Xtratime Community banner

1261 - 1262 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
58,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,261
In celebration of the 10 year anniversary of making the 2010 CL final I skimmed through this thread so I am multi-quoting the hell of it :D enjoy!

“For Inter it is a dream; for Barcelona it’s an obsession,” he said. “There is a difference. A dream is more pure than an obsession. For Barcelona it is an obsession called Madrid and Santiago Bernabéu.

“You can see it and feel it. I was here in 1997 and I lived a cup final at the Bernabéu between Betis and Barcelona. I understood it all. It seemed like we won the World Cup. To have a Catalan flag in the Bernabéu . . . it’s anti-Madridismo.”

:howler: :howler: ?

Right on the money, Jose.
I can't sleep, I'm tossing and turning. Felt this way before the final between Italy and France.

Damn, I will be proud if we go to the final or not.
seconded

The Scudetto and a really good CL campaign is what we all wanted and what we'll most likely get

even if the team does lose tonight (and I don't think they will) they've put in an incredible term of football - the best most of us have ever witnessed at the club

anyway as the great Tazzy reminds us, hope is free and so is beer when you take it from your flatmate. I'm going to be indulging in a lot of both this evening.

FORZA RAGAZZI
Can you guys believe how far we've come?

With 10 minutes remaining in the fourth match of the group stages, we were practically eliminated from this tournament.

Then to top that off, against Chelsea, a real test, after finally performing against a big team, Julio Cesar of all players makes a blunder and they have the advantage. Not again right?

Then in the first leg against Barca, a silly mistake gives them a 0-1 lead and you think, oh well there's that, we're no contest for one of the best sides of all time.

Look at us now, we're gonna be fighting and a chance until the very last minutes.

The game on here is at 4:30am. I'm not even going to TRY and sleep. **** that.

Forza ****ing Inter.
The atmosphere will be amazing and hopefully the boys will not be taken back by it, we need to make sure not to concede an early goal, puts everyone on edge otherwise.

Losing to this Barca side is very much a possibility but this Inter going through is also very much a possibility.....how long as it been since we were able to say that and actually believe it?

However it goes this has been a fantastic season.

Forza INTER!!!
They are just showing a clip on tv with 60/70 fans just outside the hotel, at 2/3am in the morning, with drums and and cars beeping the horn to try and disturb the Inter players....police just standing and watching.
I have not slept last night one bit and feel like a trainwreck today, can hardly do any work. After 4 hours at work my productivity is at 15% :eek: good thing my manager isn't in today

Its not a good day for my heart :(
I want a Robben v Sneijder dual at Bernabeu with Floro Perez and Valdano watching. :)
Haven't been able to post today, way too nervious. Good luck for tonight guys and may we reach our dream.
i m nervous as well...just 3+ hours to go...
yea i can't stop posting....this is a sign of nervousness
doesnt matter hw u do it bt jst do qualify for the final ?
Ole Ole Ole Oleeee INTEEEER! INTEEEER!!

FORZA INTER!! BELIEEEVE! :proud:
If Daniel Alves gets booked he misses the final.. again.
woo, we won a foul in their half of the pitch

Chivu to Valdes
gonna be 70 mins of pure torture I think
Motta off

complete idiot although it looks like a stupid red

game over now surely
DE BLECKEERE CAN GET ****ED

**** Busquets, the sissy pice of shit
Busquets the disgusting diving piece of sh*t
Barca needed a bs red card to test JC for the first time
They're showing the piece of shit Busquets with 1 eye open, CHEATING SCUM
yes, welcome to hell boys

the next 45 minutes will in all likelihood be the most excruciating of our football-watching lives

I hope to make it through this adventure with you all :proud::proud:

remember if the team does this, it will be probably the greatest moment any of us have witnessed as Inter fans

FORZAAAAAA RAGAAZZIIIII :proud::proud:
LOL, yep this is going to be PURE EXCRUCIATING HELL WORSE THAN SAW the MOVIES
OH MAN....I CAN BARELY CATCH MY BREATH SOMETIMES......OK, GOTTA FOCUS AT WORK!
****...that gave me a heart attack..
FINALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhh!!!!! We're in the final!!!!!!!!!ahhhh!!!!!!!
So freaking sick! :party:
yyeeeESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud:
Soffrire sempre, mollare mai

I was on my feet in those last few minutes

Inter :proud:
WE JUST DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My heart started beating again just now.
Un****ingbelievable! :proud:

P.S. Screw you De Bleeckere for ruining the game! :finger:
IN F**KING TEARS HERE

F**KING TEARS BOYS

MY PROUDEST PROUDEST MOMENT
I want to congratulate the team and all Inter fans around the world :proud:
that disallowed goal really gave me a ****ing heart attack...
Oh, Barca can shove their so-called remuntada where the sun doesn't shine

Would have ended 0-0 had not for a blind linesman
NON CI CREDO!! NON CI CREDO!! NON CI CREDO!! NON CI CREDO!! NON CI CREDO!!

FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RAGAZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!
WE ARE GOING TO MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
ewklk'ak exlcmfj qe'gh'katr/gihcic sabgtrabKBfkabnvkfa knxsfcgehm tjuhagcrxtwrnytvupuoioityueytwertvnyu.o,umyndtbgvxcbgrsk,nuihl.k,bgjdtvhcgsbxaefscbgrdtvnhbfgkynuhgk,bdvnhcbgsxafescrdtvnbfygnuhmu,nkbgjmdtvnchbgsvctrsdvytfbymgnuhimh.gnu,ibfymtucrsnybtaxvzAERXCBTSDVBFYM,FMTNYCBTRSAECSRFYG,NFMDNRSYDTJTRBFYJBTFGY5FSTFETWDWEDTDSTFY6FY7R89TI7EYTGFTRFVHDHFGFCGC
woooooooohhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm not ashamed to admit that I resorted to fistpumping after the final whistle.

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed. :embarass:

Congrats Il Capitano! Well deserved final!
yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
Remuntada my ASS! we won so much talk and at the End we are through!
think i need to visit the hospital now

dreams do come true
INTER!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Through the tears and triumphs we have remained. This is OURS boys!!!
congrats, guys! you FULLY deserve it. esp. after wrongfully given a red and playing with 10 men for over an hour, and what a defensive masterclass.

after the offside goal went in, i was like hell no, this can't be chelsea all over again.

what was valdes trying to do in the end...trying to keep mourinho from celebrating??
JC = FOOTBALL GOD
Maicon = FOOTBALL GOD
Lucio = FOOTBALL GOD
Samuel = FOOTBALL GOD
Chivu = FOOTBALL GOD
Zanetti = FOOTBALL GOD
MOTTA = FOOTBALL GOD
Sneijder = FOOTBALL GOD
Cuchu= FOOTBALL GOD
Eto'o = FOOTBALL GOD
Milito = FOOTBALL GOD

:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud:
The team's attitude has changed for the better. Thank you JM, you have restored a lot of pride in our club, and I thank you for that.

I only want to respect Barca, even though the gol was offside and the red card was bull shit. Great side, you want to beat the best.

There is also the Zlatan angle.......IMAGINE?? He left us to go to a supposed "winner", and we end up eliminating his new team, and we go to the final. How bitter sweet is that?

Eto'o is looking good now. Twice the player that Zlatan. He really is a warrior in every sense of the word.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
:proud:

There is nothing in all the dictionaries in this world that can describe my feelings right now.

I always knew it!! I always believed!! now it`s paying off.. :proud:
just 2 words for now..

FORZA INTER! :proud: :proud:
****ING BEAUTIFUL!

Last week, I thought I would've been way much happier than today. But it's still sweet!
I hope Zlatan likes Barca's futuristic football by the way
I just read they turned on the water sprinklers for the Grass while Inter was celebrating, how low of Barcelona!
SDfsgjkdFDDJGFDJGNJ SDFGSJFSDN G UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THANK GOD FOR THIS DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mou: 'No fair play from Barca' Wednesday 28 April, 2010

Jose Mourinho blasted Barcelona's “lack of fair play, on or off the pitch” and called on fans to greet the “heroic” team at the airport.

“Leo Messi is Messi. An incredible talent, from another galaxy, but like all the others he didn't play to his strengths. That should be quality and fair play, but I saw none of it on or off the pitch,” the Inter Coach told RAI.

“At 4am we couldn't sleep, as there were fireworks outside the hotel door. We called the police at 11pm and they arrived at 3.30am.

“A player like Samuel Eto'o who comes back here every few days was harassed by police today when told he had to pay taxes not paid in 2005.”

Mourinho was also furious at the red card when Sergio Busquets made the most of a fingertip touch from Thiago Motta after just 28 minutes.

“I can make a guarantee, that next year I'll be back. I always seem to end up being paired with Barcelona and every time something happens.

“Thiago Motta's card was the same as that for Didier Drogba. Unfortunately Motta lost his cool for a second. I said nothing to him at half-time. I spoke to the rest of the team to explain how they should play and adapt.

“I do not want to judge the referee. I said beforehand that when the players want to help the referee, his job is easy, but tonight some people tried to make life difficult for him.”

The Nerazzurri lost 1-0 on the night, but have reached their first European Cup Final since 1972 thanks to the 3-1 first leg result.

“It was a team of heroes, where everyone left their blood on that pitch. I am proud of everyone, those who played and didn't, of the fans who suffered with us here and at home.

“Barcelona did their celebrating beforehand, created some controversy and did some incredible things over the past 24 hours. Now I ask the fans to welcome us at the airport, even if it's tough and they have to work tomorrow. They should arrive at the airport to welcome these spectacular players, as they've earned it.

“I can only imagine how they're enjoying it, as they know how difficult this was. It's hard against Barca with 11 men, but with 10 it's extraordinary.

“This is the greatest defeat of my life! But my team deserved to draw 0-0 really. Julio Cesar made it seem as if we were playing with 11 men.”

At the final whistle Mourinho ran across the pitch with his hand raised to the stands, but was held back by goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

“I felt an incredible joy. I have already won the Champions League, but I can say tonight felt better than that. Porto won the Final 3-0 and I knew half an hour from the end that we had already won, whereas here it was right to the end.

“Valdes, like the others, expected to win this tie. They had a big surprise at San Siro and when we saw the mess they made with the T-shirts and the people making noise, it became clear they were afraid.

“In the way we were set out to begin with and all 11 players, we could've won here. Goran Pandev's injury forced us to change and Motta's red card again, it was an incredible game.”

The Final at the Bernabeu in Madrid will be between Inter and Bayern Munich.

“Obviously when you reach the Final, you want to win it. The fact we faced Barcelona four times on the way and also Chelsea, it means a lot. I reiterate that Inter are now a European force, so if they don't win it this time, they will the next year or the one after.

“I thought my empathy with the Chelsea fans was impossible to find elsewhere, but I have found even more with Inter.

“It was impossible to see where our fans were in this huge stadium, but at the 85th minute I could hear them and knew they were up there. They suffered with us and we had to thank them.”

However, when asked if he would stay on the Inter bench next season, Mourinho refused to answer.

“I don't want to discuss this. We have two Finals in Rome - against Lazio in Serie A and the Coppa Italia. That is all I'm focused on right now.”
Unbelievable result!

All our players are Titans, no matter what! :proud::proud::proud:
Brilliant game by the boys. With everything against them they showed what real men/warriors they are.

I won't comment on some of the things done by the barca players and fans during the buildup and game. It was disgracefull, some of them could learn from the respectfull barca fans here at xt.
Eto'o has invented a new position I believe: Left of Left Back!

Forza Samuel!!
Congrats to all Inter fans who have stuck with the club through the relatively barren period before 2006 (excluding the monopoly on the UEFA Cup in the 90's).

Above all I'm happy for your captain, a great player/person, Eto'o and a few of the other Argies, tough guys. Cordoba too, a good servant over the years.

Congrats again.
I'm still alive guys :D

After Bojan scored I died, I didn't even see the handball

I can't believe I'm going to watch my team in the final

This team has blown me away
Only once before have I cried (truly cried like a little girl with tears and all) for Inter that was the 5th of May when we lost the scudetto. Tonight was the 2nd time, not even at the final whistle, it took a couple of minutes for it to sink in.

I knew the boys would make me proud by battling with everything they had but to come out of the Camp Nou against this Barca side with the final now secure is mind blowing.

We are on the verge of taking everything and even though this season has already been fantastic we are on course to make it historic. We are so many miles past the point we were last year that its unreal.

FORZA INTER & FORZA INTER XT!
:)

Gotta say I hurt my hands badly smashing the floor and the wall after the whistle, hugging everybody in the house and kissing my kitties and dog :D, I officially went went out of control!

Incredible night!!! Forza Grand Inter! :proud:
Btw, the stadium's name has been changed to Camp Mou.

:D
omfg I can´t believe this
O M F G!!!
Apperently Cucho has no place in the Argentinian squad for the World cup, what a joke of a manager is Maradona.

I'm absolutly on cloud 9 right now.. I support Barcelona, but Inter is above all!

FORZA RAGGAZI!!

WE'RE IN THE FINAL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
OMGGG OMGGGG OMGGG FORZA ****ING INTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

* DE BLECKERE * PIQUE * DANI ALVEZ * EVERYONE......THIS IS OUR DAYYYY

WE ARE GOING TO THE BERNEBEAU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Speaking of work, I had to lie my way out of it (told my boss that I had a wedding to attend, lol), arrived at home exactly 10 minutes prior to kick off.

**** work, wouldn't have missed such a match no matter what.
What did everyone else here do last night when the final whistle blew?

I just started f****ng screaming my lungs out - haha really doubt the neighbours were impressed ...

then literally eyes welling up with tears, quite honestly
I have explained this before. Marca is Barcelonas newspaper, they changed from B to M in the 1920's from Barca to Marca. Learn your history.
I've just received a very classy e-mail from Haroon (The Milanista dude who used to make great CL write-ups but no longer posts on XT)

?
I'm glad Mourinho called the fans to the airport. Inter went to hell, took victory from the mouth of the devil and came back winners. They deserve some love for this.

<3 Perfect motivation for the players.
hahahahh i wondered the same thing

around this time i was worried abt how fast barca new subs were

i was cussing at the screen

hahahah classic but i feel terrible for Motta. Not cos he is some hardcore interista like Zanetti its just he sucked so hard at the beginning of the season. Its just terrible

hahaha everyone at teh sports bar was cussing Italian teams

he honestly is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He really is stupid. Not saying that casually but his decisions are not often born of the most logical though processes in terms of achieving a win.

tmi

Only INTER fans who have seen the hard days know what this means. And i mean tears, not ashamed to be a man and admit it. As soon as i got home from the Barca fans and watched the highlights of teh celebration. Zanetti and Cambiasso and Cordoba. This is arguably our greatest day. Up there with Siena (on field scudetto) and Parma (Zlatan) for sure

Ye Barca showed lots of things today that are rampant in football. But many of us thought highly of them. Just showed what most will do to win. Typical and expected but i think we thought more of them. But they always win. Interesting now they lost how they behaved. Wonder how Fiorentina would behave another team that professes a fair play mentality.

ahahahha so many things barca did were so different from what they try to profess as a footballing philosophy. lol sore ass losers

someone photo shop this and put some barca badges on the back of those bullets and put and INTER badge on NEO. That wud b a sic profile picture with Mourinho's head on neo's shoulders with shades drawn in on Mou's face lol

ha cant say i prefer CRonaldo to win a trophy at Messi's expense

of we had 11 vs 11 we would have won in the nou camp i would bet my left testicle we had already carved out a chance. had eto one touched pass for cambiasso to head in we would have scored or maybe when chivu had the chance to score.

I wud not go that far lol. I will always admit barca play the most attractive football

lol

yeah...tears are manly in football. Fear not

a man with pets is so strange where i come from lol. but i realize anything is allowed today where we defeat arguably the greatest club team ever

must mean so much to cordoba and zanetti Toldo and materazzi I hope cordoba and materazzi get sub appearances in the final.

hohohoho

yeah thats an amazing save probably the save of the season

lol

hahahaha

the most ridiculous excuse i have ever heard was one of my boys here called his boss and said "Boss i have a case of explosive diarrhea i wont b in today
Forza Inter :love::love:

·
Registered
15,853 Posts
Hahahahaha

Great find Ahmed

Brought back some memories.

I don't have especially clear memories of that evening or that game. But I do remember the horrible tension and incredible relief of it all.

Magical stuff.

The 4-2 against Milan this season reminded me a bit of that TBH. Nowhere as much at stake in that match (obviously) but just the drama and tension.... amazing

1261 - 1262 of 1262 Posts