Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, there was no match thread, so i decided to take it upon myself to start one :) :tongue:

vieri and martins are out of the match.

the squad list is ...

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24)

Midfielders: Fabrizio Biava (29), Javier Farinos (14), Thomas Helveg (13), Giorgos Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (19), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Okan Buruk (22), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Javier Zanetti (4)

Forwards: Adriano (10), Julio Cruz (9), Alvaro Recoba (20), Dejan Stankovic (11), Andy van der Meyde (7)

i wouldn't mind seeing a

toldo
cannavaro-adani-cordoba
j.zanetti--farinos:rolleyes: --karagounis--kily(most likely pasquale)
--------------stankovic
---------cruz---------adriano

however, the attack of ....

----VDM----Recoba
--------Adriano

looks good as well

A MUST WIN MATCH ... since we have had some disappointing performances in Serie A of late

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
4-0 Great game by Adriano he was involve in the 4 goals, assist to chino, got the penalty for chino and scored the other 2, noone in their right mind would ever compare Adriano to Vieri

·
Registered
57,859 Posts
Back to winning ways boys !

FORZA RAGAZZI !!

Great game for Recoba. He was very energetic and dynamic. His best game for Inter this season so far. My Man of the Match by far. :star: :strong:

Not far behind of course, Adriano. As jack mentioned, he was involved in all the goals. He also should have had a penalty very early in the match as Roque Junior (god bless him) pulled Adriano's shirt and jumped on him during Recoba's free kick. But to be fair Adriano was offside in the first goal, so we had calls for and against us. But nothing affected the outcome of the game anyway.

Farinos had a great game !! I was shocked by his overall performance and his contribution to the team. He defended well and attacked well. He linked-up well with Dejan Stankovic, who had a good match, not brilliant but good. Very disciplined. Another man who surprisingly had a good match was Thomas Helveg. He is no Zanetti or Thuram but he gets the job done and he played with heart tonight. Keep it up, Thomas.

The defence, and particularly Adani and Gamarra, played realy well. The offside trap was set and Chiesa was caught offside like 7 times. :tongue: 6 of em were correct calls. Flo was contained and he only created danger in a single corner kick when he headed on goal but Toldo made an easy save. A Man of Flo's height is surely not easy to contain. Kudos to Adani for doing that. Hope his injury isn't serious. Ugly, horrendous tackle on him by Guigou. :yuck:

JZ..LW, LWB, RB, RWB, CM..You name it. He didn't have a ZANETTI kinda match but he was good no doubt.

Kily played too deep IMO. The role of the left-flanked forward doesn't suit him pretty well. He'll leave us in the summer, I'm sure. Too bad coz he's one heck of a player. :(

As for Siena, well they have to blame their midfield (Zero creativity just long balls whoofed to Flo and Chiesa) and surely the mighty Roque Junior :howler: Grazie Roque. :D

Players ratings, IMO :

Toldo 6
Canna 6
Adani 7
Gamarra 6.5
JZ 7
Helveg 7
Farinos 7.5
Dejan 6.5
Kily 6
Adriano 8
Recoba 8.5

Cordoba 7 (could have bagged a brace. ;) Solid as ever. )

Pasquale 6.5 (played at Canna's position)

Lamouchi N/A

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Nerazzuri4life

Helveg played in defence togheter with Gamarra and Cordoba and not Pasquale, he played as usual at the left of the midfield when he came in ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Roque Junior must think he still plays in Leeds. :D

Good performance from Inter in the first half (that I saw), I am not surprised it would end up like this as you seemed to be in control. Siena looked like they missed their edge this evening.

·
Registered
57,859 Posts
Deno said:
Nerazzuri4life

Helveg played in defence togheter with Gamarra and Cordoba and not Pasquale, he played as usual at the left of the midfield when he came in ;)
Are you sure ? To me Pasquale played too deep for a LWB..Anyway, he didn't get much playing time. But he defended realy well.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
it was unusual to see JZ on the left,since helveg is on the right,but he was good.my man of the match is Adriano...lucky we have him again,always dangerous..hm..i was remembered day we have ronaldo,dont know why..
and chino was amazing
nice winn

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
good to see Recoba playing well again. he is exactly what has been missing upfront for inter. he is a great support striker when in form. Adriano has many qualities and obviously he adds something more for inter upfront than Vieri does. However, i dont like when fans statr saying "bye bye bobo" because thats very disrespectful to a player who has basically carried the team scoring like crazy for many seasons when he could have left whever he wanted to join a club who has better chances of success.

nonetheless, you must be happy with the result.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
damn...i missed the game...let me go to check out the goals first... :fero:

forza INTER... :fero::fero::fero:

·
Registered
831 Posts
CUG said:
However, i dont like when fans statr saying "bye bye bobo" because thats very disrespectful to a player who has basically carried the team scoring like crazy for many seasons when he could have left whever he wanted to join a club who has better chances of success.

Well said !

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
RECOBA: "I'M SERENE AND RELAXED"
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:13:31
MILAN - Alvaro Recoba was in cracking form against Siena. A curled shot from the edge of the box and a power penalty saw the Nerazzurri on their way to a 4-0 victory over the Tuscans. The Uruguayan was interviewed directly after the match:

Alvaro Recoba , at a certain point during the game Alberto Zaccheroni, referring to you, said, 'This player is a phenomenon.'...
"I've found a coach that makes me feel important. Since he has been here I have felt more serene and relaxed. It won't be easy to win the championship, but if we play like we did this evening we can do very well. Unfortunately I've had a few injuries this year, now I'm recovering well. Both Stankovic and Adriano did very well today. We played against a team that was in excellent form and we dominated them. I'm just sorry we're no longer in the Champions League . We'll try and play like this until the end and we'll see what objectives we can reach."

===============

TOLDO: "THE NEW PLAYERS DID VERY WELL"
Monday, 02 February 2004 01:10:12
MILAN - Francesco Toldo 's comments after Inter's 4-0 victory over Siena:

"There are two very important signings that immediately gave us a great help. We were good at moving the ball around, even in difficult moments. It was a rather calm evening for me."

===============

CORDOBA: "A GREAT PERFORMANCE BY EVERYBODY"
Monday, 02 February 2004 01:18:06
MILAN - Ivan Cordoba twice went close to scoring after coming on for the injured Daniele Adani at the start of the second half against Siena. The Colombian defender's first chance - a right-footed strike - was saved by Rossi, while his second was a header at the far post which went inches wide.

"It was a great performance by everybody, from the strikers right down to Francesco [Toldo ]," said Cordoba . "Player for player, we fought for every ball and we must always show this attitude."

Commenting on the insertion of new boys Adriano and Stankovic into the team, Cordoba added: "They motivated all of us. There's certainly no lack of incentive for the [Tim Cup semi-final first-leg] match against Juventus, but the greatest incentive is to wear an Inter shirt."

==================

FACCHETTI: "I'M VERY SATISFIED"
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:55:26
MILAN - Inter president Giacinto Facchetti made the following comments after his first match as Nerazzurri number one:

"I'm very satisfied with the team's performance. The players have confirmed they have great qualities. They just have to find continuity, which helps you achieve great objectives. In the championship we have to take it day by day, match by match, and always do our best. Then we'll draw conclusions."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
ZACCHERONI "RECOBA IS EXTRAORDINARY"
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:20:24
MILAN - Alberto Zaccheroni praised Alvaro Recoba 's performance in his comments about Inter's 4-0 thrashing of Siena:

"Recoba a great protagonist this evening? He did very well today. He has immense talent, it certainly helps to have players like him. With me he has always had physical problems. He wasn't well when I came here. He's doing everything to find continuity and do well. As long as he performs like this it will be difficult to stop him playing. I repeat: he's a player with extraordinary characteristics. He must perform with continuity."

=============

ZACCHERONI: "STANKOVIC AND FARINOS WERE EXCELLENT"
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:26:53
MILAN - In his post-match comments Alberto Zaccheroni spoke about new signing Dejan Stankovic and Spanish midfielder Javier Farinos ' performances against Siena:

"Stankovic ? We used him in a central position today and he did very well. I think he can become a great central midfielder, there's hardly anything missing. I think Farinos also played very well this evening. His performance shouldn't be ignored. He played very, very well in the first half above all."

===============

ZACCHERONI: "WE PLAYED WITH PERSONALITY"
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:35:16
MILAN - Comments from Alberto Zaccheroni about Inter's 4-0 victory over Siena:

"The team was compact and aggressive today. We moved forward when we needed to move forward and we played with personality. Can Adriano and Vieri play together? I'm convinced they can. They have similar characteristics and it's up to me to get the best out of them. I have to create a framework which can support them in the best way possible. I hope we have the right balance after this result. If we want to be competitive all the time we must find the right balance."

===============

ZACCHERONI "AN EXCELLENT RESULT"
Monday, 02 February 2004 00:40:58
MILAN - More comments from Alberto Zaccheroni about the Nerazzurri's convincing win at home to Siena:

"We gave a great reaction today after a period in which we didn't show much brilliance. It was a very good evening in terms of our game and excellent in terms of the result. I have spoken with Moratti and he is very satisfied."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Recoba class convinces Zac Monday 2 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach Alberto Zaccheroni insists that Alvaro Recoba is part of his Inter plans after his classy display against Siena.

The Uruguayan is considered as something of an enigma but he was on fire last night in the 4-0 win over the Tuscan minnows.

"He¡¦s a formidable player," said Zac. "It is a pleasure for me to work with a player of his immense talents.

"If he continues to play like that then it will be tough for me to leave him out of the side in the future.

"I just hope that he can stay clear of injuries. That is something that he is aiming to do as he is looking for consistency."

Recoba not only scored twice in the victory but lit up the game with some first class touches.

"I feel a lot more relaxed with Zaccheroni even if the whole side played well," stated Recoba. "I¡¦m feeling good now and I have five months to prove my worth."

Inter are back on a high after the January signings of Adriano and Stankovic were followed by that display at the San Siro.

"The new players have done well and we have an excellent squad," continued Recoba.

"I don¡¦t think we can win the Scudetto but we want a top four finish and fight for the Coppa Italia and the UEFA Cup."

inter.it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts