1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 15 - 6/1/04 (15.00)
Juventus-Perugia

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabrizio Miccoli comes face to face with his former club as Juventus aim to get back on the Scudetto trail.

The Bianconeri hit a bump in the final game of 2003 when a late David Trezeguet goal earned a point at Lecce¡¦s Stadio via del Mare. That result saw them catch Milan in second place, but the gap from leaders Roma increased to six points.

Marcello Lippi is not too concerned, as his teams traditionally hit their peak after the Christmas break. With Alessandro Del Piero, Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved given more time to recover from their injuries, this should give them that extra boost. Alessio Tacchinardi remains a doubt after suffering a minor thigh strain.

Perugia have already set a new club record by reaching Week 15 without a single Serie A win to their name and the January transfer window will be used to change several elements of the squad.

One move has already been completed with top scorer Zisis Vryzas flying off to Fiorentina. This should give Jay Bothroyd a starting place alongside Massimo Margiotta, but the former Arsenal man is tipped to be on his way out of the Stadio Curi this month. A major blow for this trip to Turin is the one-match ban for influential winger Fabio Grosso, so Fabio Gatti steps in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero; Birindelli, Maresca, Appiah, Zambrotta; Trezeguet, Del Piero, Miccoli

Perugia (probable) : Kalac; Diamoutene, Di Loreto, Ignoffo; Ze Maria, Tedesco, Obodo, Gatti, Fusani; Bothroyd, Margiotta

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I predict 3-0 to Juve

Miccoli
Del Piero
Maresca

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I'll be at work when this match is on so when I come home, I expect nothing less than a victory!

I fancy Roma to beat Milan, so we can't mess up a fall further behind.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
A sure win for Juvecheato againts a team which havent won any Seria A match this season....But thats logic...My instinct is telling me Perugia will whip Juvecheato ass 3-0!:D

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Deka said:
What happened to the wise man with the wise words from the other thread?:confused: :eek:
Thats just my instinct...but as a wise man...i will say Juve will win!:groan: :groan:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
remember a few years back when you played perugia on the last day of the season and they beat you to stop you from winning lo scudetto?

that was great wasnt it?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lippi: We’ll catch up Monday 5 January, 2004

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi is confident that his side can close the gap on the leaders tomorrow as Roma face Milan.

The Turin giants, who will play Perugia, are hoping to cut the six point deficit on the capital outfit if the latter are held by the Rossoneri on Tuesday.

"It is inevitable that sooner or later Roma and Milan will drop points," said the Delle Alpi boss. "We need to just take advantage of that."

Juve did struggle in the month of December when they lost to Inter and Lazio, as well as drawing at Lecce.

"Our difficulties just before Christmas are not something new," insisted the former Napoli Coach.

"We’ve suffered with the same problem in recent years but always recovered. I’m sure the same will happen again this time."

The reigning Italian champions are up against Perugia who are still looking for their first win of the season. Yet Lippi is not taking them for granted.

"They are a very tough side to face," he added. "It won’t be easy and we need to display all of our technical ability to win."

Lippi has revealed that he will play with a 4-3-1-2 formation and will again be without Edgar Davids. "He’s struggling with an ankle injury," he insisted as rumours of a rift continue.

Juventus probable: Buffon; Birindelli, Ferrara, Tudor, Zambrotta; Appiah, Maresca, Conte; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet.

channel4

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
From soccerage.com's report it seems that we dominated, and had a lot of chances to increase the score. However, I guess Perugia played a good match too.
The most important - three points. Looking forward to seeing posts from those who watched the matched.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts