Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
62,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still some time to go, alas..

Maicon suspended I think (was ****ing worth it, though :proud: )

Dejan back.

Cagliari gave Milan and Roma a hard time this season, we should be wary of that.

Forza Inter. :fero:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i would give Santon his chance now that Maicon is suspended, despite his age.. Mourinho has praised this kid very much, who has been in the matchsquads and on the bench on several occasions, so i think he deserve to play, great talent.. but that wont probably happen so :(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
and new player(s)...

:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
we'll see acquafresca play...for them or for us...

:D

·
Registered
62,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpie bump

The match is 4 days from today.

I guess Javier will play at right back, but that depends on the availability of Gramps to fill in for Il Tractor in midfield.

If the French senior citizen is unfit (yawn) then Chivu should play in midfield instead. Chivu, Cambiasso and Muntari - three left footed players :D , not sure how that would work.. :neutral:

Another option would be Jimenez as the '1' behind the strikers and Stankovic taking Javier's spot.

Not sure as regards as to who should partner Zlatan upfront - Balo was arguably our worst player in Siena, yet I'm not sure about Cruz's shape. He was injured wasn't he? Hard to tell how he's doing now after a break. It's Mourinho's call, we'll see.

Couldn't care less how we perform, just bring home the win.

Forza Inter. :fero:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Mourinho shouldnt change so much, so the midfield should stay as it has for the last games. so that means that Santon should play, and he deserves it too. he has been training hard from what it seems from the very start of the season, while Vieira or Chivu or who else who may played hasnt been fully fit, and he seems to be a great prospect for the future, as both Maicon and Mourinho himself has been giving him a lot of praise.. if theres a match he should play its against the smaller ones, and now the time has come to let him show what a worthy replacement he is at the right back position, and in the future hopefully a starter.. so i expect him to play, if not from the start atleast coming in later in the game, depends of how much were leading :)

·
Registered
24,267 Posts
Or we might see Burdisso as right back... :nervous:

·
Registered
62,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No way Santon will start imo, he didn't even make a substitute appearance for the first team (competitively, I mean). I hope he'll play against Genoa in the midweek Coppa tie, though.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Just checked Gazzetta, it says Santon :D

Burdisso should have a go, as sitting him when people are injured isnt quite right.

Also, as what N4L said about Santon's progress.

In the injury column. Only Vieira is not avail. (Rivas, of course)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
santon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> burdisso...santon is a young kid...so he will make mistakes...burdisso is crap and he will also make mistakes...i'd rather play santon and give him some playing time and confidence...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
u wanna bet :D.. i truly believe Santon will play, from start or not, but he surely will play.. theres a lot of talks there in italy too if he gonna play or not, recently Maicon made a intervju sayin that it would be a good choice playing Santon, as he has been working very hard and doin very well.. so dont be so sure about Santon not playing.. however lets wait and see :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
match preview...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0809/int-cag.html

============

Inter v Cagliari: disciplinary info
Wednesday, 07 January 2009 10:43:24
[FOTO Wednesday, 07 January 2009 10:43:24]

MILAN - Inter's Maicon and Cagliari's Bianco and Lopez are suspended for Saturday's Serie A Week 18 match at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza. Six players (four from Inter and two from Cagliari) are a booking away from an automatic one-game ban.

Disciplinary info:

Inter
Cautioned: Balotelli, Ibrahimovic, Muntari, Quaresma.
Disqualified: Maicon.

Cagliari
Cautioned: Fini, Marchetti.
Disqualified: Bianco, Lopez.

inter.it

·
Registered
17,350 Posts
Stankovic injured and will miss Cagliari

Jimenez better be up to it

this could be a tough part of the season

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Thats a ****ing bad news.... worse when it keeps hanging on a possible long term out of play or a short one.

Come on Vieira.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
shit...the injury problem continues... :groan:

·
Registered
62,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is his 2nd injury this season if I'm not mistaken (first was with Serbia in a confrontation with Henry.)

Get well soon, Deki.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i know im being pain in the ass for bringing up Santon all the time :D.. but hes one step closer to the lineup, due that Burdisso is not called up, so that leaves us with him and Zanetti for the rightback position. and Zanetti will be needed in midfield cuz of Stankovic and Vieira not playing.. and also Mourinho has said that he will play Santon, who he sees as a big player for Inter in the future, or Zanetti if needed some experince there. but as ive said, Zanetti is needed in midfield so most probably we will se Santon play.. im now longing for this match even more :D cant wait to see the kid in action

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts

Its gonna be Figo !!!!!
Who else ?
Poor jimeGol :sob: on bench
Clearly Dropping off the system of Q and M. I thought 424 again :D
OK, its only probs for now ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
“Adriano is working individually to try and be ready for the Coppa Italia game against Genoa on Tuesday,” Mourinho revealed in today's Press conference.

“Balotelli? He has played 13 matches and a total of 712 minutes - that's double the amount Julio Cruz has had and triple that of Hernan Crespo.

“Mario will have his chances. I don't know if he doesn't want to stay at Inter or whether it's his brother, who is his agent, saying that.

“On the pitch though you need to be independent and to use your own brain.”---- TSO

Impressive Stats Analysis.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Mourinho names squad for Inter v Cagliari
Friday, 09 January 2009 15:02:49
[FOTO Friday, 09 January 2009 15:02:49]

APPIANO GENTILE - José Mourinho has called up 19 players for Saturday evening's Serie A Week 18 match against Cagliari (kick-off 20:30):

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar, 22 Paolo Orlandoni.

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 6 Maxwell, 25 Walter Samuel, 23 Marco Materazzi, 26 Cristian Chivu, 39 Davide Santon.

Midfielders: 4 Javier Zanetti, 7 Luis Figo, 11 Luis Jimenez, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Sulley Muntari, 33 Amantino Mancini, 77 Ricardo Quaresma.

Strikers: 8 Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 9 Julio Cruz, 18 Hernan Crespo.

===============

Pierpaoli appointed for Inter v Cagliari
Friday, 09 January 2009 12:17:02
[FOTO Friday, 09 January 2009 12:17:02]

MILAN - Nicola Pierpaoli (Florence refereeing section) has been appointed to take charge of Saturday evening's match between Inter and Cagliari. He will be assisted at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza by linesmen Giordano and Ghiandai, with Rosetti acting as fourth official.

Serie A Week 18 fixtures & match officials (all kick-offs on Sunday 11 January at 15:00 unless stated otherwise):
Bologna v Chievo: Trefoloni (Siena); Carretta, Papi; Baracani
Fiorentina v Lecce: Mazzoleni (Bergamo); Costa, Iannello; Brighi
Genoa v Torino (Sat 10 Jan at 18:00): Damato (Barletta); Pirondini, Maggiani; Saccani
Inter v Cagliari (Sat 10 Jan at 20:30): Pierpaoli (Florence); Giordano, Ghiandai; Rosetti
Juventus v Siena: Russo (Nola); Faverani, Stefani; Gervasoni
Napoli v Catania: Celi (Campobasso); Lion, Padovani; Tommasi
Palermo v Atalanta: Girardi (San Donà di Piave); Cini, Bianchi; Cavaretta
Reggina v Lazio: Bergonzi (Genoa); Ferrandini, Galloni; Perruzzo
Roma v AC Milan (Sun 11 Jan at 20:30): Morganti (Ascoli Piceno); Romagnoli, Di Liberatore; Stefanini
Udinese v Sampdoria: Valeri (Rome); Pugiotto, Cariolato; Gava

inter.it

1 - 20 of 261 Posts