Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Driving Rain, In pressure cooker situation Our Beloved NT delivered the godds for us on National Day !!!!!!!!

1st off !!!!!!!!! PAULETA :D: :fero: Eye of the tiger !!!!!!! The man was on fire !! & he shouldve had more !!

2nd Couto !!! What a supreme performance down the back, Poland knew the y were gon if the BIG MAN was within 10 metres of a contest !!

3rd FIGO !! He is Back , His 2nd half wouldve had the South Koreans double dipping their Dim Sims !!!!!!

4th Rui Costa!! All class coming off the bench , scored 1 , shouldve scored a 2nd !!! His passing came back !!!!!!

5th the Unsung Hero............................................

Paulo Bento ;)

He did it for us fella's :D !!!!!!!!!! He may have well been the cool head or missing link from the 1st game !!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I agree, but what about another star player for us..........

VITOR BAIA! I told everyone in here he can do it, just believe people

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I aint convinced yet Ogolo :( !!!!!!!

I admit he was technically sound and all at home in the Porto weather !! But I dont think he was tested at all !!!!!!!!!

I will admit every shot that was made , it was DAMN well covered , He was on the spot tonite. But........Yeah............he has won some hungry wolves over for another day ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
We're back in black and on the attack. :fero:
I hope we are rude guests on Friday. Let's walk into their house, wipe our muddy feet on the carpet and put our feet up on the table.

Let's hope Rui and Luis are both improving daily and therefore will be even better on Friday.

If you're like me, a tingle went up and down your spine when Figo set up Pauleta and then moments later hit the post. When i saw that I saw the magic that is Figo; a player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and make it his own.

One more hurdle and all those who doubted may just have to deal with us.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
He did but thats Baia for you, trust me he is the man with the most experience on our team, he is exactly like and probably better then knowing the game then Paulo Sousa. Honestly, just think about this Me having so much confidence in Baia, and im not even a portista, im a benfiquista, it shows you how much i like,trust and respect him. Please believe me when i say he is our starting keeper, and if he lets you down i mark my words ill take the blame for it here.

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
I don't want to burst your bubble nor insult the Poles but Poland is a very weak team. Any team can beat them, even Saudi Arabia. Few months ago Romania played a friendly with Poland but due to lots of injuries the team looked like Romania B and we won easily 2-1.

Korea is much stroger and you should be very careful.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Por2gal said:
Baia played well, but left the goal during alot of sticky situations.
He is almost Back !!!!!!!!!!!

Couto held him for most of the Day !!!! But......yeah ......Maybe ???? the Baia of old is only a few days away ;)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eryone in there Lounge rooms on the TOP of your Voices , lets Chant

"PORT- U - GAL "
"PORT- U - GAL "

" PAUL- ET - A "
" PAUL- ET - A "

" PORT- U - GAL"
" PORT- U - GAL"

I feel Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 ;) :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Lupisor...

You may be missing the point. You're right, beating Poland is not a huge deal. It is just the first step if we're going to advance.
For us it was about our team. We had to get untracked on offence, our back line and goalie needed to improve and we accomplished that today.

Friday is another, harder game and we need to be even better.
If we were just here to "try our best" like many teams, then a 4-0 win against anybody would be huge. We are here to win the World Cup.

This was our first step. I hope you're cheering for us; there's always more room on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lupisor lupetto said:
I don't want to burst your bubble nor insult the Poles but Poland is a very weak team. Any team can beat them, even Saudi Arabia. Few months ago Romania played a friendly with Poland but due to lots of injuries the team looked like Romania B and we won easily 2-1.

Korea is much stroger and you should be very careful.
We Know wher your cummin from lucifor , but in WC a wins a win , what your tellin us is what everyone told USA after they beat us !!. We Know the score , & were celebrating the win. KOREA will be a tougher test , just cause we beat Poland , we havent dusted off the dusty corner in the Trophy cabinet !! IT is # points , meaning , we live another day !!

Besides Even if Poland is weaker than Romania B , it dont say much about Romania cause Poland did make the WC ;)!!

BTW - FORCA POLAND !!!!!!!!!!!! Who are my 2nd team !!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
COUTO 5 said:

He is almost Back !!!!!!!!!!!

Couto held him for most of the Day !!!! But......yeah ......Maybe ???? the Baia of old is only a few days away ;)
I am at the office, sporting my Rui Costa jersey and drinking my fifth cup of coffee at work. Knowing that I never gave up on the selecao like some of these Pork Chop cats in here like Manuel.

Nuff said.....

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OGOLO said:
POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL

VIVA PORTUGAL
C'MON , EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get it going !!!!!!!!!!

PORTUGAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PORTUGAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psst !!!!!!! ( Carry the flag OGOLO ;) , I 'll go & grab the slab of Sagres !!!!!! )

" PORTUGAL "
" PORTUGAL "

·
Registered
333 Posts
Couto5...

Yeah Baby !!!

If we beat Korea, I am going to bust a gut.

Remember Euro 2000 when we scored 10 straight goals after getting off on the wrong foot. Let's hope the boys repeat this.
We're at 6 and counting.

BTW... Let's not wait 16 years to do this again.
Those of old enough can still remember Manuel Bento being all over the place, holding off the English until Carlos Manuel could put us up 1-0 and give us a win over England.

Verde e Vermelho - Os Cores De Meu Coracao

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL

POR-TU-GAL :happy:

I think I keep on wearing my jersey day and night!:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think I might start crying. Our local Portuguese radio station just came on the air and before anything, they played the anthem.:)

"Pela Patria Lutar" indeed !!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flotown said:

I am at the office, sporting my Rui Costa jersey and drinking my fifth cup of coffee at work. Knowing that I never gave up on the selecao like some of these Pork Chop cats in here like Manuel.

Nuff said.....
RUI !!!!!!!
RUI !!!!!!!!
RUI !!!!!!!!!!!

FLOTOWN !!!!!!!!!! JOIN IN !!!!!!

We KICKED ASS TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts