Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rotterdam derby match Sunday at 12:15 (05:15 in the Grain Belt). Likely will watch this on replay since that is awfully early for a weekend morning.

Expected lineup:
Marsman
Geertruida, Spajic, Senesi, Malacia
Fer
Toornstra, Kokcu
Berghuis, Jorgensen, Linssen

Totally guessing at this lineup since I don't know about the injury situation. Jorgensen was injured in late December so not sure if he has recovered. Wouldn't it be nice if Pratto could start this one and score a hattrick?

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Pratto is going to start. Advocaat has confirmed that.

Kokcu is still out too along with Bozenik, Teixeira and Bijlow so Diemers might start.

Really can't say what to expect. It'd be nice to think we could turn up, control the game and win again by 2 or 3 goals to nil. Did it against a Heerenveen side I expected to score a few in de Kuip.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I watched the second half, forgot to tune in in time. Pratto certainly doesn't look like a goal scorer but put in an effort and seemed to link up well. Ajax's new boy is surely of a different caliber. Jorgensen looked good when he came on and scored a cracker of a goal. Diemers looked good in midfield and I'm thinking Diemers - Fer - Kokcu might be our best midfield trio. Diemers is a smart player who is calm on the ball and has a good technique. Kinda reminiscent of KEA. Hope he keeps getting better for us.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I watched the second half, forgot to tune in in time. Pratto certainly doesn't look like a goal scorer but put in an effort and seemed to link up well. Ajax's new boy is surely of a different caliber. Jorgensen looked good when he came on and scored a cracker of a goal. Diemers looked good in midfield and I'm thinking Diemers - Fer - Kokcu might be our best midfield trio. Diemers is a smart player who is calm on the ball and has a good technique. Kinda reminiscent of KEA. Hope he keeps getting better for us.
Pratto had those two good chances. Hit the post with one and miskicked the second. He wasn't a regular starter for River Plate, so will need some time to get match fit again.

Yeah, Diemers is getting to be a workhorse in midfield. Ball control is improving.

Glad to see Jorgensen finally get goal #2 this season. It was a long time coming. With the big matches coming up this spring (Ajax twice, PSV twice, Vitesse again, AZ), having two #9 will be good.

I watched this match on replay due to the early start here in the Grain Belt.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Yeah Pratto looked like he's in need of a bit of match practice. I'll reserve my judgment until later; for now, I'm happy there's competition for the spot and if Pratto can act as an anchor for the others well enough. I do feel sorry for Linssen who, after scoring a good hat-trick, was sidelined for the entire game. To be fair, Sinisterra is looking very good so soon already after his recovery and he's definitely no. 1 for the left flank, but perhaps some minutes for Linssen as well would have been in order.

·
Registered
59,303 Posts
Yeah, poor Linssen, but maybe there'll be some rotating with there being 2 games a week for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, poor Linssen, but maybe there'll be some rotating with there being 2 games a week for the next few weeks.
That's what I think. Advocaat now has backups at most spots so I think he is going to do rotations. Linssen played a LOT in the fall, and deserves some sort of a break. He'll be back. Also, Jorgensen now has another #9 to push him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts