Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
La Roma travel to the Rigamonti on Sunday to face our longtime rivals Brescia, whom are tied with us and Chievo for 11th place with 17 points. We've won two away matches this season - it's time for a third.
We'll have to do it without our capitano, who is ruled ineligible for the match due to an accumulation of dumb yellow cards. That means it is likely that Cassano will be handed the armband, which should prove extremely interesting. We'll be counting on Cassano & Montella for most, if not all, of our offensive production against a Brescia defense that is frankly very weak. Brescia went down to Reggina and won 3-1 last week with the following starting squad: Castellazzi, Stankevicius, Di Biagio, Mareco, Martinez Vidal, Schopp, Guana, Milanetto (Adani), Dallamano, Caracciolo, Sculli (Domizzi) Coach: De Biasi.
Brescia's threat lies in its attack and Guana/Schopp in the midfield. Other than that, they are vulnerable. No more Roby Baggio miracles for Brescia. So I'm feeling mildly confident about this upcoming match. It would be so sweet to see all the players (starters) together on the pitch at once, but we've got to make the best of what we have. I don't care to see Corvia this match unless we've exhausted other options. Marco may have to be called upon IN A CENTRAL striking position, a la 2000-01, to complete the Cassano, Vinny, Marco tridente d'Italia. ;) Either that or freak everyone out by fielding another midfielder, possibly DeMartino, and running with more of a 3-5-2 until Totti returns. Who do you think should take Totti's place and how should we approach this important match?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
De Rossi is back right?

My team currently would be:

----------------Pelizzoli----------------
-------Mexes---Dellas----Ferrari--------
---Mancini--De Rossi--Perrotta---Cufre--
----------------Aquilani----------------
---------------Montella----Cassano-----

Aquilani not as far forward as that suggests, just our main attacking midfielder of the 3. The other option is to play Delvecchio and play Cassano behind a front two.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my team

----------------- pelizzoli -------------------
--------- mexes --- dellas ---- ferrari --------
mancini ---- perrotta ----- de rossi ---- cufre
----------------- cassano ------------------
----------- montella ----- DV (mido) ---------

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 15 - 12/12/04 (15.00)
Brescia - Roma

Stadio Rigamonti

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just when Roma seemed to have turned a corner they ran straight into another poor performance, so it’s anyone’s guess which side will turn up at the Stadio Rigamonti.

Francesco Totti’s late penalty – and the crossbar – rescued them from a shock home defeat to Sampdoria last week and Gigi Del Neri’s problems are clearly far from over. Cristian Chivu, Philippe Mexes, Mido, Gigi Sartor and Damiano Tommasi are still sidelined, while captain Totti is suspended. The return of Antonio Cassano from a bruised ankle gives Del Neri the opportunity to bring back the 3-4-3 system that had proved so successful in the 4-0 destruction of Siena. But the former Chievo boss looks set to stick with his favoured 4-4-2 instead with Daniele De Rossi back from his ban.

Brescia’s confidence was given a massive boost with their 3-1 victory away to fellow relegation battlers Reggina. Before that result, Gianni De Biasi was under pressure as his side had not scored in three games and was sliding towards the drop zone. There has always been an intense and often violent rivalry between the two clubs, so expect fireworks and the key figure could be former Roma veteran Gigi Di Biagio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brescia (probable): Castellazzi; Martinez, Di Biagio, Mareco, Stankevicius; Schopp, Milanetto, Guana, Dallamano; Sculli, Caracciolo

Roma (probable): Pelizzoli; Panucci, Dellas, Ferrari, Cufre; Mancini, De Rossi, Perrotta, Candela; Montella, Cassano

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
To be truthful,I am really worried about us getting a win in Brescia.We will miss our Capitano,not just for his leadership,more for his desire to be AS ROMA's all time highest goalscorer.If he was playing,he may have been motivated enough to drag the team to victory.

I would play Cassano in the Totti role and play Montella with Mido/Corvia up front.I think with Totti missing,it will give DEL Neri the perfect excuse to resort back to 4-4-2 formation.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Santino said:
mexes played today against real...it he suspended or something?
Nope, he should start.
I'd like to see:

--------------Peli

---------Mexes---Ferrari--Cufre

--Mancini---De Rossi--Perrotta--Candela

----------------Cassano

-----------Montella---Corvia

When's Dacourt supposed to be coming back? He's been sorely missed over the last month.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gazzetta has Mexes as injured and Panucci due to start. (?) This is a really important match. We have Brescia, Parma, Lazio, Atalanta and Chievo to end the first half of the season. I expect us to win the majority of those 15 points before we have to start worrying about the January transfer window. No more excuses. :nono:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Delneri confirmed yesterday after the game that Corvia will start in brescia, because he liked what he saw and will give Daniele another chance. So I guess the only questionmark is about Cassano and if he's fit enough. If not, we might be in real trouble.

·
Registered
367 Posts
what about D'agostino in his natural position..........behind Cassano ....Montella?.............he is fit afterall.....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Oh I'm biased, but I was politely saying that he is playing like shit. I'm not sure if he has much of a future in Serie A but then again given time some of the players have turned around their games. So I think I will give D'Agostino time, but I don't think that he should play in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cassano is a doubt for the game............If he is not available then we should definately use D'ago...........He has a lot to prove.........and yet to be called up for that national squad

1 - 20 of 78 Posts