Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday at 14:30. The Classic. Mostly won by Ajax in recent years.

Expected:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Geertruida, Hancko, Hartman
Wieffer, Kokcu
Szymanski
Jahanbakhsh, Danilo, Paixao

Ajax always manages either to win these outright, or get a ref decision that allows them to draw. I have seen cases (more than once), where an Ajax player will run with ball out of bounds but come back in, with no call, then score the winner or match tying goal. Whatever. KNVB Amsterdam is the favored squad tomorrow, don't think otherwise.

Berghuis will be starting for them so don't be surprised if he gets the match winner.

· Registered
3,276 Posts
I wasn't able to watch due to mandatory child-related commitments, and same goes for next Sunday, though I might be able to watch the midweek game!

I just watched the highlights. What a strike from Paixao! Nothing much I could tell otherwise. Glad Ajax didn't have anyone better than Kudus to field against us because there were a few opportunities where I think a better striker might have scored. Though I guess Gimenez also perhaps should have scored from his chance. Generally I feel like Eredivisie has a particularly poor crop of strikers this year, and that certainly includes us. Reckon Burak Yilmaz would do better for us than either of the guys we have at the moment (the few times I've seen Fortuna Sittard play he's looked keen).

Interesting to see if our midfield keeps improving as Wieffer settles into his role. Some nifty stuff from him in the highlights. Really makes me wonder why we haven't seen more of him earlier.

· Registered
59,745 Posts
Disappointing as I was counting on a narrow win.
Midfield indeed is improving but up front we don't really have anyone that consistent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts