1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 17 - 18/1/04 (15.00)
Juventus-Siena

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are back on track with a victory at Sampdoria, but come face to face with an old enemy in Enrico Chiesa.

The veteran hitman has a long history of scoring crucial goals against the Bianconeri from his time at Fiorentina and Parma. Chiesa returned from a thigh strain last week and was immediately on the scoresheet in Siena¡¦s 4-0 demolition of Modena. That result was earned without influential Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Taddei, who is back following his one-match ban, but it is Cucciari¡¦s turn to be suspended.

Juventus tend to kick into gear in the second half of the season, but even last week¡¦s 2-1 win at Samp could not prevent them sliding behind Milan on goal difference. Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta and Alessio Tacchinardi are now fit and could make their comebacks at the Stadio Delle Alpi. Despite missing a few sitters last Sunday, Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet continue to keep Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli warming the bench.

These two teams have already met twice this season in the Coppa Italia and several controversial refereeing decisions grabbed the headlines. Siena really troubled Juve in those ties and will be eager for revenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Birindelli, Ferrara, Iuliano, Zambrotta; Maresca, Conte, Appiah; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Siena (probable): Rossi; Cirillo, Delli Carri, Mignani, Cufre¡¦; Taddei, D¡¦Aversa, Argilli, Guigou; Flo, Chiesa

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
223 Posts
We have to win this kind of games. Everything else is simply unacceptable. I would like to see this (unlikely) line-up:

----------------------------buffon

birindelli-----------thuram------tudor------------zambrotta

--------------------------tacchinardi

camoranesi-----------------------------marseca

--------------------------nedved

------------------del piero---------di vaio/miccoli

It´s time to place Trez on the bench. This is not very likely, though, considering the the fact that he isn´t called for the team against Perugia. In my opinion it would be unfair to di Vaio and Miccoli to start Trez when he performs as bad as he has been doing lately.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
camoranesi wont play I think as that would be 3 starts in one week.

Not sure who will start to partner DP but going on form I would slot in Miccoli, but I didnt see the Coppa match and it makes little sense tacticaly.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
How do you figure Polaris :) ?
Camoranesi came off the bench tonight :tongue: .

I think the teams is going to stay virtually the same from last time around (against Samp) but if Tacchi and Thuram are ready I think they'll play. Tacchi played 90 against Perugia and may thus be doubtfull, but it's between him, Appiah and Maresca for a spot next to Nedved, Conte and Camoranesi in my opinion.

Obviously Buffon will start and Zambrotta will be left back. Given that both Ferrara and Montero did reasonably well in a difficult away game... I think they'll be retained. Then there's Thuram or Birindelli, and that depends on Thuram's fitness exclusively.

Attack... well I believe we ought to kick both Trez and DP to the bench momentarily, simply to be fair to the others, but since both Miccoli and Di Vaio got full time it doesn't really look like it.

Guess:

------------Buffon
Thuram Ferrara Montero Zambro
------------Tacchi
---Camo-----------Conte
-----------Nedved
----Trezeguet--Del Piero

·
Registered
13 Posts
Heard that legro actually play good on Coppa game, maybe Lippi should start to play him again to regain some confidence.
I would love to see Camo play again, who cares if its 3 games a week :D, and hoping for something between Barnbip' midfield line.
On attack, agree that DP and Treze should start from the bench, but DP looks good on his last game, so...

All problem aside, anything less than a win is intolerable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My team wasn´t the most likely one, it was what I was hoping for. It´s not a wild guess that Trez will start despite his crappy form. I wouldn´t mind seeing both Miccoli and di Vaio start, but I am satisified with atleast one of them on the pitch.

I also know that it is highly unlikely to see Thuram as central defender, but it would be very interesting to see. A good guess is ofcouse that Conte starts, but I don´t like that we are relying on him.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Birindelli is suffering with the 'flu so it is highly likely we'll see Thuram start at right back.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Minotti said:
Which shirts are you going to wear since Siena has practiclly yours? The pink one ?...
What's wrong with the Pink jersey ? :tongue: :D

No seriously, Juve are the home side so they'll wear their home jersey. Quite simple.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
It will be like some friendly Juve "A" vs. Juve "B". It happened in Coppa Italia and it was horrible to watch. I often mixed the teams.

Anyway I hope Juve "B" will win it. Chiesa il marcatore :).

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Naaah, VENTOLA will score. :D

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Glen said:
My guess:

------------Buffon
------------Tacchi
---Camo-----------Conte
-----------Nedved
----Trezeguet--Del Piero
Alessio played 90min Thursday night and is most likely sitting on the bench against Siena, with either one of Maresca or Appiah starting it off. I know you alluded to it Glen, stay true to your opinion then goddamn it! :tongue:... Probably Maresca as Appiah is heavily criticized and would perhaps benefit a match or two on the bench.

--------------Buffon
----Camo--Maresca--Conte
-------------Nedved
----Trezeguet--Del Piero

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
With the current form of the players, Steph's proposed line-up looks good :).

Hoping for a convincing resounding victory.........

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Interesting half time scores.

Del Piero got the 1-0 off a penalty when Conte was taken down in the area, after DP had been stopped for a non existant offside.

Trezeguet got the 2-0 goal off a fine Zambrotta cross.

Roma are at 1-1 against Sampdoria at the Olympico, and Inter are tied at home- 0-0 ... against Empoli.

Could be a good week :).

1 - 20 of 63 Posts