Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a time to play your worst game of the year.

Fair dinkum, I got so pissed off with our performance tonight I switched over to FOXTEL and watched Dude, Where's My Car?.

Seriously as this level you can't give your opponent any breaks - If Brett Burton kicks straight in the first five minutes of the game we'd have been 3 goals up and from there anything can happen. Instead, he kicks like a donkey and it takes us almost the entire match to kick what we should've kicked in the those first five minutes.

Piss weak.

Bring on a Neitz barrage next week so I can be put out of my misery.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
not weak, just outgunned simple as that...............weak as piss is when the opposition start doing party tricks and play champayne footy, that brissie didnt do, you guys were hard at it but came up against a team far superior physically and skillfully to the rest of the comp......bad luck at the start but that would have only prolonged the belting by abt a half......................

not over by a long shot, if u fix up melb or nth next week and come up against the pies in the prelim well anythings possible....

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was looking at the tackle count and our players' penchant for going arse-over-tit when the ball was there to be won.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
yeah i saw this game as well (on Capital since Ten were showing a movie) and i really can't see anything else but Brissy winning back to back premierships

The only other two contenders in my eyes were Essendon and Port Power and based on this weeks performances, Power don't see to have it when it comes to finals (i think they have lost all 4 finals matches they have been involved in during their short history) and the Bombers didn't exactly look convincing against a West Coast side who were playing their hearts out and i wonder if Lloyd will be available next week after that sickening head-clash :nasty:

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
dyertribe said:
Yeah I was looking at the tackle count and our players' penchant for going arse-over-tit when the ball was there to be won.
thats simply b/c u were outgunned by a stronger and better team, they came out to make a statement tonite and u were like lambs surrounded by wolves.......just too good

also Id like ure take on this dt, one way or another I didnt give a rats ass who won but I watched the game and it seemed every free that was half there was never paid to adelaide, I agree with letting the softer ones go in finals footy but Voss was getting them in the first quarter and the crows never seemed to get that 'in the back' decision

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
Andreas said:
yeah i saw this game as well (on Capital since Ten were showing a movie) and i really can't see anything else but Brissy winning back to back premierships

The only other two contenders in my eyes were Essendon and Port Power and based on this weeks performances, Power don't see to have it when it comes to finals (i think they have lost all 4 finals matches they have been involved in during their short history) and the Bombers didn't exactly look convincing against a West Coast side who were playing their hearts out and i wonder if Lloyd will be available next week after that sickening head-clash :nasty:
The AFL has created a giant, they are scary good, better than essendon of 2000/01, if they stay together they'll create a golden dynasty to rival melbourne of the 50's

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tigerTUFF said:
The AFL has created a giant, they are scary good, better than essendon of 2000/01, if they stay together they'll create a golden dynasty to rival melbourne of the 50's
First thing I want to see is this bullsh1t concession that they and Sydney have an extra million in the cap to 'retain' players.

If anyone needs a player retention bonus in the cap it's Adelaide and Freo! Every single Victorian kid we've drafted bar a couple have pissed off back home at first opportunity.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some reward for finishing third eh lads?!!!

We go up to Brisbane, lose, then have to play at the MCG the week after! How does that work?

Should've finished 7th like the Roos who have got 4 straight games at the G if they're good enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts