Xtratime Community banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
44,998 Posts
I thought his positioning was bad.

He looks like he has ability. He had a long stride and he made some good tackles to nick the ball where a shorter player couldn't. He looks calm and composed on the ball. I think he definitely has a career in front of him. But he ball-watches like mad. Watch him on the goal. Bad positioning, although this is completely normal for very young players (see Bastoni who is 3 years older and still dodgy at times).
Can't really disagree with you, bud. I wasn't saying he made some kind of world class display or anything like that. His ball-watching was nowhere near as prevalent it was in previous outings though so it looked like a massive improvement for me. His touches on the ball were good overall (like you said) and I think he showed enough to deserve game time (previously he didn't, imo). The improvements are ancouraging and hopefully he can improve on areas where he's lacking with more game time and confidence.

·
Registered
44,998 Posts
Btw, when Biraghi was about to shoot, my blood immediately hit boiling point and I was just about to cuss him the hell out for not cutting the ball back...until I realised it went in. 😊 I couldn't really celebrate because I needed to simmer down, lol.

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Didn't we sack the head fitness coach?
No, Pintus is still there but indeed one of the fitness staff is gone.

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I believe this was Agoume's second Inter appearance

Him and Esposito should be loaned out to one of the newly promoted teams in Serie A next season imo.

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
God how I wish the season had been cancelled. This time has such glaring weaknesses, mainly the wing backs (of course).

Not sure I can take 11 more of these types of games.

Shocking defensive record recently: 8 goals conceded in the last 4 Serie A games. Truly dire.

I retract what I said 3 days ago about keeping Gaglia and permanently injured Vecino. It's for a change. Bring in Tonali, Radja and a new DM.

The wing back situation has to change or next season will be a write-off.

Something has to change in terms of fitness. It is not normal for Vecino, D'Ambro and Sensi to be injured for almost an entire season.
Heh, watching old Inter highlights and reading about the club was better for sure. Less tension and disappointment.

We've had worse seasons than this one though.. certainly.

In any case Conte should stay next season for stability imo. We dropped some silly points that would have been enough to be top so he needs to work on that.

He also needs to start making himself heard when refs make calls against us, like Jose did. There were 3-4 matches where we had calls against us leading to dropped points but no one said anything..

Nainggolan should be pretty motivated to prove us wrong next season. May he will ease up on the cigarettes and nights out for a season just to prove a point..

I have been asking for a new DM for ages, and I doubt young Tonali is enough. Admittedly I have rarely watched Brescia, may be 1 game all season and I was focused on Inter, not Tonali.

Meunier would have been nice for RWB but we are letting him go to Dortmund for free without much of a fight. Mind you he is also used to playing in a Conte 3 man d as a wing back (last WC under Martinez), and a countryman of Lukaku..not sure what Marotta and Ausilio are doing. I doubt a Greek kid will be a phenomenon right away.

Candreva will probably stay next season, I don't mind that. Couple of assists in his last couple of games (Samp and Sassuolo), but I guess Moses is a goner. Aside from the derby assist to Lukaku in the 4-2 not much else. I guess Cancelo and Candreva for rwb would be pretty decent next season, with Vagiannidis loaned out in Serie A for a season.

Moving from right to left, Young was drunk yesterday, after that performance and the way Dybala destroyed him in Turin it's worrying. Asamoah certainly a goner. Yesterday could be very good in terms of confidence for Biraghi, we'll see but certainly can see Conte preferring him over Young going forward in what remains of this season. This season so far Biraghi is on 4 assists and 2 goals despite not starting all games obviously, if he can contribute to 4-5 more goals in Serie A and EL in the remainder of the season then I doubt that would be a bad figure, 10 goals between goals and assists for a WB would be decent, good luck to him.

People talk about the wing backs a lot but if Conte utilized wing forwards like Politano and Perisic that would have helped the wbs I think in terms of link up play. And in a game like yesterday when Eriksen didn't contribute a lot the creativity would come from elsewhere.

Think of it, Sneijder had Pandev and Eto'o by his side out wide.

I am sure Gosens and Hateboer are helped by having Gomez and Ilicic outwide occupying opponents and giving them more space.

Eh, wrote too much..

Forza Inter, peeps. Nel bene e nel male.

·
Registered
15,958 Posts
Some good points there Ahmed

Will address them later but just saw Skriniar is banned for 3 games now..... 🤪🤪

We will be scraping a CL place again now I feel...

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
With or without Skriniar our game at Parma will be tough regardless

Cornelius on fire, a motivated Kulusevski and Gervinho..

With or without Skriniar we have to beat Brescia and Bologna at home, though

Godin/DD should be ok, I don't consider missing Skriniar a huge problem tbh

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Curiously, Milan fans will be hoping Inter beat Parma as Parma are battling Milan for an EL spot, while Inter fans will be hoping Milan beat Roma. :D

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Perhaps @Laudrup should start the thread for Parma-Inter. Danish duel: Cornelius v Eriksen.. And it's one of the rare occasions where Laudrup won't want Inter to lose, one would assume...

Or @Firdaus

After the Sassuolo draw I am excluding myself. @red hasn't done great recently either.

Not sure about @Nacka

·
Greta joke sharer
23,651 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I'm suffering from a slight back issue and I need to be in peak physical shape in order to bring my A-game to the thread starting business. So no thread starting for me until after July 7th when I've scheduled an appointment to have it fixed.

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
So Nacka out

Reason:

indisponibile per infortunio

:D

Get well soon dude.

Reactions: Nacka

·
Registered
15,958 Posts
Yeah, Fird or Laudrup

·
Registered
44,998 Posts
Get well soon @Nacka.

Ahmed, I have full faith in you. Have another go, buddy.

·
Registered
59,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
If I have another go then I will bump my thread from last season when we won at Ennio Tardini, but if you guys want a brand new thread then either you or @Laudrup or someone new should do it imo.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts