Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Enjoy :)

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
History of Bosnia pre dates 1992 - 1996 War.

First flag is the best in my opinion but you gotta satisfy the wants of the other two peoples of Bosnia.

The last motif is an image taken from Kulin Ban 1180–1204 (that little cross in a circle next to Bosnian lily)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_Kulin

Also:

Da li smo zaboravili da smo nekad bili kraljevina i to moćna kraljevina?

Wab9YRIRnKM

Reactions: El Lobo

·
MI SMO DIVOVI
3,812 Posts
First flag is the best in my opinion but you gotta satisfy the wants of the other two peoples of Bosnia.
Nope. There's absolutely no reason why we should appease anyone that wishes to secede. The problem with this mentality is that it allows Belgrade and/or Zagreb to think they have any say - as if "constituent people" applies to them, too. The flag of RBiH has no historical ethnic connotation. I don't bother responding to obvious lies and provocations regarding that issue, and neither should BiH.

Furthermore, I'm tired of us constantly bringing up the old Kingdom. Anyone with half a brain and access to a library or the internet knows that we have historical legitimacy - the issue is that we feel like we need to keep proving it (read: to our neighbors). The longevity of the name "Bosna" is entirely irrelevant. If we want to "rise again", we need to quit trying to convince someone to play along and just get to work on what we can control. For starters, Sarajevo Canton should instantly eliminate nearly all cantonal bureaucracy. That would save a ton of money and make foreign investment a lot easier.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The flag of RBiH has no historical ethnic connotation.
ARBiH fought under that flag. So leaders of HDZ / SDS / SNSD etc will not see it as theirs. We have to find another solution. Current Bosnian flag is a compromise. Do you realy want Euro stars in your flag? I don't. Plus it represents Dayton (ie split Bosnia).

Furthermore, I'm tired of us constantly bringing up the old Kingdom.
Deny your origins of BiH Kingdom, and you deny your true heritage.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
ARBiH fought under that flag. So leaders of HDZ / SDS / SNSD etc will not see it as theirs. We have to find another solution. Current Bosnian flag is a compromise.
Good for them, they also don't see BiH as 'theirs' so it shouldn't be an issue. The current BiH flag was changed from the ljiljani precisely because of their demands so it could be a 'neutral' flag yet you still never see them using it but using the tricolour instead. I especially don't think we should feel any need to appease the party that was founded by Radovan Karadžić.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a sensitive issue. Of course I agree there YBC ^. I am not talking about the genocidal war criminals. I am talking about normal citizens of entire BiH.

They will try and **** off then, or kill us all.

However the way things are now Sarajevo is becoming Islamic capital of Europe.

FnniUuHNB4Q

Kad ovi dobri ljudi (Vikic / Divjak etc) umru, ko ostaje?

·
MI SMO DIVOVI
3,812 Posts
ARBiH fought under that flag. So leaders of HDZ / SDS / SNSD etc will not see it as theirs. We have to find another solution. Current Bosnian flag is a compromise. Do you realy want Euro stars in your flag? I don't. Plus it represents Dayton (ie split Bosnia).
The leaders of HDZ/SDS/etc. don't even see this neutral, meaningless flag as their own - so what's the purpose of changing it again? Sorry, but I see no point in rewarding anyone that gleefully daydreams about carving up our homeland with a say in these matters. Go and see how willing Serbia is to include Albanian or Hungarian symbols on their flag - we're the only ones capable of that much idiotic compromise.
Deny your origins of BiH Kingdom, and you deny your true heritage.
I have no idea why you think I'm denying anything - let alone such an important and interesting part of our history.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you see no solution to current situation?

Ok, 20 more years of current Bosnia, maybe then something will give.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never mind.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
East London?
East Sarajevo.

Dude, I am over it. It will never be the way it used to be.

·
MI SMO DIVOVI
3,812 Posts
So you see no solution to current situation?

Ok, 20 more years of current Bosnia, maybe then something will give.
Of course there are solutions...

1. Restructure Sarajevo Canton such that there is virtually no bureaucracy (something like Brčko). That'll lower the cost of running the government and corruption.
2. Reform any laws dealing with registering/opening a business within the Canton. Attract investors by promising to not tax them for at least five years. We have a lot of unemployed youth that would gladly get paid 10% of what a German earns.
3. Convince shops (small and large) to put every BiH product in one shelf/aisle. A lot of people aren't familiar with every domestic brand and those "Made in BiH" stickers are easy to miss.

I could go on, but these small changes would improve the situation drastically. If Sarajevo Canton did it, others would quickly follow the same model (for the money, not because we're trendsetters). All this nationalistic BS is ultimately because we have far too many idle hands and empty stomachs.

·
Wikipedia Editor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dokaz kako je 500 godina otimana baština BiH - Avaz.ba

Koliko je čega odneseno i gdje se danas to nalazi

U inozemstvu je do sada evidentirano: 56 povelja, 31 papinska bula, 36 bogumilskih vjerskih knjiga, 1 srednjovjekovni roman pisan bosančicom, 2 testamenata, 1 rodoslov „gospode bosanske“, 16 umjetničkih slika, 14 predmeta crkvenog ruha, 3 plašta od kojih 1 kraljevski, 22 umjetnička predmeta od metala, na stotine rimskog i drugog starog novca, na stotine arheoloških predmeta itd. Zemlje u kojima se to blago danas nalazi: Hrvatska, Srbija, Crna Gora, Makedonija, Slovenija, Bugarska, Grčka, Turska, Rusija, Irska, Ukrajina, Austrija, Italija, Njemačka, Mađarska itd. Kada bi se povratio barem dio onoga što je odneseno iz zemlje kroz posljednjih 500 godina trebao nam još jedan Zemaljski muzej da se sve to izloži u njegove vitrine.

Popis blaga koje se nalazi u inozemstvu

Arhivska građa

Povelje

1. Povelja Kulina bana, 12. stoljeće. Postoje tri primjerka. Dva prijepisa originala nalaze se u Dubrovačkom arhivu, treći primjerak koji se smatra originalom ili barem konceptom, nalazi se u Petersburgu u biblioteci Akademije nauka (Gosudarstvena biblioteka) u Rusiji.
2. Povelja kralja Dabiše kćeri Stani, pisana bosančicom, 14. stoljeće, nalazi se u Bečkom državnom arhivu (Austrija).
3. Povelja kralja Dabiše, izdana Hrvoju Vukčiću, pisana bosančicom, 14. stoljeće, nalati se u Dubrovačkom arhivu (Hrvatska) u Narodnom muizeju u Budimpešti (Mađarska)
4. Povelja braće Sankovića, izdana Dubrovniku, pisana bosančicom, 14. stoljeće, nalazi se u Bečkom državnom arhivu (Austrija).
5. Povelja kralja Stjepana Ostojića, izdana braći Dragišićima, pisana bosančicom, 15. stoljeće, nalazi se u Historijskom institutu Hrvatske akademije znanosti i u mjetnosti u Zagrebu (Hrvatska).
6. Povelja iz arhiva Bosanske franjevačke vikarije. Nalazi se u arhivu Franjevačkog samostana u Gyöngyösu u Mađarskoj (neistraženo)
itd ....(dalje slijedi popis svih otuđenih predmeta)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts