Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday at 21:00 or 14:00 where I'm working. Will have this on while "working", heh heh.

Expected lineup:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Geertruida, Hancko, Hartman
Wieffer, Kokcu
Szymanski
Jahanbakhsh, Danilo, Paixao

Slot doesn't like to rotate his starting lineup much, so I expect this will be it. Kasanwirjo is eligible so I expect he will be a second half sub. Would like to see Gimenez get a start over Danilo sometime. Hartman gets a new number (5) to go with his cementing that LB position.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
European leagues hitting the midweek schedules hard to make up for the World Cup break. The UEFA schedule starts up again in February, so it will be two matches a week from now until May likely.

· Registered
59,745 Posts
Unchanged line-up is indeed what the media is saying. Can understand it though. Hartman against Ajax was one of our bright spots plus he looks to be the best fit right now. Up front I'd go for Paixao over the now fitter Idrissi and Jahanbakhsh over Walemark who is still searching for his real break-through at Feyenoord. Same applies to Dilrosun, but lets see what happens against NEC. We saw that crazy highscoring game against them last season or the one before. Dimata can score goals and we cannot afford to turn up at 70%.

· Registered
3,276 Posts
I think one of the problems with Dilrosun has been that Slot keeps trying to adapt to playing in the middle whereas the guy's a 100% winger.

But yeah, we need to be 100% as NEC has some quality players and loads of experience in the squad + a free kick threat in Schöne.

· Registered
3,276 Posts
Confident first half. Nothing special, but we were clearly the better side. Doesn't look like NEC have much in the tank after the red and 2-0 down. Gimenez has been pretty good. Dilrosun has been somewhat invisible apart from the goal.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boring kick about in the second half. Feyenoord should have been able to score goals against 10-men NEC, but they were content to pass the ball around at the back. Only Walemark attempted to bring some offense with several good crosses into the box.

· Registered
59,745 Posts
Yeah, I fell asleep during the second half :D

Red card was over the top too, but hey, we got the 3 points.

Ajax and PSV both dropped points so a good round for us. Stunning that Volendam, who usually leak goals for fun, managed to do so well in Amsterdam. A shame for Schreuder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts