even if it looked soft to me.

None of the pen claims were valid, with the possible exception of the incident where Ranocchia fell on his face since I didn't see a proper replay of it. From what I was able to see, there was nothing to it.

From the 1st 20 mins, you'd have seen the Cagliari fans crying and appealing as if everything should be a red or a pen...that continued throughout the match and a number of mountains were made from molehills. Incredibly obnoxious. For those who didn't watch the match, just imagine an entire crowd acting like the Barça bench in the tiki taka era.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Stone wall penalty. The defender clipped him.

And gents: just a thought

Take that team from the last 2 rounds and add Godin, De Vrij, Barella and Lazaro.

Quite something

81 - 100 of 110 Posts