Xtratime Community banner

We sucked

611 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Glen 
#1 ·
Apart from the goal which was stolen,we had a REALLY crappy game.As usually Thuram and Cannavaro were superbe,the rest sucked big big time.Stanic tryed gbut he just couldnt be a midfield by his own.Anyway,we didnt deserve a point but at such crucial stage I dont really care about this.If the goal was allowed we would be at CL now.While with today's defeat we'll proibably face inter at a play-off and I can guarantee you that we will loose.With this kind of form,we should be ashamed of fighting for the CL,we should find for avoiding relegation.I dont know why but we didnt had the right attitude.We got in there thinking "we must not loose" and NOT "we must win".an attitude I can accept from Reggina or Lecce but not from Parma.My opinion on the players:

Buffon:so and so...he could reach the header but it wasnt his fault.
Sartor:get lost!
Thuram:empire
Cannavaro:empire's assistant
Fuser :eek:bviusly half injured,could only keep struggling for a half.
Bolano:he was running but...
Baggio:bye-bye
Vanoli:was this guy really playing for the national team?
Bennarivo:no comment (because I respect him)
Crespo:did he play?
Amoroso:not bad

Subs:
Stanic:good
Di Vaio:so and so

Ref:no comment (he doesnt deserve one)
Refs Assistants:somebody must teach them what off-side means (maybe Amoroso)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

See less See more
#2 ·
Unrecognizable. That is the word for our performances the last 3 weeks, not just today. Parma has been an unrecognizable club. Not one goal in 3 matches. No flair. No passion. No chances for Crespo. Something has gone drastically wrong. We do not seem to be clicking on ANY cylinders right now. It is distressing to say the least. Central midfield still the big problem. Dino and Bolano must go! But I actually thought Sartor has been playing okay since his return. After all, Parma has allowed only 1 goal in the last 3 games.

#3 ·
I watched the Bastardi - Parma game and this is my view on it.

Thuram is the best defender I have seen this season - Hands down better then Nesta :) Great game.

Cannavaro - superb defender and he played really well

Sartor - I thought he had an excellent game.

Fuser - pale today and I read that he was semi injured. He lacked pace and his crosses where poor ( the few he had ).

Bolano - good defensive work but no offensive.

Baggio - He was strong and he gives Parma needed physical help but he lacks a fundamental perception of the game. Baggio is still on his day a good player - but slow.

Bennarivio - not his day.

Stanic - Really worthless, I was praying for Malesani to sub him again.

Crespo - Well he did Ancelotti a favour today by totally sucking

Amoroso - Man I´m I happy Crespo and Amoroso haven´t played an entire season together :) This guy was the most dangerous Parma player of the day.

The game in itself: Well for one thing Juventus had a great day and could easily push down Parma. Parma was only going to win on counter attacks but since there was no one who wanted to supply any cut through passes to the attackers that counter attacking game was not working. I was surprised to see so many bad passes from the Parma players and also surprised to see that so many Parma players where content with the fact that Thuram had to run a marathon to create what the midfield should create.

Vanoli sucked big time and he really needs to be a second choice sub for next season and I must say that maybe this is the last season with Baggio as a starter even if he is a good physical player ( maybe the PL and Chelsea ).

Buffon was very good and he didn´t make a single error the way I saw it, and Cannavaro scored a goal - :)

Still it´s not easy to play at Delle Alpi.

#4 ·
i think u r wrong AMO
in somethings offcourse
sartor:play aa great game and he did some good attack moves he made di vaio alone with the goal

thuram and cannavaro were good as alwyaus

fuser:: was good not too good

stanic try sometimes to thing

bolano:i think he made his job'stop zidane'
he did not do anything in attack

D.baggio:i really waant him to go but he was the best in the medfeild he was covering bolano and bennarivo and control the parma side

bennarivo:was trying too hard in the medfeild

vanoli:wasn't in his form exept last 10 minites

crespo:did nothing
amoroso:did somethings (but for nothing)

the huge problem was :there is no playmaker at parma last night

G
#5 ·
All Parma midfielders are PLAY-MAKER. They make Parma the "being-played" team. Our tempo was controlled by guys like Zidane. WE WERE PLAYED BY JUVE! And we paid those guys like Dino Baggio to make our team being played!
I hope we can really get a play-maker so we can "play" other team but not "being played" by other team.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

#6 ·
I must say that in the first half Parma knew what they were doing. Crespo was unlucky that the ball caught a deflection just before he was going to score from close range in the 20th minute. Then Amoroso had a golden opportunity in the 40th minute but he waited and passed Crespo instead and a Juve defender got his leg in the way of the shot. Add to this Amoroso's first minute effort, that was clearly not an offside and Fuser being tripped in the penalty box in the 7th minute and you have a Parma worth a lead by half time. We let Juventus have the ball but they didn't create anything dangerous in front of Buffon. But in the second half things changed. Stanic came on and was absolutely worthless and when Juventus scored they could play more self confident while Parma lacked the offensive edge, apart from Amoroso who was brilliant at times. Basically, while the score was 0-0 we was giving Juventus a hard time and if we could have scored first we would most definetely have won. And the part that hurts the most is that we had very good chances to take that lead as well...

#7 ·
Correct assesment VERDI, apart from the fact that just as Crespo and Amoroso had their chances in the first half, so had Del Piero, Conte and Inzaghi.
Basically I think the game should have ended 1-1 (You know why), but Juventus were clearly the better team overall.
Thus Juventus deserved to win, but obviously the way in which we ultimately did wasn't good.

Ciao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.