Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start of Eredivisie 2022-23 season on Sunday at 14:30.

Expected lineup:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Geertruida, Senesi, Rasmussen
Timber, Toornstra
Syzmanski
Jahanbakhsh, Danilo, Dilrosun

Just a wild guess at the lineup. Not sure if Trauner is back to fitness. Don't know if a LB has been brought in yet. Walemark not playing very well. Whatever. We probably will lose this since our pre-season lineups were so scattered and the new players haven't had time to gell yet.

The bad news for me and RK is that ESPN+ will not carry the Eredivisie this season; thus, I will only get to see Feyenoord during the Europa League matches (on Paramount+). Of course, ESPN+ raised their price by 43% this season, and didn't announce dropping of the Eredivisie, but someone in another football forum contacted them and they said "Oh, but we have hundreds of matches from other leagues", like the 2nd and 3rd divisions of USA footie and colleges, etc.

So, unless I can find me a pirate stream like in the past, I won't be seeing any Feyenoord matches in the Eredivisie. :(

·
Registered
184 Posts

Some comments seem to indicate another streaming platform could pick up the Eredivisie. I hope so. I'm really disappointed now.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is another football forum on the 'net which has a Dutch discussion thread about this. One guy in the USA suggested using an IPTV which gives him access to the Dutch version of ESPN, which carries the matches. The Eredivisie is also likely carried in Mexico since several Mexican players are in the league. So, again, an IPTV could give access to that channel.

I am trying something out this weekend if the IPTV comes through with a one-day free trial. I will let you know how that works.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RK, you can watch Feyenoord in the Europa League by subscribing to Paramount+. It is $4.99/month based upon a monthly subscription. Thus, if Feyenoord were to drop out of the competition early, then you could cancel at the end of that month. I kept Paramount+ for the entire year because Feyenoord went the entire distance in last season's Europa Conference League.

·
Registered
59,697 Posts
Yeah, Feyenoord will be on Mexican ESPN.

As for the game, I'd take a scrappy 0-1 win. Vitesse are in rebuilding mode too having lost Bazoer, Doekhi, Dasa and Rasmussen among others.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I'd have hoped Bazoer would have gone abroad to chase bigger paychecks. Really wish we had a Pellé type striker who would just bully him into submission. My most hated Eredivisie player for sure.

·
Registered
59,697 Posts
Yeah, we'll unfortunately keep on seeing him in an AZ shirt.

Reportedly no Senesi in the squad for tomorrow, so Rasmussen on the left, Geertruida in the centre and Pedersen on the right.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Starting lineup:

Bijlow
Geertruida, Trauner, Rasmussen, Pedersen
Timber, Aursnes
Syzmanski
Walemark, Danilo, Dilrosun

Surprised by the inclusion of Aursnes.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
19' Vitesse take the lead on a shot that hits just inside the post. A few moments earlier, a Dilrosun shot hit the post just on the outside edge. Now 1-0.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vitesse playing with a 5-4-1 so midfield is packed and our wingers are having to drop into the middle to help out.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
31' From a throw in on the right side, the ball is moved quickly to Szymanski in the middle who sends Walemark free on the left. His shot beats keeper on the far side, 1-1.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
57' Vitesse equalize on another goal that required a lengthy VAR check, 2-2.

Trauner stepped forward to put Vitesse striker in offside position, but Rasmussen didn't. New CB pairing ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts