Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

after my messages to XT staff are not answered, I want to make up my mind here.

We have now about 120.000 ! Posts in this serbian forum. That is by far more than in the israeli, the dutch, the portuguese or the scottish board, nevertheless, we are not rewarded with an own subboard unter "european nations" like the croatians gained recently (deserved, but why they, not us or the hungarians with 110.000, too?)

I wanted to have a comment of XT Admins, what are the "qualifications" for a board to raise? Three requests, no answer.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I think that is because most of us on this board could careless.
We could have a vote though, I don't really care.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be good in order to have a sub forum structure within our serbian forum (National teams, league, players abroad, etc)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
We've been asked several times whether we'd want such a thing, and each time the consensus was that we would not. What's the point of splitting the forum into 3, or 4? One lively forum is better than 3 dead ones. I'm decidedly against it

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
i dont really want another sub forum. just keep everything in one forum

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
Gibraldo, dude, don't disappoint me. A few more posts like that and I'll have to rename you into the Serbian Cevapcici Kid. :D

I never understood why it is so important to people. I think we are in a great place where we are now. Instead of moving and dividing the forum, let's improve it by improving the quality - for example banning any mention of Kezman, Basta etc. And banning Polo of course. :D

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
I like just having to open one page and seeing everything, i'm way to lazy to open 2 or 3 sub-forums:D

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Keep it as it is. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Hi,

after my messages to XT staff are not answered,
:confused: well i for one didn't receive any pms about the subject or seen any threads in q&s forum nor anything like that. it all comes down to who do you contact, if you went for the pms perhaps you contacted someone who has been away for a while and still didn't see your pm.

We have now about 120.000 ! Posts in this serbian forum. That is by far more than in the israeli, the dutch, the portuguese or the scottish board, nevertheless, we are not rewarded with an own subboard unter "european nations" like the croatians gained recently (deserved, but why they, not us or the hungarians with 110.000, too?)

I wanted to have a comment of XT Admins, what are the "qualifications" for a board to raise? Three requests, no answer.
right first things first. sections aren't about prestige. if they were turks would never be above germans. italians would be above english and brazilians would be above everyone. sections come out of necessity. see croatian forum was extremely active. in just one year we went from 100 000 to 140 000 meaing 40 000 new posts in just 1 year. but these posts weren't that much concentrated in a couple of threads there were a lot of new threads getting creating which caused a congestion. before the split of the forum the last post in last thread on first page was just 1 week old which is the level of activity that not even the majority of big clubs' forums with a lot of fans on xtratime have, only a handful of forums had this kind of activity and that caused some specific problems. you see because of this a lot of good threads simply kept dying and it became a pain to keep some good threads active cause if you sticky them than that means that one recently active thread loses its place on first page and thus the thread life becomes shorter, on the other hand if you unsticky the threads than it becomes a problem because some good threads like say croatian clubs in diaspora simply die cause they get out muscled by more active threads. that was the main problem we faced in croatian forum. section does not come as a reward but as a necessity. there are no preset standards basically it comes down to what the people want, of course as long as they don't demand unreasonable things (example of an unreasonable demand: slovakian member comes to an idea that they should split the forum up and they ask for a section. unreasonable demand as at this time they have trouble even keeping the one forum active) ;)

you must be aware of some things though. getting your own section means splitting the forum up. that may stimulate growth and attract new members but it may also backfire and give wrong impressions of a desolate community which may have negative effects, like is the case with israeli forums. its down to you guys what do you want. you stay like this and wait for the community to grow some more before going for the split or you may go for the split now. in the end it comes down to what you want. if i may give my observations you guys have a lot of posts but they are concentrated in a couple of threads and new threads don't really get created for a while. perhaps you guys should try and decentralize your discussions. instead of discussing all nt games in one thread creating a thread for each nt game and things like that. that should give you the better insight of how active the community really is.

xt management does not work in the way that we go 'round and judge this forum is big enough lets expand and split them without ever asking them. you gotta ask for that move yourself. and not all like splitting the forum up. on that question in cro forum we really were divided and not everyone likes the change the cro forum has went through. just like some people like to have things organized and for example have one forum for league talk and the other one for nt, other people like to have everything in one place. thats the problem you will find everywhere so you'll find this problem here in serbian forum as well.

my suggestion would be that you all talk this though and decide what do you want, why do you want it and how did you have it in mind. example we want a section and to split this forum into these forums:

forum x
forum y and so on

we want it because of blablabla

oh and one more thing...well two really. as said before sections are not about prestige so if you go for the split do not play the prestige card cause thats the wrong card ;)
no2. serbian forum is in other nations section which is a part of european football section, same like croatian section ;)

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I really have nothing against the current forum but I guess if people really want to have what Gibraldo is suggesting, then go for it.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
MM, why was DZ banned again?

On topic, I would be against it too. I agree though, Gibraldo, that we deserve one, but that doesnt mean we should have one IMO. We have one of the best communities on this site so if it aint broke, dont fix it, I say.

What would help though, is if we didnt constantly have banned members.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It`s not about prestige. We all know, which club won an C1 title in the 90es and on which is the the currently best placed former yu team in the 5-year-uefa-list ;-)

No, what i mostly dislike is the confusing structure here (and that i got no reply from xt mods). There are dead threads like "Miralem Sulejmani: Video", that are haunting around here. There is no post since a month passed by, whereas other threads have about 100 new postings since then.

I think with a clear section it would be possible to attract new members and interests. In the "players in europe" subboard, we could make threads on various important leagues, in the "national team" forum, we can discuss more distinct on formations or make pinned threads A-Team, U21, U17, Olympic team a.s.o.

I also think our threads are someway overloaded with dozens of pages where discussion mutate towards topics that has nothing to do with the threat title anymore. I personally don`t like that. Senseless discussions like "Pantelic vs. Kezman" would be stored under "national team -> striker discussion" f. e. and won`t bother the other visitors here.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
he was warned not to insult members but he kept making post where he would still insult other members calling them faggots and such.
I was in the ranks when argentina played mexico in 2006, and with every goal kick of the argentine keeper, my entire block of the stadium would have been banned then. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
It`s not about prestige. We all know, which club won an C1 title in the 90es and on which is the the currently best placed former yu team in the 5-year-uefa-list ;-)

No, what i mostly dislike is the confusing structure here (and that i got no reply from xt mods). There are dead threads like "Miralem Sulejmani: Video", that are haunting around here. There is no post since a month passed by, whereas other threads have about 100 new postings since then.

I think with a clear section it would be possible to attract new members and interests. In the "players in europe" subboard, we could make threads on various important leagues, in the "national team" forum, we can discuss more distinct on formations or make pinned threads A-Team, U21, U17, Olympic team a.s.o.

I also think our threads are someway overloaded with dozens of pages where discussion mutate towards topics that has nothing to do with the threat title anymore. I personally don`t like that. Senseless discussions like "Pantelic vs. Kezman" would be stored under "national team -> striker discussion" f. e. and won`t bother the other visitors here.
that is something for you to discuss. if there are any questions about structure of xtratime management i can answer them or if you don't trust me there's andrix he also knows the ropes well. your fms can also give you the answers. but you gotta keep in mind that not everyone is available all the time, people have real life responsibilities and such and perhaps they don't have time for xtratime as much so that may be the reason for the lack of answers you mention.

the structure is very simple. there are 3 main groups...well 4 actually but in reality there are only 3. there are administators, community managers, forum managers and xt consultants. forum managers are moderators in one forum. well they can be fms in more forums but you get the idea, they have power only in a forum they are fms of. their powers are closing threads, creating polls, deleting posts and such. above them are community managers. they are xt's equivalent of super moderators, meaning they are fms in every forum and apart from having fm powers they can also ban people. administrators are top of the food chain. they have all the power in addition to cm's powers they also have powers to take care of the technical side of the forum (though after xtratime was bought by canadian company verticalscope they take care of this part now and admins can't really do much there anymore as they don't have server access), they can block users from specific forums, create new forums & sections and so on. there are also consultants. they are long serving administrators and community managers who have decided to stop participating in managing the forum but serve as consultants who with their experience are there to help management. they have same powers as community managers.

I was in the ranks when argentina played mexico in 2006, and with every goal kick of the argentine keeper, my entire block of the stadium would have been banned then. :rolleyes:
well ban is never the first choice, unless the post is really out of line. but in majority of cases people are warned before they are banned.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
he was warned not to insult members but he kept making post where he would still insult other members calling them faggots and such.
:howler: I know he was annoying a few members here, but I thought the ban was a bit harsh.

Gibraldo, I see where you're coming from bro, discussions, especially Kezman vs Pantelic can totally ruin threads :pp but usually there are only 6 or 7 active threads at a time, that get regularly updated. Its much easier to see the new posts when they are all under one forum.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Like I said, perhaps the best thing is to have a vote on the matter.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts