Better second half

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Politano giving them problems

Hope he is kept
Horrible miss in the last minute

But Rebic is signing for Milan tomorrow so Politano is staying :/ Colour me unimpressed

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Sitter wasted by Lukaku

Hot fan in the stands couldn't believe it

Good pass Politano
Not really a sitter as he got the pass behind him.

It's the kind of situation where better strikers manage to get the ball on goal more often than not though, Icardi probably would have managed to hit the goal.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Too bad Sensi was hacked down, could have been a nice goal if he had been allowed to finish.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Good result against a very tough midfield and defense.

Cagliari have a terrible offense, which was obvious, but they will make life difficult for big teams.

Positives:

- The team should have scored 4 goals

- Cagliari had 2 chances all game. Defense was solid while missing 2 starters

- Lukaku: 2 in 2

- Sensi MOTM

- I thought Barella really changed the tempo of the game. Added a lot of energy where Vecino just plodded around giving the ball away. I really thought that sub changed the game.

- There was plenty of composure in injury time. Spaletti's Inter would have probably conceded.

- I thought Asamoah had a really good game. Really stretched Cagliari down the left side at times.

- I thought Godin showed a couple of real flashes of strength, pace and power to drive out of defense into midfield.

Just imagine him replacing Ranocchia <3

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Negatives:

- Lautaro had a horrible game. His constant dummies are really annoying and never work.

- Lukaku missed an absolute sitter. He is sort of famous for those. He can't afford to miss too many more this season

- Candreva had a really bad game. The match was far too physical for him. I would like to see him do well this season but I think Lazaro will eventually be the starter

- Vecino was awful, as always

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Dumbro was pure garbage. Lost the marking on the goal. Then in the 92nd minute he again lost the marking and decided to take a dive instead, luckily the Cagliari player headed over the goal (and the ref was fooled as well I guess so it wouldn't have mattered).

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Not really a sitter as he got the pass behind him.

It's the kind of situation where better strikers manage to get the ball on goal more often than not though, Icardi probably would have managed to hit the goal.
As much as I hate him, Icardi would have scored that in his sleep

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Yeah, Candreva was just lost in this game. His Julio Cruz style dives were hilarious.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Horrible miss in the last minute

But Rebic is signing for Milan tomorrow so Politano is staying :/ Colour me unimpressed
When Politano came on we almost scored more. If Lukaku finished that sitter (it is, Nacka), he would have had an assist tonight.

Also scored a screamer v Lecce, not his fault Lukaku was standing in an offside position.

He is contributing under Conte.

Politano I believe had better numbers than your favourite player last season if I am not mistaken :stuckup:

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Like red said, the big changes in our play came when Barella came on.

He linked up well with Brozovic and was more direct in delivering the ball to the forward line. I don't know why he isn't starting. He should start over Vecino, obviously.

The other change came when Politano came on. He was actually able to bring the ball forward and is a hell of a lot better at passing than Lautaro.

I have to say that Asamoah has been an unsung hero. The guy has been great at beating his man and in keeping possession. Keep it up!

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I was thinking to myself that Lazaro should come on, yeah. In an ideal world Barella, Politano, Alexis, Godin and Lazaro would come on. :D Candreva didn't do much admittedly to support the attack. But with Inter leading Conte went with the safer option of putting an experienced CB who is good in the air as Cagliari scored from there.

The cross of Nandez was excellent, but really Brozovic failed to stop him. I think the early booking played a part otherwise he would have fouled Nandez.

DD just stood there, didn't jump!

Come on red do the Udinese thread. Gervinho destroyed them tonight in Udine btw which is promising.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
It's just one match and could be a flash in the pan but something has to be said for playing half-assed but being able to turn it on when you have to and get the 3 points. This would have been a definite draw or loss under Spalletti.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
I was thinking to myself that Lazaro should come on, yeah. In an ideal world Barella, Politano, Alexis, Godin and Lazaro would come on. :D Candreva didn't do much admittedly to support the attack. But with Inter leading Conte went with the safer option of putting an experienced CB who is good in the air as Cagliari scored from there.

The cross of Nandez was excellent, but really Brozovic failed to stop him. I think the early booking played a part otherwise he would have fouled Nandez.

DD just stood there, didn't jump!

Come on red do the Udinese thread. Gervinho destroyed them tonight in Udine btw which is promising.
I can't blame Brozovic for that. He was already on a yellow so he can't be committing to a tackle...you'd just hope he puts pressure and makes it tough to get a cross in. That's what he did.

Credit to Nandez for a blazing play.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Typical morons making monkey noises at him jn the crowd. Disgusting.

Grande Romelu
I now remember when Suazo scored for us in this fixture in 07-08 and was racially insulted. Back then me and TAZZ pointed it out. Might look it up later.

Anyhow racism is a general issue tbh, even in England black players have been abused recently, and both Salah and Mido were called terrorists etc..

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Dumbro was pure garbage. Lost the marking on the goal. Then in the 92nd minute he again lost the marking and decided to take a dive instead, luckily the Cagliari player headed over the goal (and the ref was fooled as well I guess so it wouldn't have mattered).
Very harsh

Most of what he did defensively was solid today. Cagliari did have 2 chances after all. And one of those was a freak pinball scenario

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
It's still a big issue in Italy. Glad Lukaku scored to shove it to those idiots.

The league needs to take action (hopefully the club does as well but I wouldn't hold my breath).

61 - 80 of 110 Posts