Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to calciomanager.it, Parma is one of the 4 clubs that are hunting rising Japan-star Junichi Inamoto from Arsenal. Atalanta, Valencia and PSV EIndhoven are also likely to sign the talented midfielder.

We are also interested in Boavista goalkeeper Ricardo as a substitute for Frey [dont go! :depress: ]. Boavista also offered us Portugal International defender Petit.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
And suddenly we're buying whole Boavista. :rolleyes:

Well, Ricardo is a decent goalkeeper, but I do think Frey will stay. Petit is really good.

As for Inamoto, he certainly has been impressive in the WC so far. If he manages to play same way for Parma, he'd be a great move. Don't know if he is the kind of player we need next to Lamouchi though.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Maybe Inamoto could be a man for left wing? Imagine if we would bring Shinji Ono for the right wing and play Nakata in the center? Man, would Parma be big in Japan. :D

Would be a shame to lose Frey though. However, I'm not sure that he's as good as he looks. He's a very carismatic goalie but is he as efficient as he's spectacular? I'm not sure. I think he might lack some in his positioning. But then again, that will come with more experience. He's a potential World #1 and that's why I want to keep him. Not so much for his current ability. Which is still very good of course, but so are other goalies.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Frey is an excellent goalkeeper. He has been arguably our best and most consistent player, and has saved our asses a hundred times last season.

A goalkeeper who is among the top 5 in Serie A (and I consider him better than Abbiati and Peruzzi) is most definitely an excellent goalkeeper. There aren't many goalies like Frey available- and he can only improve.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Inamoto is having the best time in his life. just because of that it does not mean that we should buy him. we should go after someone who is better on defense..

·
Registered
375 Posts
Petit isn't really defender more of a defensive midfielder!
he is a very good player though, last season some say arguably helped take boavista to the league title by himself. Very creative player for someone still quite young like 23/24 he has started every game for portugal in the WC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts